Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sargent, no, Lieutenant Samuel Ehlinger

Archer

Dearest Mother, 

I have received a most unexpected field promotion from General Reich.  After Colonel Ryan maintained his command despite a rifle shot to the shoulder, I have received command of the unit.  Oddly, Colonel Ryan’s injury was not noted by any soldier in the army prior to the unit’s most opprobrious defeat near Shiloh.  Whilest a popular commander amongst the troops, Colonel Ryan has faltered at key moments of the battle, and General Reich appears disposed towards allowing him extended time to convalesce.  

Nevertheless, the rest of the unit appears excited, given the success I experienced leading training maneuvers before the beginning of campaigning season.  Please pray for my first command action in a week’s time against the army of the Potomac.  While Capt. Wentz, of whom our unit is well acquainted, is not currently bivouacking with the opposing force, his unit has experienced more success than expected this campaigning season.  Please pray that my sidearm fires true and my tactics prove fruitful.  If God wills it, we shall once again experience victory.

Your Most Faithful Son,

Samuel

18 minutes ago, Archer said:

Dearest Mother, 

I have received a most unexpected field promotion from General Reich.  After Colonel Ryan maintained his command despite a rifle shot to the shoulder, I have received command of the unit.  Oddly, Colonel Ryan’s injury was not noted by any soldier in the army prior to the unit’s most opprobrious defeat near Shiloh.  Whilest a popular commander amongst the troops, Colonel Ryan has faltered at key moments of the battle, and General Reich appears disposed towards allowing him extended time to convalesce.  

Nevertheless, the rest of the unit appears excited, given the success I experienced leading training maneuvers before the beginning of campaigning season.  Please pray for my first command action in a week’s time against the army of the Potomac.  While Capt. Wentz, of whom our unit is well acquainted, is not currently bivouacking with the opposing force, his unit has experienced more success than expected this campaigning season.  Please pray that my sidearm fires true and my tactics prove fruitful.  If God wills it, we shall once again experience victory.

Your Most Faithful Son,

Samuel

was not franks idea was irsay himself..but yes i wish nothing but the best for Sam!!!

Dearest Loyal Fiancée,

I must confess that I have penned to a letter to Dearest Mother Jena, and I beg the Lord's forgiveness for my lack of truthfulness. Please prayer for me, my Dearest Fiancée. The times are chaotic, and morale is low among the soldiers. I long for happiness, reality, my family, and my home in the great Lone Star state. I just pray for strength.  

Since the Great Mutiny of the Year of our Lord 2012 in the Great State of Corn, hope has grown dim. Life was bearable until the Year of our Lord 2019, but then our Captain walked out of camp a week before the battle. Since then, we have had more Captains than customers at Big Nose Kate's place. Our last two Captains have been wounded and sacked by friendly fire. Pray that I'm not the latest casualty. 

There are also rumors among the men, that I won't be allowed to refer the men to "men" or "soldiers" in the future. Instead, they will be referred to "mountain climbing people", or "wood chopping persons". The men are losing patience, and have openly questioned the General's war plans. The honorable Private Nelson was the first last year. Now Private Pittman has disclosed to the paper writers, that he believes we must attack deeper in enemy territory. I'm not sure that General Reich or Colonel Strausser are listening. 

Till next week. I must embark for sensitivity training now. 

Sending my love, 

Samuel George 

PS. I assure you my dearest Fiancée, I have never been to Big Nose Kate's place, just heard about it from the soldiers.  

7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Samuel George 

PS. I assure you my dearest Fiancée, I have never been to Big Nose Kate's place, just heard about it from the soldiers.  

I’ve been to Kate’s place in Tombstone.  Pretty sure I saw you there….

17 hours ago, Archer said:

Dearest Mother, 

Your Most Faithful Son,

Samuel

Let's let this schtick die already.

Archived