Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay says merit to remove Snyder

GoColts8818

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not saying Snyder shouldn't go, but this another example of talking out of place.... 

"It's premature for anybody to make any comments," he said. "We need to follow the process." - Jimmy Haslam... 

I’m sure he’s speaking for many other owners as well, just like Al Michaels said the other night. You don’t know what they know. Jim serves the NFL and isn’t afraid to speak his mind.

2 minutes ago, open window said:

I’m sure he’s speaking for many other owners as well, just like Al Michaels said the other night. You don’t know what they know. Jim serves the NFL and isn’t afraid to speak his mind.

He likes attention. He's speaking for himself. 

Other owners have mouths. They speak for themselves. 

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

if the allegations are true 100 percent dan needs to go and jim irsay is right .   the only problem i have is i believe in innocent until proven guilty its the foundation of our country .  it seems out of place before the investigation is over to make comments like this . 

That’s a court of law.  This is not a court of law.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s a court of law.  This is not a court of law.

i still believe the same should apply to this .    even if its not criminally we should wait for the investigation to conclude before making remarks .     jim should of just waited until the investigation is over and if every thing turns out to be true then jim should comment

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

i still believe the same should apply to this .    even if its not criminally we should wait for the investigation to conclude before making remarks .     jim should of just waited until the investigation is over and if every thing turns out to be true then jim should comment

You can think that and live that if you wish but it doesn’t exist when it comes to peoples opinions.  

7 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Agreed. Fans and social media will always argue. But owners are traditionally conservative in terms of what they say about each other. Did anyone voice concerns about Kraft, or others. Nope. And those that want Snyder gone, normally would normally hold tongues until it's done. 

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I think you should consider that Goodell and other owners may have asked Irsay to make his comments. 

Why?   Because Irsay’s personal baggage is already public.   He can’t be embarrassed or hurt.   Makes him bullet-proof to Snyder and his smear staff.  Goodell said he was not surprised by Irsay’s comment.   I think Irsay was asked.  I hope he earned points with his fellow owners. 

This is just my read.   I could be wrong, but I hope I’m right because it would be good for Irsay.  

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think you should consider that Goodell and other owners may have asked Irsay to make his comments. 

Why?   Because Irsay’s personal baggage is already public.   He can’t be embarrassed or hurt.   Makes him bullet-proof to Snyder and his smear staff.  Goodell said he was not surprised by Irsay’s comment.   I think Irsay was asked.  I hope he earned points with his fellow owners. 

This is just my read.   I could be wrong, but I hope I’m right because it would be good for Irsay.  

not my read...

Goodell said... "not a very positive thing to do"... 

You don’t need an internal investigation to conclude that since Snyder bought them, the Redskins have been an unmitigated disaster of a franchise. Add on top of that the pretty widely accepted reports of workplace abuse, and I’m glad Irsay put some public pressure on. Washington and their fans deserve better.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Not saying Snyder shouldn't go, but this another example of talking out of place.... 

"It's premature for anybody to make any comments," he said. "We need to follow the process." - Jimmy Haslam... 

Isn’t a bit ironic though, that the owner who just gave Watson all that guaranteed money with his “troubles” & was mentioned in the ESPN report as someone the league is frustrated with, is the one saying they should wait & follow the process?

I mean, it’s pretty damning stuff against the NFL & Jim has as much right as anyone to protect his interest.

And isn’t the fact that owners and executives speaking, when they normally don’t, also a key indicator here?

4 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Isn’t a bit ironic though, that the owner who just gave Watson all that guaranteed money with his “troubles” & was mentioned in the ESPN report as someone the league is frustrated with, is the one saying they should wait & follow the process?

I mean, it’s pretty damning stuff against the NFL & Jim has as much right as anyone to protect his interest.

And isn’t the fact that owners and executives speaking, when they normally don’t, also a key indicator here?

Agreed. Also, I know this is like hoping for Hell to freeze over, but Irsay making comments like this makes me hopeful for the NFL moving towards players and owners actually being held accountable for their actions. A crazy idea, I know, but at least Irsay is helping to push it.

5 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Never liked Haslam. But he had one of the better rosters (health) this year, aside the QB situation. But he went 100% risky there lol. 

Owners are normally a quiet group.

And Kraft and Jones are cussing at each other too lol... Not on Snyder issue, but on re-upping Goodell. 

6 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Agreed. Also, I know this is like hoping for Hell to freeze over, but Irsay making comments like this makes me hopeful for the NFL moving towards players and owners actually being held accountable for their actions. A crazy idea, I know, but at least Irsay is helping to push it.

It would be nice, but it won’t happen.

I’m not going to pretend like I’m plugged in and following this very close….but the one thing I do think is true is that there probably are serious concerns that Snyder probably does have dirt on others, and that risk is currently being weighed.

I have no problem at all with what Irsay said. It is a proven fact that snyder has treated women and minorities like garbage. Almost every one of that fanbase wants snyder gone. Snyder started it by saying he has investigators digging up dirt on other owners. What dirt are you going to dig up on irsay? We already know he had a pill addiction and was arrested. Thousands of people have had addictions and been arrested. Irsay is a saint compared to snyder who is a proven bad human being. 

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Never liked Haslam. But he had one of the better rosters (health) this year, aside the QB situation. But he went 100% risky there lol. 

Owners are normally a quiet group.

And Kraft and Jones are cussing at each other too lol... Not on Snyder issue, but on re-upping Goodell. 

I agree with you, for the most part. I agree that is how they have been historically.

I think the NFL is starting to feel some pressure with all of the social/political issues: from Peterson to Ray Rice

& Watson as well Colin Kaepernick and the National Anthem, etc. the NFL is starting to fear for the future of league & owners are starting to have concern about their future profits…

Before anyone replies to this trying to discuss any of the political/social stuff…I’m not interested. I am just saying there are only 2 outcomes…the fans are going to decide these “issues” aren’t that big of a deal and continue paying to watch the games…or the NFL & owners will decide that they need to make some changes to the way business has “allegedly” been done in the past.

I don’t think the NFL is currently in jeopardy of going under…but it does seem like more & more “dirt” is surfacing each year & frankly most of the punishments don’t amount to squat.
The “We won’t let you play for 6 games because we strongly condemn what you did, but we’ll give you the largest fully guaranteed contract to help ease the burden” statements from the NFL & the owners of the teams, is starting to get stale now like 15 years later.

I know I’m finding myself less & less interested in the NFL & the Colts. 

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Interesting.   Thanks. 

That Goodell quote was not in the story I read.    Good catch.   

Goodell is normally a fan of the unwritten law... Kept quiet until when it's done... And he doesn't like owner vs owner tiffs in public. I found it funny with Kraft vs Jones thing breaking. 

11 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I agree with you, for the most part. I agree that is how they have been historically.

I think the NFL is starting to feel some pressure with all of the social/political issues: from Peterson to Ray Rice

& Watson as well Colin Kaepernick and the National Anthem, etc. the NFL is starting to fear for the future of league & owners are starting to have concern about their future profits…

Before anyone replies to this trying to discuss any of the political/social stuff…I’m not interested. I am just saying there are only 2 outcomes…the fans are going to decide these “issues” aren’t that big of a deal and continue paying to watch the games…or the NFL & owners will decide that they need to make some changes to the way business has “allegedly” been done in the past.

I don’t think the NFL is currently in jeopardy of going under…but it does seem like more & more “dirt” is surfacing each year & frankly most of the punishments don’t amount to squat.
The “We won’t let you play for 6 games because we strongly condemn what you did, but we’ll give you the largest fully guaranteed contract to help ease the burden” statements from the NFL & the owners of the teams, is starting to get stale now like 15 years later.

I know I’m finding myself less & less interested in the NFL & the Colts. 

I agree any misdeeds need to met with punishment. And consistently. I found it hilarious that they trashed a arbitrator decision. Hypocrisy was on display given historical inconsistency. 

Hopefully punishments will be consistently, and fitting in the future. But most fans were clear that they wanted football, and don't want politics in their sports. They took a hit in ratings because of it. Just more sports, less drama. 

Never likee Snyder, and he'll likely be gone. But I'm sure Goodell (and most owners) wants a quick decision with the least drama and noise as possible. A long and loud public drama.... not good for the NFL/owners. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

i think Snyder struck a nerve with Irsay when the story came out about Snyder having dirt on the other Owners and Irsay is more or less saying you aren’t going to blackmail me into supporting you.  

I also think other owners wanted irsay to say what they are thinking because there is no dirt on Irsay at this point.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I agree any misdeeds need to met with punishment. And consistently. I found it hilarious that they trashed a arbitrator decision. Hypocrisy was on display given historical inconsistency. 

Hopefully punishments will be consistently, and fitting in the future. But most fans were clear that they wanted football, and don't want politics in their sports. They took a hit in ratings because of it. Just more sports, less drama. 

Never likee Snyder, and he'll likely be gone. But I'm sure Goodell (and most owners) wants a quick decision with the least drama and noise as possible. A long and loud public drama.... not good for the NFL/owners. 

Yes, the hypocrisy is full stage. Like I said, we really aren’t that far apart on this, I don’t think.

I just tend to feel Irsay’s comments, this time, probably wasn’t as much of Jim being Jim when talking about the future of the Colts- or a certain QB (by the way if anyone thought Irsay’s comments on Wentz were cruel…you should read some of the stuff said about him in the ESPN article, that dude can’t catch a break).

I don’t think he would speak on this, to the level he did, if he didn’t have the support or backing of other owners.

But I may very well be wrong.

32 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Goodell is normally a fan of the unwritten law... Kept quiet until when it's done... And he doesn't like owner vs owner tiffs in public. I found it funny with Kraft vs Jones thing breaking. 

Yeah….  The Kraft-Jones story was really weird.   “Don’t F*** with me!”    Jerry, you lost 31-1 on that.   What kind of threat can you make to Kraft?    Geez, a bad look for him.   

As for Irsay, I was hoping Goodell and the other owners asked Irsay to do what he did.   I hoped he would earn big points for stepping up.   Irsay’s dirty laundry is already public.   Snyder couldn’t hurt him.   I was hoping that was the NFL firing a shot  at Snyder.   

Probably not.   Not with this new quote you showed me.   I’d like Irsay to be on the right side of one of these controversy’s one day and earn some points with his fellow owners.   Oh well. 

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

Me waiting to see what dirt Snyder has lol 

11 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Yes, the hypocrisy is full stage. Like I said, we really aren’t that far apart on this, I don’t think.

I just tend to feel Irsay’s comments, this time, probably wasn’t as much of Jim being Jim when talking about the future of the Colts- or a certain QB (by the way if anyone thought Irsay’s comments on Wentz were cruel…you should read some of the stuff said about him in the ESPN article, that dude can’t catch a break).

I don’t think he would speak on this, to the level he did, if he didn’t have the support or backing of other owners.

But I may very well be wrong.

I doubt Ballard and Reich appreciated the comments on Wentz. It's a unwritten law to not to throw players under the bus in public.

Likely an unwritten law for owners vs owners stuff too. 

And given Goodell's comments on Irsay's public comments, I'd guess it is just Irsay. 

IMO, more fix-the-team (Indy), less tweets/comments. The process will likely take care of Snyder. 

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah….  The Kraft-Jones story was really weird.   “Don’t F*** with me!”    Jerry, you lost 31-1 on that.   What kind of threat can you make to Kraft?    Geez, a bad look for him.   

As for Irsay, I was hoping Goodell and the other owners asked Irsay to do what he did.   I hoped he would earn big points for stepping up.   Irsay’s dirty laundry is already public.   Snyder couldn’t hurt him.   I was hoping that was the NFL firing a shot  at Snyder.   

Probably not.   Not with this new quote you showed me.   I’d like Irsay to be on the right side of one of these controversy’s one day and earn some points with his fellow owners.   Oh well. 

I'm sure owners go after one each other before locked doors.... I'm sure the "sources" won't find many fans amongst owners going forward. While Jerry got outvoted, no owner wants leaks. 

Goodell/owners shouldn't need Irsay. Sounds pretty weak to me to be honest. But like said, Goodell and owners prefer silence (in the public). And really why does anyone need help against Snyder. He looks already looks horrible. If they vote him out, not many will complain. This is not like the mid terms in a tight race. Snyder already looks terrible. Just no reason to stir mud. 

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No but people know what kind of person snyder is. Even the guy hosting the show has no problem with what Irsay said. He is paid to do a talk show and is in the media. 

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Snyder started it. He threatened to dig up dirt on all the owners. Game on at that point.

Most already don't like Snyder. So nothing surprising. 

Callers just want dirt and drama... 

Archived