Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Preseason Game #2: Bears @Colts, 8/19/23, 7PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe Minshew made the backup Oline look good.

That’s what a vet QB can do.  That’s why quick passes matter so much.  I know fans jumped on Holder for criticizing Richardson for holding the ball too long earlier this week but that’s why it matters.  If you get the ball out fast you can make a shaky oline look good.  How many times did Peyton talk about knowing where he was going before the ball was snapped.  I know the line isn’t giving Sam time and they have to get better but Sam is also holding it where as Minshew was throwing most of the time as he got the snap.  I know it’s only a second or two but that’s why it matters.

• Like 2

Just now, MacDee1975 said:

I think he's referring to Johnson & Adebawore.  Those 2 were beyond horrible on the Bears TD drive.

Yeah I agreed those 2 need more time BUT Bryan and Lewis will be the first two in at DT most likely.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I hope you did not miss much. Enjoy the rest of the game..

Thanks no just a drive and a half

• Like 1

Some positives in the first half there, particuarly Downs and Cross. We could do with those two 3rd rounders coming through for us this season. 

You feels Downs is going to be an important piece for us, even now despite him not having played in the regular season game yet.

Concerns again on the oline depth.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Yeah I agreed those 2 need more time BUT Bryan and Lewis will be the first two in at DT most likely.

Yes.  Bryan and Lewis are fine at backup.  

I don't know what Johnson even brings to the table, and Adebawore is a question mark at this point in camp, as well.

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

McGrone leading our club in tackles. Think he can make the P.S.

McGrone is 4th in tackles.

Cross

Stuart

Jones

McGrone 

Tied for 1st in solo tackles though.

Just now, MacDee1975 said:

Yes.  Bryan and Lewis are fine at backup.  

I don't know what Johnson even brings to the table, and Adebawore is a question mark at this point in camp, as well.

Dayo can slide in there too 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Some positives in the first half there, particuarly Downs and Cross. We could do with those two 3rd rounders coming through for us this season. 

You feels Downs is going to be an important piece for us, even now despite him not having played in the regular season game yet.

Concerns again on the oline depth.

im more concerned about DT depth than Oline depth tbh.

I like pinter as backup C, and I think Hambright can play RG

Just now, w87r said:

Little small for my liking.

yeah he should only be at tackle in obvious long passing downs

• Like 2