Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Rams post game thread

Solid84

27 minutes ago, Introspect said:

But if we drafted him he would have been like Will Mallory... on the pine..:funny:

Mallory is fine.  Cox and Ogletree just had great games today.  Hopefully it continues, unlike with Reich who wouldnt get (Cox) involved in consecutive games.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't wait for your post's all week regarding Taylor. I will be listening to the Bowen show all week. We are about to find out a lot of truth's this week. 

Taylor needs to just play. Steichen is building a good thing here. Any chatter from JT, and I think they send him one  with a 12 month Netflix subscription.

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

we aren’t going to draft Harrison. I don’t think the pass catchers were bad today. 

Yeah, some people are projecting MHJ as #2, and it doesn't look like we will be THAT bad.  MPJ and AP didn't do much today.  TEs were solid.  I disagree that our WRs weren't bad.  They caught a total of 5 balls between all of them. 5 catches total between all of our WRs. I know everyone harps on him, but another missed catch by Pierce.  Yes, he got hit, but it's always something with him every week.  The ball wasn't thrown perfectly.  He got hit.  The DB made a play.  He did have a good catch today, but I'm not impressed with his overall body of work.  Minimal catches, minimal yards, and dropped balls. You cringe if there's a DB anywhere near him when he's targeted, because he usually doesn't come down with the catch.  He was supposed to be the big body that would complement MPJ as a solid #2.  As far as MPJ today, he's been good this season and everyone has a game where they don't have many catches.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Yeah, some people are projecting MHJ as #2, and it doesn't look like we will be THAT bad.  MPJ and AP didn't do much today.  TEs were solid.  I disagree that our WRs weren't bad.  They caught a total of 5 balls between all of them. 5 catches total between all of our WRs. I know everyone harps on him, but another missed catch by Pierce.  Yes, he got hit, but it's always something with him every week.  The ball wasn't thrown perfectly.  He got hit.  The DB made a play.  He did have a good catch today, but I'm not impressed with his overall body of work.  Minimal catches, minimal yards, and dropped balls. You cringe if there's a DB anywhere near him when he's targeted, because he usually doesn't come down with the catch.  He was supposed to be the big body that would complement MPJ as a solid #2.  As far as MPJ today, he's been good this season and everyone has a game where they don't have many catches.  

No team is going to trade out of that spot if he is there.

1 minute ago, kymd82222 said:

Re: Pierce, as much as I defend him, I will say my expectatuons for him ARE to be that 50/50 ball receiver, with great hands, but I'm not seeing that so far.  I'm not giving up yet though.  Today was the first day I saw Steichen open up the playbook a little bit, and he had an excellent down field grab, with his arm held back for 5 yards.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Introspect said:

Even a loss like this was more entertaining than any win in the last 2 years....

We've had so many QBs and head coaches recently, it's hard to remember which year was which.  

Since Ballard arrived, we've had 4 head coaches and 11 different QBs start a game?  

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

He is schemed open consistently.   Wes Welker, Edelman.  Neither were elite,  but caught a lot of balls

I agree with you about Puka.  His best college season, he had 805 yards in 12 games.  Last year he had 625 yards in 9 games.  No slouch by any means, but he isn't a  Hill or Diggs type talent.  It also helps that he has a QB that usually throws for a ton of yards every season.  

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard could have done this as well. He chooses to draft non-first round WRs as he doesn't value the position.

He needs to start valuing the position and realize that this isn't the 80s and 90s anymore.  The rules have made it a passing league, and having good WRs is paramount to having a good team.  

1 minute ago, kymd82222 said:

He needs to start valuing the position and realize that this isn't the 80s and 90s anymore.  The rules have made it a passing league, and having good WRs is paramount to having a good team.  

We haven’t had the Chance to take one in the first round because we have had bigger holes elsewhere. Paye I believe was the first time we had a first round pick in a few years.

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Why not? If they are good tight ends are a mismatch all the time. You want tight ends taking advantage of that. Maybe Steichen was taking advantage of that.

We aren't talking about an Antonio Gates type TE, though. They are run of the mill TEs.  Not knocking them, but that's what they are.   5 catches total by all of your WRs combined isn't a good thing.  

in person, the stadium was absolutely dead while we were getting shut out, then right on time AR came out after half and gave us a touchdown. 

couple of thoughts personally, missed kick and the option to not let gay kick one probably cost us the game, but let's be honest, not scoring any points in the first half is the real issue here. 

as far as the cornerback situation, this was to be expected with whom we rolled into the season. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I thought the NE win 2 years ago was pretty entertaining, along with that game we won on Christmas with backup o-lineman.

that cardinals game was fun to watch, and the NE game where JT finished it, iconic. Also the tampa bay game at home vs Brady 

At some point there has to be some accountability on the organization for the receiver issue. The Colts receivers have been struggling to separate consistently for like 5 years now. 

There’s always an excuse. “Oh the QB play is bad, oh it’s the playcalling, etc..”. At the end of the day it just isn’t working. These pass catchers just don’t get open enough. I like Downs because he does seem to get open often, but everyone else is hit or miss.

This team must get a true elite number 1 receiver by the time the 2024 season starts.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Truth is, Ballard just got his QB.... as long as it has taken.  The next few years will be telling, but I believe Raimann pans out at LT, and we can get that WR. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not even sure if it his size, it may be his coaching. 

Possibly.  I think it will be very hard for him to find his footing under Reich.  He's just not a good coach IMO.  It also could be the fact that a lot of times Alabama QBs don't pan out for some reason.  Could be the fact that Alabama typically has great WRs, RBs and a good defense.  Having all of that talent can help cover up a lot of a QBs shortcomings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, compuls1v3 said:

Truth is, Ballard just got his QB.... as long as it has taken.  The next few years will be telling, but I believe Raimann pans out at LT, and we can get that WR. 

This could be the year to get a WR in the first. Depending on how Alec plays this year. I would sign Pittman and let pierce and a first round WR battle. We can have both for a couple years with Pittman.

20 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We haven’t had the Chance to take one in the first round because we have had bigger holes elsewhere. Paye I believe was the first time we had a first round pick in a few years.

Good point.  Like you said, hopefully next draft is the year we take a WR in the 1st. 

Just now, kymd82222 said:

Always excuses for Pierce.  At some point, good WRs start making those catches consistently.  

While I dont disagree with that statement, I'm not giving up on him.  Yet.  He only had two targets this game, and the one catch was beautiful, but I don't see the recognition for that....

Just now, coltsfan_canada said:

What a game by DAYO ODEYINGBO!!!

Tackles     SACKS   TFL     PD    QB HITS

7             1.5        1        1          4

People were complaining about him too (before today).  I think he has a great year this year and takes advantage of his snaps.

2 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Good point.  Like you said, hopefully next draft is the year we take a WR in the 1st. 

We have our LT. So thank goodness that is fixed.  We have some big holes on defense so if we can get a corner that is worthy of a first that would be great. Or even a safety. 

2 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

What a game by DAYO ODEYINGBO!!!

Tackles     SACKS   TFL     PD    QB HITS

7             1.5        1        1          4

He should of been the 3tech to start the game. 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We have our LT. So thank goodness that is fixed.  We have some big holes on defense so if we can get a corner that is worthy of a first that would be great. Or even a safety. 

He should of been the 3tech to start the game. 

Was he drafted to replace Buckner eventually?