Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Jags post game thread

GoColts8818

34 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

It was about what I expected it to be. 

Hopefully Richardson isn’t injured.

Jackson was not my favorite today at all. Hopefully Hull doesn’t miss any time. 

I don’t mind the 4th down decisions, but I was not impressed with the play calling there. 

There was enough to be encouraged with today. 

I felt like Steichen was channeling his inner Frank Reich in the 2nd half with the play-calling. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Richardson already has one of the best arms in the league. Throwing deep is also on the playcalling and OL. But you can’t set up the deep passing game if you have no run game.

"if you have no run game". Best quote of the day and some in here think Taylor is replaceable by a bunch of average RB's. If Taylor plays today we probably win. Am I 100% certain, no, but likely especially up 4 in the 4th qtr. If Taylor just breaks 1 long for a TD, game over. 

• Like 3

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"if you have no run game". Best quote of the day and some in here think Taylor is replaceable by a bunch of average RB's. If Taylor plays today we probably win. Am I 100% certain, no, but likely especially up 4 in the 4th qtr. If Taylor just breaks 1 long for a TD, game over. 

No it’s the opposite. You have to throw to run. It creates wide open running lanes if you can throw deep.

We already know we’re gonna need more firepower on offense.  Do we really want to take a hit to the cap for a player that may not even fit into the scheme? I wanted to win today too but not at the cost of our long term success.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No it’s the opposite. You have to throw to run. It creates wide open running lanes if you can throw deep.

If you don't think not having Taylor didn't make a huge difference I am done with this discussion. It is ridiculous for anyone to think Taylor would not have made a difference after the way our RB's played today. SMH. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the Colts definitely win that game with Taylor. He gets yards after contact and doesn’t fumble the ball often. Plus his ability to hit the home run makes you have to stack the box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didnt see many holes that even Taylor could run through.  Just wasnt a good run blocking day from what I could see.

• Like 1

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

I think the Colts definitely win that game with Taylor. He gets yards after contact and doesn’t fumble the ball often. Plus his ability to hit the home run makes you have to stack the box.

They were stacking the box, which makes me wonder why we didnt take more deep shots.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Reich didn’t do much to help young succeed lol.

Curious about the sacks. Could only keep an eye on the ESPN gamecast but saw twice it said sacked out of bounds for 0 yards. Im guessing it was on a scramble but how is it a sack if it wasn’t behind the los. Both were by Allen fwiw.

All kt takes is 1 run and Taylor has that ability to bust one.

I think when you have to respect the RB with Richardson running ability there would of been a lot more space all over the field. 

Just now, G8R said:

Curious about the sacks. Could only keep an eye on the ESPN gamecast but saw twice it said sacked out of bounds for 0 yards. Im guessing it was on a scramble but how is it a sack if it wasn’t behind the los. Both were by Allen fwiw.

I think it is a sack if it gained zero yards.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you don't think not having Taylor didn't make a huge difference I am done with this discussion. It is ridiculous for anyone to think Taylor would not have made a difference after the way our RB's played today. SMH. 

And of Taylor isn’t his old self? And what if he doesn’t fit Steichen’s scheme?

Again, we have too many gaps needing filled to unnecessarily spend money on a risk if we don’t have to. This is one game. We’ve got a talent in AR. The worst thing we can do is not surround him with players unless we know he’s 100% (which he is unwilling to show us at this point) OR he will be in Steichen’s long term plan for the team.  

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Taylor has played his hand and won. We need him. I don't care for how he went about doing it. Just pay the man. If he wants to still stay. Moss and Taylor are a pretty good duo. Jackson has to go. We can do better than that.

27 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Richardson already has one of the best arms in the league. Throwing deep is also on the playcalling and OL. But you can’t set up the deep passing game if you have no run game.

I think u r missing the point. They are playing the run. Now Richarson needs to show the ability to throw deep and get rid of the ball quickly when they blitz. When they are totally up on the Oline, I also think that tires them. They just need to catch a break.  U make some crucial passes , and the D will back off.  If they continually blitz and u don't get rid of the ball fast, they will do it over and over again. It's just that Richardson needs some time. I really don't expect that til late  in the season. Steichen is going to have to protect him. He cant continually have him back their slinging the ball or he will get killed. This is all about developing Richardson and I think Steichen's play selection shows that. Just think of Payton. Different player but they said u r staying in there and sling it and we don't care what happens as u ain't coming out lol. I think it is kind of the same with Richardson. They just want to see him grow, and I think it will all come together.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joeb said:

Taylor has played his hand and won. We need him. I don't care for how he went about doing it. Just pay the man. If he wants to still stay. Moss and Taylor are a pretty good duo. Jackson has to go. We can do better than that.

That was a sad display regarding the run game. It reminded me of when Emmitt Smith held out and even Dallas sucked starting 0-2 and they had a great Line and Aikman and Irvin. That backup RB they had kept getting stuffed. I thought Jimmy's hair was going come out of place, hair spray and all. 

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think u r missing the point. They are playing the run. Now Richarson needs to show the ability to throw deep and get rid of the ball quickly when they blitz. When they are totally up on the Oline, I also think that tires them. They just need to catch a break.  U make some crucial passes , and the D will back off.  If they continually blitz and u don't get rid of the ball fast, they will do it over and over again. It's just that Richardson needs some time. I really don't expect that til late  in the season. Steichen is going to have to protect him. He cant continually have him back their slinging the ball or he will get killed. This is all about developing Richardson and I think Steichen's play selection shows that. Just think of Payton. Different player but they said u r staying in there and sling it and we don't care what happens as u ain't coming out lol. I think it is kind of the same with Richardson. They just want to see him grow, and I think it will all come together.

100% it takes time..

I thought the game was constrained to get AR and some of the new players a chance to feel what a real NFL game feels like without showing too much. We need to throw off those constraints as soon as possible because it will become the new norm.

Running back by committee may yield similar results to design by committee - a camel is a horse designed by committee. Camels aren't going to get the job done.

Just now, EasyE said:

100% it takes time..

I know a lot of people miss Taylor, and I was not impressed with the Rbs. However, I don't think there was a lot of room out there. I watched the play selection snd based on what I saw, it looked like Taylor may have hit the bench for a lot of those plays, lol. Just my thought. I never thought he was a good fit for this scheme.

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I know a lot of people miss Taylor, and I was not impressed with the Rbs. However, I don't think there was a lot of room out there. I watched the play selection snd based on what I saw, it looked like Taylor may have hit the bench for a lot of those plays, lol. Just my thought. I never thought he was a good fit for this scheme.

I think Hull is a pretty good back. Got hurt quick. He's got good burst after catch. Taylor and Moss would have done as well as jags backs. 

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I don't know if Taylor will be a factor.. I do think that is why his contract isn't extended. He coming off injury and hasn't played in this new coaching offense. JMO

1 minute ago, EasyE said:

I don't know if Taylor will be a factor.. I do think that is why his contract isn't extended. He coming off injury and hasn't played in this new coaching offense. JMO

Agreed. And based on what we’ve seen in the other skill positions, we’re gonna need a lot of help and that’s gonna cost us money we can’t afford on a maybe healthy/scheme RB.

Losing Taylor would be the Cubs losing Bellinger, it is a team game but a bad blow.

Taylor asking for a new contract coming off last season is pretty brazen. I would give him 5 yrs. 60mil. 10 this year. 12.5 for next 4. That's more than fair. If he won't accept that he has to go.

1 minute ago, joeb said:

Taylor asking for a new contract coming off last season is pretty brazen. I would give him 5 yrs. 60mil. 10 this year. 12.5 for next 4. That's more than fair. If he won't accept that he has to go.

Just remember we got a 2nd and 5th for Marshall Faulk in his prime. So I'm thinking we would get less for Taylor. 

12 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

They were not afraid of our running backs.  They were afraid of AR running the ball not the running backs.  They took away our deep passes and challenged AR to make the intermediate throws.  With a dangerous running back like Taylor in the lineup everything changes.  They have to account for his breakaway ability and game plan for him.  That opens up AR’s game even more.  Playmakers make a difference.  We are missing our number one guy.  It hurt us today.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I understand evaluating to see how a player fits in with a new coach and scheme. But a running back like Taylor should fit into any scheme. Irsay and Ballard look kind of silly not getting it done.

We haven’t given any player an extension. We have a new coach, a new scheme, he’s coming off of a significant injury, committed to playing then backed out. None of these should make you if your Irsay or Ballard giddy to sign him to an extension when we have waaaaaay too many gaps to fill.

10 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Agreed. And based on what we’ve seen in the other skill positions, we’re gonna need a lot of help and that’s gonna cost us money we can’t afford on a maybe healthy/scheme RB.

I think another RB is signed. But I don't have a clue who and I'm not sure we don't already have the guy in the stable. I would give Hull the starting roll until Moss is ready.. Just a thought.

18 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

You design your offense around your playmakers.  You make use of their playmaking ability.  Without Taylor being available we’re stuck.  No doubt that if we had Taylor coach would have designed plays to take advantage of his playmaking ability.  That’s what good coaches do.  Get the ball into your playmaker’s hands.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Losing Taylor would be like the Cubs losing Bellinger, it is a team game but a bad blow.

I'm like you. I love JT, at the same time I understand why Colts hasn't signed him. He hasn't came off PUP to show his worth to a new offense. Whatever happens I hope Colts and JT get what they want.

• Like 2