Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay and $20 million

bluephantom87

15 hours ago, Superman said:

An animal needs to be moved, but the operation is cost prohibitive. Someone steps in to foot the bill, now the operation can proceed.

What's the problem here???

Please don't tell me people are saying Irsay is fine spending $20m to move an orca, but won't pay Jonathan Taylor. Please tell me people are smarter than that...

Makes you wonder because that's exactly what happened on the Carton show and a few others. I simply chose to leave that part out when I started this thread to focus on Jim's good deed. Unfortunately the running narrative turned out to be that Irsay would spend $20 million to help a "fish" but chooses not pay to his star rb who happens to be one of the best in the league. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

Makes you wonder because that's exactly what happened on the Carton show and a few others. I simply chose to leave that part out when I started this thread to focus on Jim's good deed. Unfortunately the running narrative turned out to be that Irsay would spend $20 million to help a "fish" but chooses not pay to his star rb who happens to be one of the best in the league. 

It's not even a comparable case.

It's his own money, not his teams salary cap allocation.

His money:

3.9b net worth / $20m  =  .005%

Teams cap:

$224.8m / $20m =  8.9% 

Not like he can just take that $20m and give it to Taylor. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 8/4/2023 at 9:42 AM, bluephantom87 said:

It has been reported that Jim is spending his own money to help airlift Lolita the orca (whose been at a Florida aquarium for over 50 yrs) to be released near her home waters close to the Puget sound to live out the remainder of her life. Well on the Carton show this morning they blasted and made fun of Irsay for wanting to spend $20 million to quote "move a FISH from one pond to another." Say what you want but Jim is one interesting dude. 

Probably the best free agent signing in the Ballard/Irsay era!!

19 minutes ago, w87r said:

His money:

Teams cap:

$224.8m / $20m =  8.9% 

Like I said never pick a fight with a billionaire, u will always lose. Although, I totally beleive Irsay did this from the heart, u can't help being a little amused by his  actions in light of the Taylor contract dispute. Although not intended, Taylor has to be thinking he chose a damn whale over me. Irsay 1 Taylor 0!! Damn that's harsh lol. Maybe we can refer to this story as "Taylor and the whale"?

55 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Like I said never pick a fight with a billionaire, u will always lose. Although, I totally beleive Irsay did this from the heart, u can't help being a little amused by his  actions in light of the Taylor contract dispute. Although not intended, Taylor has to be thinking he chose a damn whale over me. Irsay 1 Taylor 0!! Damn that's harsh lol. Maybe we can refer to this story as "Taylor and the whale"?

Only * compare the 2.    

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Probably the best free agent signing in the Ballard/Irsay era!!

Like I said in the post before

5 hours ago, w87r said:

His money:

Teams cap:

$224.8m / $20m =  8.9% 

Some folks aren't concerned about those pesky facts.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, w87r said:

His money:

Teams cap:

$224.8m / $20m =  8.9% 

Not to mention it’s a worthy cause and even if not it’s his money and he can spend it as he wants.

On 8/4/2023 at 12:01 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am still trying to figure out how you get a whale from Miami go WA state lol.

....very carefully :funny:

But with all this.alien talk lately and Steven Greer saying the government has learned so much technology since the '50's AND Anti-Gravity since 1954.....so maybe anti gravity will help moving.Orca? Lol

13 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Irsay committed money to this project long before the Taylor drama

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 10:42 AM, bluephantom87 said:

It has been reported that Jim is spending his own money to help airlift Lolita the orca (whose been at a Florida aquarium for over 50 yrs) to be released near her home waters close to the Puget sound to live out the remainder of her life. Well on the Carton show this morning they blasted and made fun of Irsay for wanting to spend $20 million to quote "move a FISH from one pond to another." Say what you want but Jim is one interesting dude. 

He also spends big money on guitars owned by famous folks

He also spends big money on charity as well.....  He gave $25M toward an medically impacted player Go fund me (Hamlin)

I personally dont care what he spends his money on......  He has opened up the wallet many times over the years

He says and does some "interesting stuff"...... but so do I..... (Ask my wife)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

He also spends big money on guitars owned by famous folks

He also spends big money on charity as well.....  He gave $25M toward an medically impacted player Go fund me (Hamlin)

I personally dont care what he spends his money on......  He has opened up the wallet many times over the years

He says and does some "interesting stuff"...... but so do I..... (Ask my wife)

He's got a 'whale' of a running back I'd like to see him save also. He only wants to spend $4M on this project. Realize the money comes from different places but we could afford more from the football operations if they wanted to. Would still like to see the Colts put together a nice incentive package for him. Oh well, we will probably see Jonathan shipped out also.

Everyone screams that the billionaire owners are evil and greedy. Here’s an owner spending 20 million of his own money on a single cause that is actually decent. 

Which other owners are spending 20M on a single charitable cause? Jones? The Rooneys? Kraft? Kronke?

People trying to compare this with the Taylor situation… that is business. This isn’t business. 

Here’s an owner doing something everyone loves to say they don’t do, and should do more of and instead of acknowledging him for it they’ve somehow turned it into a punchline. 

It’s ridiculous, really. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

He's got a 'whale' of a running back I'd like to see him save also. He only wants to spend $4M on this project. Realize the money comes from different places but we could afford more from the football operations if they wanted to. Would still like to see the Colts put together a nice incentive package for him. Oh well, we will probably see Jonathan shipped out also.

I would like to sign JT as well

But.......  Every person on their option year will start demanding more $$

You mentioned Incentive package, which just might be the answer for this year

Keep his salary the same

If he hits 1500 yards, he gets $5M

If he hits 1000 yards he gets $2M

If he plays in 75% of the games he gets $2M

This would be for this year only

We then do the franchise tag for next year, then trade him for whatever we can get, and draft another RB

2nd Contracts for RBs are failing in droves

13 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Everyone screams that the billionaire owners are evil and greedy. Here’s an owner spending 20 million of his own money on a single cause that is actually decent. 

Which other owners are spending 20M on a single charitable cause? Jones? The Rooneys? Kraft? Kronke?

People trying to compare this with the Taylor situation… that is business. This isn’t business. 

Here’s an owner doing something everyone loves to say they don’t do, and should do more of and instead of acknowledging him for it they’ve somehow turned it into a punchline. 

It’s ridiculous, really. 

Absolutely agree

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 6:59 PM, Dark Superman said:

Poor thing! She deserves to live out the rest of her life in comfort conditions. The story behind Keiko the killer whale from Free Willy broke my heart when they released him into the wild after being held captive for like 25 years. His former pod was gone and he would be seen hundreds of yards away from other pods watching the other killer whales interact while he was all alone. People started to ignore him because they wanted him to adapt and be able to hunt on his own which was heartbreaking finding out they found him dead all alone in the middle of the ocean. Poor guy.

That's awful. I think they believe the mother is still alive and near that area. But she also has a dolphin buddy she can hang out with.