Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts will Likely trade to 1st

AustexColt

5 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I am 5’9”, if 6’ is extremely short, what the heck does that make me!? lol

2” = 1.5” … now look at that distance between your thumb & index finger.  If that short distance makes or breaks a prospect, said prospect has no talent to speak of.

Drew Brees lived on his tip toes in the pocket.  Meaning he could barely see what was going on down field.  He was also a second round pick.  He beat the odds of being a shrimp qb.   How many successful qbs have their been 6 feet and under?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nyyankeechris said:

Hello everyone.   Back to messaging in these boards from a long hiatus.  Always reading everyone's comments tho consistently over the past many years.  I took years off from commenting because it seems like there are more and more people in here who don't value or respect other people's opinions.   But I'm willing to give this another try, because there are some very fine people in here who are quite welcoming and who don't have a "waring" soul.

But to my comment on this subject matter is simple.   We have a scared GM.  Who consistently has saved or even traded down to gather more draft picks.  AND on top of that has his reservations about this years QB class when he dosent like to draft, or is hesitant to draft them even when there is a screaming dire need.  This move to #1, or quite possibly even to #3, will NEVER happen.  

Just my professional 2 cents of an opinion. 

Welcome back, I hope you stick around. I don't entirely agree that Ballard is a scared GM, but I agree with the overall worry that Ballard doesn't seem to love this draft class' QBs and has not been keen on drafting a QB so far. I kind of agree with him on this draft though... I didn't think any of them is worth trading up to 1 for so I understand him in this particular case. 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Drew Brees lived on his tip toes in the pocket.  Meaning he could barely see what was going on down field.  He was also a second round pick.  He beat the odds of being a shrimp qb.   How many successful qbs have their been 6 feet and under?

Not many but Fran Tarkenton, Drew Brees, and Michael Vick were all exactly 6'0 tall. Russell Wilson 5'11. I am sure I am forgetting a few. All those QB's were great.

Hello everyone.   Back to messaging in these boards from a long hiatus.  Always reading everyone's comments tho consistently over the past many years.  I took years off from commenting because it seems like there are more and more people in here who don't value or respect other people's opinions.   But I'm willing to give this another try, because there are some very fine people in here who are quite welcoming and who don't have a "waring" soul.

But to my comment on this subject matter is simple.   We have a scared GM.  Who consistently has saved or even traded down to gather more draft picks.  AND on top of that has his reservations about this years QB class when he dosent like to draft, or is hesitant to draft them even when there is a screaming dire need.  This move to #1, or quite possibly even to #3, will NEVER happen.  

Just my professional 2 cents of an opinion. 

I actually remember you. I have a lot of patience but sometimes this place can annoy you no doubt. I have taken mini breaks from here lately because of what you said in your 1st paragraph, it helps. Anyway welcome back. Your name is different isn't it but I know who you are.

I think that my name is the same or relatively the same...lol. it my have been nyyankeecolts...or something.   I dunno.  But I remember you as well.  I just fell out of love with the boards....so many rude arguments...so much drama.  I was just like..."why can't we have opinions and still get along and love each other?"  Lol

22 hours ago, Boondoggle said:

I just cannot understand the fascination with Young.  He doesn't stand out to me out there, especially given that he's playing with a loaded team around him at that level.  So on top of that to have a kid as short as he is, and projecting him into the pros where he's going to have trouble seeing the field over his OL plus defenses that are far more specialized and dialed in at taking away what a QB does well...  It is a recipe for a disappointing pick, particularly when it's a very high pick.

By the way the best player on that offense was Gibbs.  But of course right now the media seem to think the Texas kid is the best RB option in the draft.  This is another area where the experts will need to restack their boards.  QB is the same and we are in the middle of that adjustment right now.

I will say I love Young's personality.  But unfortunately I do not love his tape and for myself that is the metric that matters.

Well, his passing numbers were much better than Peyton Manning's were in college. They say no one works harder than Bryce Young to prepare for games. The only negative you can say about him is that he's small but even that can be overcome I mean Drew Brees was small and he's going to be a Hall of Famer. But everyone has a favorite they want to entertain them on Sundays for this team. But it doesn't matter because Carolina will take Bryce Young number 1. 

2 hours ago, rockywoj said:

One might say “scared”, while another might say prudent.  When Ballard moved down from 3 to 6 a few drafts ago, that WAS a bold move!  Trading back is not necessarily “scared”.

Trading a mid level number 1 for a young all-pro DT, a position of need, that is a BOLD move, not a scared move.

And if not being enamoured with a QB class results in not drastically over-paying to move from 4 to 1 in the draft pecking order, then I call that prudence, not being scared.

None of the above being disrespectful, but rather, simple counter-points.

As for this entire thread topic, it’s now moot, as VikingFan alluded.  

It's going to be interesting how this QB draft class turns out, and if Ballard is prudent or being hesitant and overly cautious. 

Ballard didn't have to go all in this year, but sometime soon he has to solve the problem and vacancy at QB for Colts, and that's his Job. 

Let's see, how each team has analyzed these QBs, and where and who Colts get, and how it all pans out for everyone. 

I think that my name is the same or relatively the same...lol. it my have been nyyankeecolts...or something.   I dunno.  But I remember you as well.  I just fell out of love with the boards....so many rude arguments...so much drama.  I was just like..."why can't we have opinions and still get along and love each other?"  Lol

As you're back, are you interested in being GM for a team in the Mock draft (that goes on for few days or a couple of weeks with flexibility to send draft choices even if you can't be online all the time), that starts after free agency period in this forum? We're Hiring! 

4 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Well, his passing numbers were much better than Peyton Manning's were in college. They say no one works harder than Bryce Young to prepare for games. The only negative you can say about him is that he's small but even that can be overcome I mean Drew Brees was small and he's going to be a Hall of Famer. But everyone has a favorite they want to entertain them on Sundays for this team. But it doesn't matter because Carolina will take Bryce Young number 1. 

How many Alabama QBs have dominated in the NFL.  Over the years they've had quite a few and typically they're flawed for the NFL level but bouyed by dominant talent around them.

Young is the same.

19 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

How many Alabama QBs have dominated in the NFL.  Over the years they've had quite a few and typically they're flawed for the NFL level but bouyed by dominant talent around them.

Young is the same.

Just now, superrep1967 said:
20 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

Young is the same.

I don’t go by the jersey.

On 3/12/2023 at 9:27 AM, nyyankeechris said:

I was just like..."why can't we have opinions and still get along and love each other?"  Lol

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be allowed in the age of social media.  Hope you haven't re-homed a puppy recently.

Archived