Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Predictions?

Boss7894

AR-15 will hide he massive errrors of Ballard construction of the OL which is in serious decline.  

Injuries will hurt the depth of this team which is really thin in spots.  get 

I think we just need to develop the young guys and get good draft picks the next few years to build the OL.  Anything we can do to offload costly talent will and should be done.  

You cannot pay JT with this roster.  Trade him for picks to a team who needs a RB who is a contender.  

11 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

The Bills made the playoffs in his second year.

Yes, Allen was better his second season. I hope Richardson will be, too. Still, the Bills ranked #22 in total offense and #23 in passing yards in Allen's second season. They were #2 in the NFL in total defense, which was the key to their 10-6 record.

On 7/23/2023 at 12:38 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

I do think this is rare territory for Colts fans (especially younger ones). Manning and Luck were good from day 1. We now have to be patient with Richardson (which is uncharted territory). It'll be interesting to see how quickly he develops, and how the fanbase handles it as a whole.

No.  Luck was good from day one.  Manning blew his first season largely, but fans were mostly patient.  You'll let us know when the time to freak out is close, I'm sure.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 2:46 PM, John Hammonds said:

My prediction is that they're gonna try, at least once, putting Blake Freeland at RT, and moving Smith inside.  At least once.

Nah.  Why would they?  You drafted Freeland to solve the problem of having no depth guy at OT.  Playing him at RT and moving Smith, who is largely a very good RT by NFL standards....  Just removes the possibility of Freeland answering that question for the team.

1 minute ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Nah.  Why would they?  You drafted Freeland to solve the problem of having no depth guy at OT.  Playing him at RT and moving Smith, who is largely a very good RT by NFL standards....  Just removes the possibility of Freeland answering that question for the team.

At some point this TC, they will definitely kick Smith inside to RG and Freeland to RT. ( But only if the feel Freeland can handle it)

21 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

It’s worth a try but I hear Freeland needs strength and of course experience. 

That's one of the puzzling things for me.  I see this one analysis on him over here, and it says he needs a lot of work.  And then I see this other analysis that says that he simply lacks positional versatility, which will drop him down the draft board, but he's going to be a great Right Tackle nearly right off the bat.  Which one is right?  And the answer is obviously:  however he turns out.  And there's no way to know that until they experiment with him and coach him.

36 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

They do indeed have a problem of no depth at OT.

They also have a problem with no quality starting RG, too.

I'm ok with their going either way with this.  Either Freeland fills that OT depth issue.  Or Smith fills that RG starter issue.  Or a combination of both.  I'm just hoping that Freeland is as good as some of the analysts say he could be.

9 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

They do indeed have a problem of no depth at OT.

They also have a problem with no quality starting RG, too.

I'm ok with their going either way with this.  Either Freeland fills that OT depth issue.  Or Smith fills that RG starter issue.  Or a combination of both.  I'm just hoping that Freeland is as good as some of the analysts say he could be.

Commanders starting guard Norwell just got releaddd. I imagine he might want to go to a contender.

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Commanders starting guard Norwell just got releaddd. I imagine he might want to go to a contender.

I understand the point that you are making:  If we want to improve the starting RG, why not go out and get a good veteran.

I think the wording of your example is a distraction, however.  Playing for the Colts this year (or even next) can hardly be described as "going to a contender".  :) 

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

I understand the point that you are making:  If we want to improve the starting RG, why not go out and get a good veteran.

I think the wording of your example is a distraction, however.  Playing for the Colts this year (or even next) can hardly be described as "going to a contender".  :) 

That’s what I meant. He probably wouldn’t come here because we are not a contender. I don’t mind being young at other spots but I think it’s important at Oline not to be so you  help your your rookie QB.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Do you think Hopkins sees the Titans as a contender? They go where the money is. Almost every single time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

That's one of the puzzling things for me.  I see this one analysis on him over here, and it says he needs a lot of work.  And then I see this other analysis that says that he simply lacks positional versatility, which will drop him down the draft board, but he's going to be a great Right Tackle nearly right off the bat.  Which one is right?  And the answer is obviously:  however he turns out.  And there's no way to know that until they experiment with him and coach him.

Well, a good time to see what they got is at the scrimmage with the Bears. They should at least try him out. If it works out that would be great we need a right guard we could move Smith there. 

• Like 1