Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I was you guys, I would have took Porter. They need defensive help. 

I would have preferred that although his father was one of the players I disliked most. Lol. I wanted Nolan Smith.

• Like 3

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Oh, it came up in his presser last night too? Yeah, AR’s presser is the one I have yet to watch. Thanks for the reminder 

Yeah, last nights post draft HC and GM presser

and in ARs presser, they asked him about playing for Reich, which AR was like Frank Reich who? Haha

and then another reporter asked him about being black and playing at QB. Like wth. But AR brushed it off and answered well. Basically ignoring the race baited question 

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Im hoping Frank isnt calling plays for Bryce.

I’m hoping he is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Yeah, last nights post draft HC and GM presser

and in ARs presser, they asked him about playing for Reich, which AR was like Frank Reich who? Haha

and then another reporter asked him about being black and playing at QB. Like wth. But AR brushed it off and answered well. Basically ignoring the race baited question 

I’m hoping he is.

Do we play Carolina this year?

1 minute ago, stitches said:

At least I took it that way. He seemed very personable and genuine in the presser. Here's the presser. 

Yeah, seems super mature too honestly. And genuinely polite/personable. As far as the person goes, seems like we got a good one.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Alec pierce and woods is going to be a monster with richardson throwing him the ball. If we added hyatt the offense we be unstoppable

I think the biggest winner on the roster from that pick is Alec Pierce... He better get ready for tons of deep balls... 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I liked your post for the first half of it. Glad the Colts did not take Levis. Very relieved. Richardson will be a boom or bust project but I have confidence in Steichen’s ability to get the best out of him. We will need patience though. I wouldn’t necessarily call Steichen a liar. They call this the lying season for a reason. Everyone is doing their best to conceal their true intentions.  

Concealing and lying are 2 different things.

I know all about lying season and it’s not in the context that you’re using it. Respected coaches and front office folks don’t lie on the record, during lying season. They have other ways to put out false information. That’s what lying season is. 

Integrity is important to me. 

I’m not impressed with Steichen, as a person. He might be a gifted football mind. But honesty is so important. Players will follow an honest coach. They won’t follow a dishonest coach. 

Drafting Richardson was a good risk. His upside is tremendous. However, don’t say that accuracy is the most import trait a quarterback can have, and then draft a quarterback with a lot of accuracy issues. 

The lie was either said to be misleading (if so then it was not necessary), or Steichen didn’t honestly answer the question. Either way, it’s a red flag, and it should concern everyone. It certainly concerns me. 

I love the Colts, but I call balls and strikes. Some people on this board don’t like that. That’s not my problem. 

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You had a shot at your draft crush, that had to kill you inside to pass on him.

For sure but I don't stay disappointed long. No good comes out of that. Now I'm trying to envision a potent offense with two good WRs. :) I love Justin Jefferson but he may not have been my pick, as I do not value WR in the draft as much, unless it is a Randy Moss or Marvin Harrison. JJ has turned out to be great!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, seems super mature too honestly. And genuinely polite/personable. As far as the person goes, seems like we got a good one.

Yeah... it was funny to me watching people trying to make him out some out of touch arrogant * with those out of context quotes... like... he would talk about how he's working towards improving his mechanics and says 'You can't muscle the ball every time" and then a few questions later he'd joke about "they better catch it" and that's the one that makes the cut... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

AR has a decent release as well - not slow like a wind up for example, something I look at in QB's but he throws some cannon balls at times lmao . I think as he gets more Reps and gets comfortable with Pittman and Pierce and Woods his ability to place the ball will be more efficient. 

We have the tall receivers for Richardson to throw too. They will definitely benefit. I'm hoping to get a solid guy as well at some point. McKenzie is only under contract for one year.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Dude, no you’ve not been right all the time. Not even close. Stop lying to yourself.

This isn't the time or place, but yeah, my unpopular takes have been more right than wrong, like Hooker, Hines, Wentz playing like an MJ wannabee, and liking the Darius Leonard pick when most here didn't even know who he was.

I'm not saying that AR will be a bust, I wouldn't know.  I'm saying the pick is a desperation pick for Ballard.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

For sure but I don't stay disappointed long. No good comes out of that. Now I'm trying to envision a potential offense with two good WRs. :) I love Justin Jefferson but he may not have been my pick, as I do not value WR in the draft as much, unless it is a Randy Moss or Marvin Harrison. JJ has turned out to be great!

Kirk could win MVP if you give him a 2nd great option Captain Kirk GIF by Star Trek

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If we didn’t go Jelani Woods and Granson in past years, I’d agree. OL has to be #1 at the top of the list.

& Andrew Ogletree.

Colts starting RG is there for the taking in Torrence or Avila. Take one of them I say!

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, stitches said:

Here's a question. If you think you have a top TE on the board available to pick... a player who can be our Goedert or Mark Andrews... does it really matter that we have Granson? Like... he's OK, but he's not a player I would allow to dictate to me whether I pick a really talented TE in a really strong TE class. My personal favorite among the TEs is Tucker Kraft out of South Dakota State(Goedert's school)

TEs take 2-3 years to flourish while an OL can get more help from his fellow linemen to play his part, and even better a quality CB can contribute faster than the above 2. When the QB is taking that 2-3 years to hit his ceiling, the support around him can be drafted to contribute faster, IMO.

4 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

However, don’t say that accuracy is the most import trait a quarterback can have, and then draft a quarterback with a lot of accuracy issues. 

That's true.

Did he really say that?  Maybe he meant that in a particular context.

Just now, krunk said:

Yeah i want to get an elite RG out of this one. Hopefully its Torrence so he can keep blocking for his college QB.

That's part of the reason I think we can get Torrence if he falls 3 picks. Morocco Brown visited Florida, so he saw both Richardson and Torrence. He may take them both and reunite them at the NFL level. 

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I would have preferred that although his father was one of the players I disliked most. Lol. I wanted Nolan Smith.

Man Philly is going all in on that DL. Talk about nasty with former Georgia players in Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith, and Jordan Davis. 

10 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Concealing and lying are 2 different things.

I know all about lying season and it’s not in the context that you’re using it. Respected coaches and front office folks don’t lie on the record, during lying season. They have other ways to put out false information. That’s what lying season is. 

Integrity is important to me. 

I’m not impressed with Steichen, as a person. He might be a gifted football mind. But honesty is so important. Players will follow an honest coach. They won’t follow a dishonest coach. 

Drafting Richardson was a good risk. His upside is tremendous. However, don’t say that accuracy is the most import trait a quarterback can have, and then draft a quarterback with a lot of accuracy issues. 

The lie was either said to be misleading (if so then it was not necessary), or Steichen didn’t honestly answer the question. Either way, it’s a red flag, and it should concern everyone. It certainly concerns me. 

I love the Colts, but I call balls and strikes. Some people on this board don’t like that. That’s not my problem. 

He can think it's the most important trait... and still think that overall, when you take everything else in addition to accuracy in consideration, he's the best prospect. That's why I don't consider this a lie or misleading... it's just ONE part... even though important of QB play. Otherwise Jake Fromm would be a superstar in the league. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

However, don’t say that accuracy is the most import trait a quarterback can have, and then draft a quarterback with a lot of accuracy issues.

Hes young and they think he can get better.  Andrew Luck and Joe burrow threw under 60% their first year starting in college too.

Luck also lead the Colts to winning records and made the pro bowl throwing under 60% a couple years.  

% is important but they didnt say its absolutely everything.  AR had a weak supporting cast and coaching too

I go back to that question he asked Manning about marketing himself.  Maybe he knew he wasn't an initial top candidate and was trying to build his brand with all the goofy pictures and comments etc.    

I did feel bad for his family sitting in the green room with him.  It happened to Aaron Rogers and he turned out pretty good.

Maybe it was just the wrong strategy with him and now he will learn.    I still think he could be a decent QB in the NFL.   

Time will tell

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

Man Philly is going all in on that DL. Talk about nasty with former Georgia players in Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith, and Jordan Davis. 

They will be great. I am a big fan of Howie Roseman. Joe Douglas is from the Philly system. He has turned around the Jets in just a few years. They have had some great draft picks recently.

How do you like the newest addition to the Colts?

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Looks like Titans almost had a deal done to move to 3 and Texans had to outbid them. After hearing Ballard say they might of traded down I have a feeling colts would not of taken Levis if titans had gotten Richardson at 3. That would of been a disaster.

I think in that case, we would have taken Anderson at 4. Funnily enough, I think we could have gotten Anderson at 4 and Levis at 35 in that hypothetical scenario.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That's true.

Did he really say that?  Maybe he meant that in a particular context.

I think 2 things. I think that they saw enough on film to be confident that he could be accurate with some tweaks on the short and intermediate throws.  And #2 this is primarily a Vertical offense based on the deep throws. Of which in that sense hes very accurate. Overall its obvious to me they think what he lacks right now can be improved quite a bit in a reasonable time frame. And of course the talent was too great to pass up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

They will be great. I am a big fan of Howie Roseman. Joe Douglas is from the Philly system. He has turned around the Jets in just a few years. They have had some great draft picks recently.

How do you like the newest addition to the Colts?

Richardson is the QB I wanted all along especially for this Steichen system where he helped make Hurts into a star. The difference is Richardson is SO much more talented than Hurts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am remembering back to earlier in the mega thread when I said I did not believe that there would be more than 3 QB's taken in the top ten.    Someone told me they guaranteed 4 would go. (wasn't Chloe)   I can't find the post and it doesn't matter who it was.   But hell I was on a roll last night and I am usually wrong   HA

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Looks like Titans almost had a deal done to move to 3 and Texans had to outbid them. After hearing Ballard say they might of traded down I have a feeling colts would not of taken Levis if titans had gotten Richardson at 3. That would of been a disaster.

What would have been a disaster? Missing out on Richardson? Drafting Levis? Drafting another player? Serious question.

• Like 1