Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 15: Colts @ Vikings, Sat, Dec. 17, 2022, 1:00PM ET

NFLfan

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There are many Owner/GM/HC models. 

Pretty obvious this has been a cooperative.. And pretty obvious Franks have fingerprints on QBs. And Irsay's on last year. 

Yah I agree. Meaning Ballard has been a part of the decision. Ballard supporters like to act like Frank is picking the QB himself every season. If Ballard is still here and he trades a kings ransom to move from the mid teens up for a QB, IMO it would be pretty obvious that Irsay forced his hand. Not a collective decision. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Yah I agree. Meaning Ballard has been a part of the decision. Ballard supporters like to act like Frank is picking the QB himself every season. If Ballard is still here and he trades a kings ransom to move from the mid teens up for a QB, IMO it would be pretty obvious that Irsay forced his hand. Not a collective decision. 

Who cares who makes the final decision as long as we get our future qb.

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

Pretty sure both Irsay and Ballard tried to support Frank, and get him what he wants. And Irsay signed off every time (for QBs). 

So IMO, the Rivers and Wentz were Frank pushes, and Irsay likely pushed for Ryan (after pushed Wentz out).

All have onus. But I don't fault Ballard at all for QBs. For all we know, Ballard wanted draft a QB the last several years. We just don't know...  

• Like 1