Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week #2: Colts @ Texans, September 17, 2023, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Colts @ Texans Poll  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How will the Colts score their first TD?

• TD run
    • TD catch
    • Defensive TD (Pick-six, Fumble recovery for TD, etc)
    • Special Teams TD
    • The Colts will not score a TD
  2. 2. Who wins this game?

• Colts win
    • Texans win
    • Game ends in a tie

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2023 at 05:05 PM

I’m not really impressed by stroud numbers.  They look good, but in context he’s been sacked 5 times and got majority of his yards due to the cover 2 and our lack of defensive back talent.  He threw 38 times and averaged like 8yds.  I’ll take that.  I agree however in hindsight, we did go to the cover 2 early but I also understand the logic of the decision.  That last drive we applied pressure and if we had a corner better than baker, that drive probably wouldn’t have lasted as long

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smittywerb said:

I’m not really impressed by stroud numbers.  They look good, but in context he’s been sacked 5 times and got majority of his yards due to the cover 2 and our lack of defensive back talent.  He threw 38 times and averaged like 8yds.  I’ll take that.  I agree however in hindsight, we did go to the cover 2 early but I also understand the logic of the decision.  That last drive we applied pressure and if we had a corner better than baker, that drive probably wouldn’t have lasted as long

They have like 3rd string backups playing on the Oline.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Some of it is inexperienced corners.

I don’t think people understand how bad we may look if we decide to not go cover 2 and play more man.  Lol 

baker, brown, and Moore is not a good corner group no matter how much we blitz or play zone. 

I love seeing Steichen use EVERY trick in the book and every opportunity he has to give this team the slightest of chances. Sure, those shenanigans might almost never work... but we lose nothing by trying it and in the rare ocassions it works, it gives you an edge. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

this year seems like all blame will go to inexperience.

HC - bad coaching inexperienced coach

QB - inexperience

DB - inexperience

I thought that was kind of understood going into this season. The expectation wasn't to be a super bowl contender, just to be competitive and get all of those guys experience.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They have like 3rd string backups playing on the Oline.

They do, but we’re not an elite defense either.  Just because they’re 3rd string, doesn’t mean we have the talent to get 10 sacks.  Also, we don’t have the corners to match up with them whether we play zone or man.  But with all that, it’s not like stroud was launching it down the field, he averaged 8yds per catch.    Checkdown Charlie ain’t gonna cut it when you’re trying to win.