Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Fan/1075 has an issue with Leonard's comments

EastStreet

1075 (JMV and Chappell) said they can’t believe the Colts aren’t putting a greater emphasis on this divisional game, and the fanbase reaction if the Colts lose in Jacksonville, dropping them to 0-1-1 on the season.

Leonard's comment

“In my mind, it’s just another game. All you hear is about Jacksonville last year. It’s like talking about your ex-girlfriend when you’re with somebody new. You gotta learn from your ex, make your life better, and just continue to get better from there. We’re not focusing on that. We’re just stacking the days up and want to continue to get better in practice, then hit the game ready to rock and roll and hopefully come back here with a dub.”

Player's feel this way?

Or is Leonard saying "team speak" (repeating what Reich preaches)?

https://www.1075thefan.com/featured/ride-w-jmv/shaquille-leonards-comments-about-the-jaguars-should-concern-colts-fans/

071cdfcf66ab415e83386663eb0d44d0.gif

And Mike proceeded to whack two enemies... 

Everything he said is correct. Every damn game in the NFL should be the most important one. Sure, the divisional game holds slightly more weight in terms of record at the end of the year, but as a player you better be giving it your all every single week if you want your team to go anywhere in the NFL.

13 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Everything he said is correct. Every damn game in the NFL should be the most important one. Sure, the divisional game holds slightly more weight in terms of record at the end of the year, but as a player you better be giving it your all every single week if you want your team to go anywhere in the NFL.

Maybe Tootie goes for a speech... 

giphy.gif

I don't see anything wrong with this comment. If he was asked, " you guys stomped the Bills last year, are you thinking about that and how it might effect this game?"

He would answer the same way, "new team, new year, we need to approach this game like we do every game"

Also, doesn't 1075 the fan frequently say dumb things? Seems like they're bored, and just looking for some garbage to take issue with. 

@EastStreet

Im sure everyone knows the improtance of divisonal games in the NFL, they are all college educated people who are aware. I'm sure they know what's on the line. I suppose if leonard started quivering when they said Jax away game, you'd be satisfied. 

@Bravo

5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I don't see anything wrong with this comment. If he was asked, " you guys stomped the Bills last year, are you thinking about that and how it might effect this game?"

He would answer the same way, "new team, new year, we need to approach this game like we do every game"

Also, doesn't 1075 the fan frequently say dumb things? Seems like they're bored, and just looking for some garbage to take issue with. 

@EastStreet

Im sure everyone knows the improtance of divisonal games in the NFL, they are all college educated people who are aware. I'm sure they know what's on the line. I suppose if leonard started quivering when they said Jax away game, you'd be satisfied. 

@Bravo

I'm sure they are hearing daily/hourly fan complaints. So simply a popular topic to discuss.

I don't expect pumping sunshine... lol.. They know what fans want. PESSIMISTIC yelling...  lol. 

Serious though... I'm sure many players are P-O-d... But I'm sure Reich is preaching "stacking good days" lol... and more coach speak ... I'd prefer some passion, some yelling, etc.. 

23 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

@EastStreet

@Bravo

He should be quivering. He can’t beat them lol

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm sure they are hearing daily/hourly fan complaints. So simply a popular topic to discuss.

I don't expect pumping sunshine... lol.. They know what fans want. PESSIMISTIC yelling...  lol. 

Serious though... I'm sure many players are P-O-d... But I'm sure Reich is preaching "stacking good days" lol... and more coach speak ... I'd prefer some passion, some yelling, etc.. 

I agree 100%. I’m getting tired of the Colts having the “nice guy” at coach. We’ve only had kind and soft spoken coaches since I was 8 years old, starting with Dungy. I loved Dungy, and I think all the coaches since have been genuinely good men, but we’ve truthfully underachieved (based upon our talent) with each of them.

3 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

I agree 100%. I’m getting tired of the Colts having the “nice guy” at coach. We’ve only had kind and soft spoken coaches since I was 8 years old, starting with Dungy. I loved Dungy, and I think all the coaches since have been genuinely good men, but we’ve truthfully underachieved (based upon our talent) with each of them.

Yup.

IMO, Gungy was nice, but he could get P-O-d. Not yelling, but he commanded respect, and a "serious" personality. 

Some passion would be refreshing..... little fire... 

Here is the simple fact, if we were to lose this next critical divisional road game, it’s going to say Jacksonville continues to get better. And, the Colt’s have not. 15 games later, we will look back and it may be a different narrative. 
The Stain of that loss in January cost people their jobs, as it was absolutely the single worst defeat in this Colt’s fan eyes. 

I could care less about what Leonard says, IF he was playing, then it might have some significance. But as I Recall sitting at that game in Jacksonville, his performance was just as poor that infamous day! We know we should win, we know we have talent, we know the balmy Weather in Florida doesn’t bring the best out of us. It’s Time to beat Jacksonville!  Or, as we all are, we are culpable to producing results in our daily jobs, no different in this case. 

It will be Next man up, next coach up, next GM up.

I re-watched the whole game from last Sunday, the one good take away from it was, we clearly looked like the better team in the 4th Qtr and in OT. We were wearing them down and it was clear. Ryan was clicking and Taylor was running all over them. SP Teams literally just failed which was the reason for the Tie. Just can't kick the ball out of bounds twice and give Houston the ball at the 40 like that. + of course the miss 43 yard FG that would've won it as well. I think going into this Jacksonville game we have the better team but we need to jump on them early and get a 2 score lead. Then we can just wear them down as well with a bunch of Taylor and hold the lead. If we can come out of the 1st 2 weeks at 1-0-1 it will be all good. I still think that Tie will benefit us at the end of the season, that half game should work in our favor determining who wins the division. I think Tennessee will drop to 0-2 as well as they play in Buffalo.

As far as Leonard goes, he was just being PC. The players know how big this game is. It sucks Leonard is out, that isn't good and makes things tougher.

I’m sure Peyton gave the “player speak” answer before the undefeated Colts played at Foxboro in 2005. He had an 0-6 streak against Brady and Belichick up to that point. Then the team goes out and wins 40-21. But after the high of that game, it still counted as 1 game and 1 win, right?

Getting riled up and hung up on streaks and patterns is for fans. One shouldn’t read too much into a professional taking the 1 game at a time approach. Player morale isn’t affected by fan morale whatsoever though we might want to think differently. :default_20smile:

Irsay is a fan too but a powerful one. So he’s the one I want to stay level headed, win or lose.

1 minute ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

^^^Homer post.  We destroyed Houston twice last yr with Wentz.  No matter how you slice it a tie them is a loss.  

We also lost at Jacksonville last year with Wentz with everything on the line, lets see what happens this week. Yes a Tie is a lot better than a loss - "No matter how you slice it" .

2 hours ago, IndyEric07 said:

It feels like we have a team full of players that care more about themselves and their $$$ than they do at winning games! Almost like the Pacers have rubbed off on them!

Hustling Dave Chappelle GIF

This might sound bad but I am starting to agree with this. We need players that play with a edge. Or maybe a coach that has a little more fire to light under their butts.

I agree with what Leonard said. 

2 hours ago, IndyEric07 said:

It feels like we have a team full of players that care more about themselves and their $$$ than they do at winning games! Almost like the Pacers have rubbed off on them!

Hustling Dave Chappelle GIF

Welcome to the Social Media Era. This is just like fans get more ticked off because betting is legal now.  However I don't thing we have any of those Divas on the team BUT at the end of the day it is about the money I think we are all like that to an extent.  The NFL isnt as DIVA as the NBA and I dont think it can ever get to that point on a league basis due to the difference in the sport and how many players are each team. 

One size fits all.  If person A gets the job done by someone getting in their face, or yelled at....then it will work for person B as well. Anyone ever stop to think for a moment, out of their G.M. chair, that Brian Decker specifically filters for self starting and self driving individuals who need no one to yell at them, or point fingers at them, or on and on? What if......that type of coach would actually be detrimental to the team that is assembled?

Nah........it probably doesn't fit with that "I need to find the problem and point a finger at it" crowd. 

I like this team. I like the type of players they sign.....and I like where they are headed. Basically....I am relaxed about it all. 

10 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

One size fits all.  If person A gets the job done by someone getting in their face, or yelled at....then it will work for person B as well. Anyone ever stop to think for a moment, out of their G.M. chair, that Brian Decker specifically filters for self starting and self driving individuals who need no one to yell at them, or point fingers at them, or on and on? What if......that type of coach would actually be detrimental to the team that is assembled?

Nah........it probably doesn't fit with that "I need to find the problem and point a finger at it" crowd. 

I like this team. I like the type of players they sign.....and I like where they are headed. Basically....I am relaxed about it all. 

I love ‘em all as people, just don’t have to love their performance. I’m going to the game tomorrow and am thoroughly relaxed. Bringing the poncho just in case, set up and have an awesome tailgate. Hopefully the DUVAL Curse ends tomorrow and I can light the cigar that has been waiting 8 years!

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

1075 (JMV and Chappell) said they can’t believe the Colts aren’t putting a greater emphasis on this divisional game, and the fanbase reaction if the Colts lose in Jacksonville, dropping them to 0-1-1 on the season.

Leonard's comment

“In my mind, it’s just another game. All you hear is about Jacksonville last year. It’s like talking about your ex-girlfriend when you’re with somebody new. You gotta learn from your ex, make your life better, and just continue to get better from there. We’re not focusing on that. We’re just stacking the days up and want to continue to get better in practice, then hit the game ready to rock and roll and hopefully come back here with a dub.”

Player's feel this way?

Or is Leonard saying "team speak" (repeating what Reich preaches)?

https://www.1075thefan.com/featured/ride-w-jmv/shaquille-leonards-comments-about-the-jaguars-should-concern-colts-fans/

071cdfcf66ab415e83386663eb0d44d0.gif

And Mike proceeded to whack two enemies... 

Mr Leonard,

The days of college football is way behind you and waaaay more exciting than thinking about an ex-girlfriend.

Remember the excitement from the fans, the band, the cheerleaders…well, that’s what happens when you guys go to Jacksonville.

Kid Lawrence became a hero after knocking you out of the playoffs!

So, change your attitude, dude!

Just remember how you felt after that

LOSS…remember…you ‘member!

When you return to playing the big game and earning all the $$, I expect you to be stronger, meaner, faster and act like the linebackers that have made a name for themselves that helped their team win the Lombardi.

Come on, man! I don’t want to hear any more “loser talk” coming from you.

I will still address you as Mr Leonard, but “loser talk” will change that.

:bossy:

Archived