Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dulin out for the year.

CR91

23 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Not sure what value Strachan  adds but I know Mckenzie  will be on than and rodgers may be as well

Strachan is bigger. Downs, Rogers, and McKenzie are all on the smaller side, so regardless of if it’s Rogers or McKenzie for the final slot WR spot, the 5th WR needs to have some size.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Strachan is bigger. Downs, Rogers, and McKenzie are all on the smaller side, so regardless of if it’s Rogers or McKenzie for the final slot WR spot, the 5th WR needs to have some size.

Hey, guys like Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins with decent size are still available for playing roles if needed.

No one can really question his value as a gunner. 

As for our WR group - this might be the best we've seen the unit in YEARS. 

I know that's a bold statement, but I really believe that with the addition of Downs, and a more experienced Pitt/Pierce this is the best we've been since probably having TY and Moncrief. 

As for people freaking out about gunners... it is important, but it isn't that hard to replace. Also, this is clearly a let'em play kinda year. A gunner isn't gonna make or break us this season. 

So excited for Colts football. Let's go

(but, feels bad man for Dulin.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Special team players are not that hard to find.

Great gunners don’t grow on trees. Dulin is a pro bowler. He’ll be missed. But I do think the team can replace him as a receiver. He’s a decent #5; I suspect they can find a better one.

44 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Special team players are not that hard to find.

Great special teams players sure are.    And Dulin is great.   

This franchise highly values ST’s.   Why you think you know better than Ballard, Dodds and their scouts is a mystery.  

Perhaps Rogers can replace Dulin?

Amari Rodgers  Draft and Combine Profile

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/amari-rodgers/3200524f-4434-2823-8e97-2d93985ad418

The son of former Tennessee and NFL quarterback Tee Martin nearly signed with USC, where Martin was coaching at that time. He decided to move from Knoxville to Clemson...

...Rodgers became Trevor Lawrence's top target in 2020, leading the Tigers with 77 receptions and 1,020 receiving yards (13.3 per) while tying for the team lead with seven touchdown catches. The first-team All-ACC selection also scored once as a rusher (2-50-25.0) and returned punts (nine returns, 64 yards, 7.1 average). He accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl. -- by Chad Reuter

By Lance Zierlein

NFL Comparison Christian Kirk

Overview

Compact slot target who thrived at Clemson with his ability to create chunk plays out of short catch-and-runs and take the top off defenses with his speed. Rodgers has a running back's stout lower body, providing power and balance to break tackles and rumble through contact with the ball in his hands. His ball skills are pretty good, but he can go from magnificent catch to focus drop in a single drive. Rodgers uses speed alterations inside the route and a sudden burst to top speed to create deep separation from coverage. He's not as effective at separating underneath against tight man coverage and will need to prove himself in that regard.

Sources Tell Us

"I love his value because you can play him like San Francisco uses Deebo Samuel, but he has the strength and speed to line up outside, too." -- Area scout for NFC team