Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He wants a long contract. That is what it is.

Something like 8 years $360 million contract (Mahomes average) with $240 million guaranteed over 8 years (higher than Watson's $230 million guaranteed).

Yeah, my mind went to guaranteed per year for some reason, but I guess he means as a whole. I wouldn't give him a contract that long though, considering his playstyle.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Something like 8 years $360 million contract (Mahomes average) with $240 million guaranteed over 8 years (higher than Watson's $230 million guaranteed).

Yeah.  The exclusive tag is $42m.  So the numbers are reasonable and in line.

51 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I think the writings on the wall.

Richardson is working out with Minshew.  Now the Colts executive scout goes to see him when for other QB's it was just the area scout.

I think Richardson will be the pick unless Frank drafts him first.

happy star wars GIF

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Everything we know about him says he is obsessed with football. I get Colin’s point about what you put on social media. But interviews and research into him will show how much he loves football. We are just in a different world with SM.

Yes.  He does love football.  He puts in the time.  That’s what Shane is looking for in a quarterback.  That’s what really matters.

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Interesting here. Wonder who the two teams Colin is talking about who didn’t like this about Levis. Had to be teams in top five or six.

Push back on Colin to get that ripped he had to be working out.

I think this it what a lot of us feel about him.  I know I do.    Thoughts @BlueShoe ?

3 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I think this it what a lot of us feel about him.  I know I do.    Thoughts @BlueShoe ?

I like Cowherd as one of my fave talking heads, but there are some things that he says that sound worse in tone than content and kind of leave loose ends.

1.  He talks about fluidity and not being  musclebound,,,PM, Brady, Big ben etc.  But nobody is really questioning Levis' ability to throw the ball.  He's not perfectly accurate, but he's pretty good.  Are their concerns with how he throws as a major problem?

2.  He talks about Stroud saying the right things in personal meetings with teams...then compares that to Levis' internet pic.  As if Levis is relying on the pic to communicate with teams and isn't also meeting with them.  Colin, since you brought up Stroud's personal meetings as a benchmark, how did Levis' personal meetings go?

3.  Colin made a big deal about the people...GMs...etc, he talked to "And they all said that they don't like..."this stuff".  They don't like the prospects posting pics of their mass on SM.  Duh.   But what impact does "this stuff" have on their willingness to draft him?  Colin did not say that Levis is off their board.

It just seems like one of those things to talk about, and citing sources, that in the end falls flat about say anything you think it might be saying. 

31 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I hadn’t seen this yet. Thanks for sharing. 

The great thing about the draft process… We’ll find out who a player is. Looks the cat is getting out of the bag. 

Word is getting around. People are seeing this for what it is. 

10 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I hadn’t seen this yet. Thanks for sharing. 

The great thing about the draft process… We’ll find out who a player is. Looks the cat is getting out of the bag. 

By the way, Colin isn’t the only one hearing things about Levis. I’ll just leave it at that. Word is getting around. People are seeing this for what it is. 

Lol.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Interesting here. Wonder who the two teams Colin is talking about who didn’t like this about Levis. Had to be teams in top five or six.

Push back on Colin to get that ripped he had to be working out.

dumb and dumber GIF

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

Ballard will sit there and think about it for days while another team will trade up to 3 and get Stroud,Young or Richardson. The Colts will be stuck with muscle head Levis or trade back and hope they somehow get Hooker.

muscle head sounds like a villain from power rangers

3 minutes ago, ColtsUrUs said:

Most NE Ex-Players don't care for Bill anyway. They know the organization and there wicked ways. I hope NE loses forever. Forget them and those deflated balls. 

Since Tom Brady has left the Pats in 2020, Frank Reich has a better coaching record than BB does over the last 3 seasons.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

That description sounds like a baseball pitcher you just drafted that has all of the potential in the world....

......that you have start-off in the the Minor Leagues until he learns what he needs to learn. 

There is no minor leagues in the NFL, so it'll be interesting to see if a team invests a lot of money and roster spot to have him sit on the bench watching the vets play.

He doesnt have to be a complete QB to play.

He just has to be effective. 

And thats far more avout what he can do than what he can't do.

All Mariano Rivera ever had to have was his cutter. 

Levi's isn't necessarily the top of my list. But Colin Cowerd asked to name another QB that was jacked. I've seen some Luck pics where dude was pretty ripped, maybe not quite to the Levi's level (and not taking bathroom selfies), but definitely if they stood next to each other when Luck was at his biggest I bet they would be close.

1 minute ago, Goatface Killah said:

He doesnt have to be a complete QB to play.

He just has to be effective. 

And thats far more avout what he can do than what he can't do.

Just like a a fast runner can't out run a thrown baseball, (a good throw is always superior to athleticism)......the best way to get the ball 20 yards down field is to throw it rather than carry it.   

Running is a good extra thing to have, but your players have to be able to throw it to the right base and hit the base for your team to win.

2 hours ago, Superman said:

So he'll take seven years, $330m, as long as the team guarantees at least $231m of it. 

Now THAT'S a bargain... LOL

He’s a tool. Honestly, I sincerely hope all 32 teams look at him and tell him to take a hike. He’s crazy

Just now, DougDew said:

Just like a a fast runner can't out run a thrown baseball, (a good throw is always superior to athleticism)......the best way to get the ball 20 yards down field is to throw it rather than carry it.   

Running is a good extra thing to have, but your players have to be able to throw it to the right base and hit the base for your team to win.

He can throw the deep ball exceptionally well.

8 minutes ago, esmort said:

Levi's isn't necessarily the top of my list. But Colin Cowerd asked to name another QB that was jacked. I've seen some Luck pics where dude was pretty ripped, maybe not quite to the Levi's level (and not taking bathroom selfies), but definitely if they stood next to each other when Luck was at his biggest I bet they would be close.

So here we are praising QBs for their athleticism.......want to use their bodies more......, then bag on one that show how he's improving his ability to take punishment. 

At least he ain't lazy about his preparation for using his body.

4 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

He can throw the deep ball exceptionally well.

He'd make a great right fielder making those spectacular outs twice a game, but make a lot of errors as a shortstop on the routine grounders..

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

He’s not in the same talent level as those two though. I wouldn’t even put him in the one below them. Maybe 3rd tier

1 minute ago, Goatface Killah said:

I dont think hes crazy.

How is Watson worth more than him?

He doesnt have an MVP award and has missed more games.

Watson hasn’t missed any games since he took over his rookie season, suspension and sitting out not counting.

and for the record, I don’t think Watson is worth what he got either. But he is the better, more durable player than Lamar. 

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So here we are praising QBs for their athleticism.......want to use their bodies more......, then bag on one that helps his body take punishment. 

At least he ain't lazy about his preparation for using his body.

He'd make a great right fielder, but an awful shortstop.

I dont think baseball analogies translate well to football. They couldnt be more different games. 

Anthony Richardson wouldnt work well in a traditional offense. Everyone knows that. Hes not gonna pick defenses apart like Brady. 

If you draft him, you are gonna run a very similar system to what the Eagles ran last year with Hurts. Ir what the Ravens do with Jackson.

I think Richardson could be successful in a system like that because he has the size and physicality to thrive in it. 

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Watson hasn’t missed any games since he took over his rookie season, suspension and sitting out not counting.

and for the record, I don’t think Watson is worth what he got either. But he is the better, more durable player than Lamar. 

But that suspension and off the field issues do count. And it is more alarming than a knee sprain.

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Watson missed 10 games his rookie season due to a torn ACL, and how does suspension not count? He did that to himself. Lamar has won an MVP and has a better record as a starter. You are way off on this one. I will give you this, when you hate a player, it shows. See Andrew Luck.

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Why? So we can pay him 50 million a year fully guaranteed to ride the bench when he gets hurt by mid season… like he has the last two?!

Because I think he’s a better player.  Worth mentioning Watson has missed the last year and half if you want to look at games missed. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watson missed 10 games his rookie season due to a torn ACL, and how does suspension not count? He did that to himself. Lamar has won an MVP and has a better record as a starter. You are way off on this one. I will give you this, when you hate a player, it shows. See Andrew Luck.

Exactly if the argument is I don’t want him because he couldn’t play you can’t over look him being suspended.  Not to mention I personal have a moral issue with Watson that I don’t with Jackson.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't call being concerned about Jackson's injuries and the Colts using their draft capital up as hatred.  Plus a huge contract on top of the other issues. 

5 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

If you draft him, you are gonna run a very similar system to what the Eagles ran last year with Hurts. Ir what the Ravens do with Jackson.

I agree he would need a special offense.

But don't look at Hurts as some sort of cog that makes Philly work by himself.  Hurts was a second round investment, and he was a near bust at that until he was surrounded by pick 8 Donta Smith and (traded for ) pick 17 AJ Brown.  

And Hurts is a good short passer and decision maker...not the arm for the long game.  So he's also the opposite skill set wise as AR.

10 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

I dont think baseball analogies translate well to football. They couldnt be more different games. 

Anthony Richardson wouldnt work well in a traditional offense. Everyone knows that. Hes not gonna pick defenses apart like Brady. 

I think Richardson could be successful in a system like that because he has the size and physicality to thrive in it. 

But that suspension and off the field issues do count. And it is more alarming than a knee sprain.

For the record, I think he should have been banned for life for sexual assault. 

but in terms of durability, no those games do not count. 

Archived