Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Boomer Esiason insults Jim Irsay

Dr. T

In order to (I guess) defend the indefensible Dan Snyder, Boomer Esiason goes on the radio and called Jim Irsay "Mr. DWI" as if our owner's PAST substance abuse problems should negate his VERY SOBER present stance on the Commander's owner. Irsay only said what all of the other owners were too cowardly to say (but agree with). I guess Boomer thinks he has the right to judge someone else on past mistakes, as if he had never made any himself. I believe that if you're in recovery, you should be supported, but instead Boomer wants to hurl insults, instead of celebrating someone for getting sober. What a jerk, but I'm not surprised.

7 minutes ago, Nickster said:

He who lives in glass house should not throw stones. 

That simple.  Shut up Jim.  You like the rest of us really when it comes down to it, have no standing to be a morality policeman.

Shut up Jim.  Just shut up.  Vote your conscience and let the process take care of itself.  Your mugshot should eliminate your from making moral judgements in public about colleagues. 

Shut up Jim. 

I'm all for recovery, but a grownsed adz man who looks like that after driving a motor vehicle, should pretty much be humble and keep his judgements private. 

Agree to an extent but I also think he’s the perfect one to speak out. All his skeletons are out of the closet unlike other owners who probably have stuff they definitely don’t want out there

1 minute ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Actually I agree with him.  Irsay should have lost the team over his behavior.  I do not like Snyder but Irsay has little room to talk.

I don’t particularly like Irsay but you cant deny he is passionate about this team and that he has made strides to get clean and speak about mental health. Snyder has destroyed Washington and has had no accountability for his disgusting actions. 

Ok, Jim Irsay had some inner demons and a DUI. He owned it and paid his price. Robert Mathis even had a DWI while with the Colts, right? Not justifying it but they got through it. People make fun of Jim for it still, cool.

Dan Snyder is a creepy piece of crap. I don’t mind Jim Irsay speaking about it because nobody else would. Snyder video taped topless cheerleaders and made a marketing video with it. Wow. He’s put his hands on girls without their consent and more. Dude is a creep and I’m sure he makes a lot of women feel uncomfortable around him. I dunno man, why isn’t anyone else opening their mouth about that?? 

43 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Actually I agree with him.  Irsay should have lost the team over his behavior.  I do not like Snyder but Irsay has little room to talk.

I can’t disagree with your point even though I really like Irsay .   He could of killed someone driving around in that condition 

I live in a world where there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that boomer esiason could say on Tuesday daytime TV that would ever have any effect on anything. 

In fact, unless he is on fire and asking me to call the fire department I am probably not going to stop my train of thought to bother with him at all…

What a wonderful world. 

Ill Get Over It Season 7 GIF by The Office

Jim Irsay made mistakes and the world now has a "Kicking The Stigma" Colts initiative aimed at normalizing mental health challenges and helping people find the support they need because of it. Many people self-medicate to deal with problems (like Irsay) but very few turn their inner challenges into something that benefits the state/community/world like Irsay is doing.

Dan Snyder appears to be a bad human being.

Jim Irsay appears to be a good person that's battled demons. 
Not even remotely the same if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, Dr. T said:

In order to (I guess) defend the indefensible Dan Snyder, Boomer Esiason goes on the radio and called Jim Irsay "Mr. DWI" as if our owner's PAST substance abuse problems should negate his VERY SOBER present stance on the Commander's owner. Irsay only said what all of the other owners were too cowardly to say (but agree with). I guess Boomer thinks he has the right to judge someone else on past mistakes, as if he had never made any himself. I believe that if you're in recovery, you should be supported, but instead Boomer wants to hurl insults, instead of celebrating someone for getting sober. What a jerk, but I'm not surprised.

Let's be real. Snyder is disgusting. However to simply say that Irsay got sober and all is forgiven is not being sincere. I have dealt with addicts all my life . The depths they will go to get a fix and the things they have done to people is unreal. We have no idea what Irsay has done while he was spiraling down hill because of his addiction. I doubt his closet is very clean.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Let's be real. Snyder is disgusting. However to simply say that Irsay got sober and all is forgiven is not being sincere. I have dealt with addicts all my life . The depths they will go to get a fix and the things they have done to people is unreal. We have no idea what Irsay has done while he was spiraling down hill because of his addiction. I doubt his closet is very clean.

Did I say "all is forgiven?" No I did not. I said that he should be allowed to speak his mind, without being insulted due to something unrelated to the subject of Dan Snyder. 

Jim Irsay has battled his demons and has struggled in the past. However, he has kicked his addictions, and has battled back from the brink. For someone to still belittle Mr Irsay is beyond despicable. What skeletons does Boomer have hiding in his closet? Maybe someone should investigate Boomer.

Just now, Rhodelesstraveled said:

By the way Irsay walks now I'd say he is paying for his past behaviors now.  

Mr Irsay walks like someone with chronic back pain. As someone who deals with the same thing, and I also use a walker, chronic back pain is no fun. We shouldn't be making fun of the way Jim walks.

57 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

So you're saying that if you are a recovered substance abuser, you are no longer allowed to have an opinion or voice an opinion? Is that correct? Does't sound right to me ...

Not at all what I am saying.  It's a free country and you can say what you want and have any opinion you want.  Can doesn't mean should.

I personally feel like there are few instances when colleagues should make morality judgements about one another in public. 

I don't care that the dude is a recovered addict either.  That's great.  But when you are 50 something and don't have better self control than to indulge your addiction and then drive, you lose credibility as a morality cop IMO.  

I think he continues to make himself look foolish.  

And BTW, I'm 50 and uhh party on occasion.  Very pro self-medication. I just don't drive or go around at my place of employment making public statements about my colleagues.  

• Nadine locked this topic

Archived