Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Boo!! Who is the real Ghost? TY or AP

Indeee

3 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

"Partial check" 😂

More like no check. 

Ha!! No, if you notice that in week 3, he caught 3 passes, and I gave him a partial check there as well. I'm more consistent than Peirce is at this point. :hat:

Friendos...

I have been called out for saying that AP was a wasted 2022 2nd round pick. Let's see if I turn out to be right.

This is a running weekly tab on how many games the real ghost, aka Alec Pierce, disappears.  

Week one: CHECK 

Week two: CHECK

Week Three: Partial CHECK ( 3 for 7 is better or aka a little Boo )

Week Four: CHECK 

Week Five: CHECK

Week 6: CHECK

Week 7: Partial CHECK (3 catches today on 3 targets, all decent and 1 pretty good on a key free-play spot downfield)

Week 8: UNCHECK < I know he only caught two balls, but the 3rd down catch late in the game was actually a great catch in a great spot, and YAC to get the 1st. Bigtime play, so this week, wasn't a ghost ironically on Halloween week no less, he isn't getting a Boo from me.

Week 9: 

On 10/1/2023 at 7:35 PM, Indeee said:

Friendos...

I have been called out for saying that AP was a wasted 2022 2nd round pick. Let's see if I turn out to be right.

This is a running weekly tab on how many games the real ghost, aka Alec Pierce, disappears.  

Week Five:

infomercial jeremy GIF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

Friendos...

Week 7: Partial CHECK (3 catches today on 3 targets, all decent and 1 pretty good on a key free-play spot downfield)

Week 8: UNCHECK < I know he only caught two balls, but the 3rd down catch late in the game was actually a great catch in a great spot, and YAC to get the 1st. Bigtime play, so this week, wasn't a ghost ironically on Halloween week no less, he isn't getting a Boo from me.

Week 9: 

So, 5-1-2 for the Ghost! 

Author

Posted October 29

Friendos...

Week 8: UNCHECK < I know he only caught two balls, but the 3rd down catch late in the game was actually a great catch in a great spot, and YAC to get the 1st. Bigtime play, so this week, wasn't a ghost ironically on Halloween week no less, he isn't getting a Boo from me.

Week 9: CHECK

Week 10:

Friendos...

Week 8: UNCHECK < I know he only caught two balls, but the 3rd down catch late in the game was actually a great catch in a great spot, and YAC to get the 1st. Bigtime play, so this week, wasn't a ghost ironically on Halloween week no less, he isn't getting a Boo from me.

Week 9: CHECK

Week 10: CHECK

Week 11: CHECK ( Everyone disappears during a bye week ) Ha!!

Week 12:

he's had some decent contested catches, but he definitely isn't a focal point of the offense

15 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Pierce can’t catch the ball if they don’t throw to him.  He was open a lot today.  And he’s a great run blocker.  

Sometimes people get too wrapped up in stats and don’t see the game.  

8 minutes ago, twfish said:

At first I was with you, but watching film the guy is open, a ton. What a weird vendetta to hold against a player though.

6 minutes ago, AKB said:

he's had some decent contested catches, but he definitely isn't a focal point of the offense

No doubt.  He’s WR #3.  But he’s a decent player.  Maybe when they look at the film and see how open he’s been they’ll start throwing to him more.  

Look, this team isn’t going anywhere with Minshew.  They need to work on developing players like him and Downs, and the young TEs.  Get them ready for AR.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

No doubt.  He’s WR #3.  But he’s a decent player.  Maybe when they look at the film and see how open he’s been they’ll start throwing to him more.  

Look, this team isn’t going anywhere with Minshew.  They need to work on developing players like him and Downs, and the young TEs.  Get them ready for AR.  

yeah id love to see some more 50/50 balls to pierce

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Pierce can’t catch the ball if they don’t throw to him.  He was open a lot today.  And he’s a great run blocker.  

10 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If you watch tape pierce is open a ton. He is just not being targeted.

10 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

Exactly.

18 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Here's something all of you Pierce supporters need to realize in regard to watching tape and knowing Pierce is always open and whatever your counter argument is.

Don't each of you believe that the coaching staff watches tape? Don't you believe that the QB room watches tape?

There is a reason that Pierce IS NOT a part of the gameplan. There is something behind the scenes going on here because if Pierce is always this wide open, any coach in the NFL would constantly try to get him involved and that is not taking place.

Spin it all you want. Pierce is a BUM.

9 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Here's something all of you Pierce supporters need to realize in regard to watching tape and knowing Pierce is always open and whatever your counter argument is.

Don't each of you believe that the coaching staff watches tape? Don't you believe that the QB room watches tape?

There is a reason that Pierce IS NOT a part of the gameplan. There is something behind the scenes going on here because if Pierce is always this wide open, any coach in the NFL would constantly try to get him involved and that is not taking place.

Spin it all you want. Pierce is a BUM.

"Pierce is a BUM". Nice take :facepalm:. I wonder sometimes if some people think before they post.

• Like 1

Until you understand that WRs in an offense, actually have defined roles other than "catch the ball", you won't be able to understand how Pierce is not going to look good this year.

He has ran over 11k yards this year, which leads the NFL WRs. He is strictly a deep threat, take the top off WR in this offense. Problem is, Minshew cannot throw deep. Like at all. He's made for a west coast offense. As soon as Richardson went down, AP had no chance.

Next year will be the big evaluation year for him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NorthernColt said:

Until you understand that WRs in an offense, actually have defined roles other than "catch the ball", you won't be able to understand how Pierce is not going to look good this year.

He has ran over 11k yards this year, which leads the NFL WRs. He is strictly a deep threat, take the top off WR in this offense. Problem is, Minshew cannot throw deep. Like at all. He's made for a west coast offense. As soon as Richardson went down, AP had no chance.

Pierce wasn't being thrown Deep balls consistently by Richardson either because your so-called deep threat can't gain separation and the reason, he was SOOOO wide open on Sunday is because Belichick knows we are not throwing it to him. So why even pay attention. 

You know who NEVER has moments in the game except for late reads or last resorts. B U M S. Your "deep threats" who never get thrown the ball to. Like Perriman or Marquise Goodman as an example. They are nobody cares players. 

So, by your almighty understanding of the WR position then Pierce on this team is a YOUNG decoy. Decoy equals BUM. 

Stop with all these defending a player who is easily replaced except for aging deep threat bums like Perriman. 

Until Pierce is utilized on a team as a playmaker, he is by definition replaceable. << BUM. 

2 hours ago, NorthernColt said:

Plus Minshew has a lower release point that makes him throw on a rope, while throws to the outside leading your WR need some arch unless your WR chemistry is superb. AP, the few things he is good at, is going up and getting the throw. Minshew gave him one this last game, he came down with it. Matt Ryan, that is what he would try to go, give throws to AP that he could go up and get it. However, AP's skillset is limited and despite a good 40 time, he doesn't run away from folks. Both AP and Pittman are X type WRs drafted for the outside. Not ideal. Time to go get some Zs and give AP some jump balls 2-3 times a game. That is all I see happening. 

• 9 months later...
Just now, indyagent17 said:

It’s just one game and let’s face it. We just threw the ball up to a position and Pierce went underneath it horribly disappointed in Richardson’s accuracy.

"He went underneath it horribly"   it was a 60 yard TD.  What are you talking about.?

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

He has a QB with an arm now.   I said many times last season he was open deep. 

Well, with Minshew last season with a weak arm I was hoping AR would help our offense. AR only completed 9 passes and our offense was only on the field for 20 mins. That is not a winning recipe in the NFL

Well, with Minshew last season with a weak arm I was hoping AR would help our offense. AR only completed 9 passes and our offense was only on the field for 20 mins. That is not a winning recipe in the NFL

It's ARs 5th game as a pro.  Kid looked pretty good.  If you can't admit that,  you're a troll 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

"He went underneath it horribly"   it was a 60 yard TD.  What are you talking about.?

I’m talking about him completing only nine passes for the entire game Our all officers on the field for only 20 minutes of a 60 minute game. I also accidentally said we when I met he only threw the ball up in the air and Pierce ran underneath it. if he was so accurate then why did he miss Mitchell twice when he was wide-open for touchdowns?

I’m talking about him completing only nine passes for the entire game Our all officers on the field for only 20 minutes of a 60 minute game. I also accidentally said we when I met he only threw the ball up in the air and Pierce ran underneath it. if he was so accurate then why did he miss Mitchell twice when he was wide-open for touchdowns?

The post isn't about AR.  It's about Pierce.   AR will get better.  I fear your punctuation will not. 

• Like 1