Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LT rotation

GoColts8818

1 hour ago, w87r said:

@NewColtsFan

What are you confused about?

I noted this is at least the second time that I’m aware of that you’ve written this.   And I don’t understand it.  

I think Pryor played RT like 2-3 games.   And I think he played RG perhaps 1-2 games….  So not much difference in snaps.   And I don’t recall a big difference in performance.   I’m not saying Pryor wasn’t better at RT.    But was it that much better that it’s revealing of a long term solution?

Pryor isn’t going to start over Smith at RT.  Whenever Raimann takes over full time at LT, Pryor’s future as a starter would appear to be at RG and not RT.   So I guess I’m respectfully asking….   Even if you’re right,  what’s your point?  

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Reich said Rainmann will keep getting some snaps. But I agree I thought Pryor looked pretty good. If anything they will have a good look at Rainmann and be able to decide if it’s him or Pryor next year. Hopefully it won’t hurt oline chemistry.

I'm OK getting Raimann rotating in a little. 

Might be a nice break for Pryor early year.

And good for Raimann, helping develop (so long he doesn't screws up).

Just need to be careful. 

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He wasn’t the problem yesterday.

Him and Matt Ryan wasn’t on the same page them fumble snaps is on him and Matt. He missed time towards the end of camp once again due to Covid restrictions maybe that might have made the difference who know lol 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I'm OK getting Raimann rotating in a little. 

Might be a nice break for Pryor early year.

And good for Raimann, helping develop (so long he doesn't screws up).

Just need to be careful. 

I don’t think 10-15 snaps will hurt chemistry to much. If it got up to them splitting snaps then I think it could.

i am with you and like Pryor. I am rooting for him but all I really want is got the best player to be the future because that helps the team. Pryor is a good story.  Him getting this LT job like he has barely happens. We are basically seeing them compete in game situations which is ok as long as Rainmann and him aren’t splitting snaps 50-50z

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I noted this is at least the second time that I’m aware of that you’ve written this.   And I don’t understand it.  

I think Pryor played RT like 2-3 games.   And I think he played RG perhaps 1-2 games….  So not much difference in snaps.   And I don’t recall a big difference in performance.   I’m not saying Pryor wasn’t better at RT.    But was it that much better that it’s revealing of a long term solution?

Pryor isn’t going to start over Smith at RT.  Whenever Raimann takes over full time at LT, Pryor’s future as a starter would appear to be at RG and not RT.   So I guess I’m respectfully asking….   Even if you’re right,  what’s your point?  

It’s more about smith struggling. If he continues to struggle. We are talking just for this year. We weren’t talking about next year.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I don’t think 10-15 snaps will hurt chemistry to much. If it got up to them splitting snaps then I think it could.

i am with you and like Pryor. I am rooting for him but all I really want is got the best player to be the future because that helps the team. Pryor is a good story.  Him getting this LT job like he has barely happens. We are basically seeing them compete in game situations which is ok as long as Rainmann and him aren’t splitting snaps 50-50z

Best LT! Competition helps IMO. 

I just hope they get too cute. If Raimann allows a sack or turnover, will be P-O-d...  Just don't forced things. 

7 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Him and Matt Ryan wasn’t on the same page them fumble snaps is on him and Matt. He missed time towards the end of camp once again due to Covid restrictions maybe that might have made the difference who know lol 

They were more on Matt.  They did a good job highlighting it on the broadcast where on one Barber walked you through on slow mo Ryan taking his eyes off the snap and how odd it was for him to make a mistake like that.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Best LT! Competition helps IMO. 

I just hope they get too cute. If Raimann allows a sack or turnover, will be P-O-d...  Just don't forced things. 

Yeah. If Rainmann is not pulling his weight and it hurts the team then it’s clear you have to just stick with Pryor going forward.  

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It’s more about smith struggling. If he continues to struggle. We are talking just for this year. We weren’t talking about next year.

One game, especially the first game of the season, is not a track record.  Smith has been out starting RT for 3.5 years.  He has a very good track record.   Good enough to become the 4th highest paid RT last I looked.  

Well run teams don’t make panic moves like that.   Nervous fan bases make those kind of moves.   Hard to see a change happening unless there’s a bigger problem that’s not yet public.  

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2022/8/21/23315830/colts-matt-pryor-has-earned-the-spot-as-the-teams-starting-left-tackle

His debut campaign with the Colts included 94 snaps at left tackle, 266 snaps at right tackle, and 69 snaps at right guard.

Not much of a difference in snaps, huh? Smh, just 3 games worth...... 197 more snaps

Isn't even about being right. I responded to EastStreet post about putting Pryor at RG. My personal opinion. 

If you're going to mention some snap differential at least be close to what you are saying.

Use your words next time instead of your patented passive aggressive emoticon. Someone shouldn't have to ask what you are confused about.

My point was he played better at RT than RG.

Annoyed....

Edit:

And where did I say replacing Smith with Pryor was a long term solution?

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

One game, especially the first game of the season, is not a track record.  Smith has been out starting RT for 3.5 years.  He has a very good track record.   Good enough to become the 4th highest paid RT last I looked.  

Well run teams don’t make panic moves like that.   Nervous fan bases make those kind of moves.   Hard to see a change happening unless there’s a bigger problem that’s not yet public.  

Yes I know. That’s why I said if he continued.

I remrnfer jorl Erickson I think mentioned how when AC was at left tackle he never needed help so they helped smith a lot which he thought made him look better then he was. Now we don’t have a LT like that anymore he mentioned to keep a eye on smith because you can’t help both sides. 

When smith came back from injury last year he did play well after that so hopefully it’s just rust.

22 minutes ago, w87r said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2022/8/21/23315830/colts-matt-pryor-has-earned-the-spot-as-the-teams-starting-left-tackle

Not much of a difference in snaps, huh? Smh, just 3 games worth...... 197 more snaps

Isn't even about being right. I responded to EastStreet post about putting Pryor at RG. My personal opinion. 

If you're going to mention some snap differential at least be close to what you are saying.

Use your words next time instead of your patented passive aggressive emoticon. Someone shouldn't have to ask what you are confused about.

Annoyed....

Edit:

I clearly demonstrated I was going off memory.   197 snaps is 3 games.   And since you were kind enough to give snaps, do you know what Pryor’s grade was at RT and what was his grade was at RG?    Because I didn’t see that stat noted in your post. 

Clearly I rubbed you the wrong way.   Perhaps now you know why I only used an emoticon.   Explaining myself, even in the most respectful terms,  got me no where.   I’ll make a note to only say the nicest things possible.  I guess calling you one of the three best, most important posters here didn’t buy me any credibility with you?    Sorry to learn that. 

Just my two cents I don’t think they are going to adjust other positions on the line unless they have too.  I believe the plan has always been to slowly transition LT from Pryor to Raimann but beyond that it’s just not who Frank is.  Unless he has too he doesn’t make drastic changes like making your RT your RG in the middle of the season.  They also really like Smith and think he’s one of the best RTs in football.  I just don’t see them moving him unless they have to because of injury or something.  Maybe they will give him more help that I could see.

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

They gave him 16 this week but not sure how many of those were as a 6th linemen.

This might turn out like glow and Reed. They eventually went back to all glow.  Unless they both continue to look good.

12 snaps as the LT, 4 more as the 6th lineman.   

12 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

They gave him 16 this week but not sure how many of those were as a 6th linemen.

This might turn out like glow and Reed. They eventually went back to all glow.  Unless they both continue to look good.

IIRC, 4x eligible receiver/extra OL, so 12 actual LT.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I clearly demonstrated I was going off memory.   197 snaps is 3 games.   And since you were kind enough to give snaps, do you know what Pryor’s grade was at RT and what was his grade was at RG?    Because I didn’t see that stat noted in your post

I don't post PFF grades(I don't pay, so just see the general free stuff). I did ask EastStreet to post them if he can separate. I'm just going on memory as well.

Pryor looked awkward at RG to me. 

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Clearly I rubbed you the wrong way.   Perhaps now you know why I only used an emoticon.   Explaining myself, even in the most respectful terms,  got me no where.

Nothing in your explanation rubbed me the wrong way.

It was the emoticon that did it. 

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’ll make a note to only say the nicest things possible.

Don't do that.

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I guess calling you one of the three best, most important posters here didn’t buy me any credibility with you?    Sorry to learn that. 

Look, you know I am one of your biggest supporters, and I like the fact that you try to keep people to a standard. I always have your back NCF, whether you see it or not, if you know what I mean. I am continually going to bat for you.

For the record though, I am no more important than any other poster here. I appreciate that you think my opinion is important, as I do yours as well. 

That emoticon really got me though. Lol. On to the next.

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Honestly IDK on Pryor vs Raimann....

Either or both could surprise. 

I'm a fan of both. 

On RG, pretty sure he was 70ish, but I'd figure it out.

Going to do this week's PFF first (trying tonight at least). 

I remember his PFF total AVG was 75+, no sacks, and 400+ snaps. 

Also, IIRC but let Hughes going deeper vs Ryan the INT. 

Still blame on Ryan (bad low pass to RB), but Smith could have helped better. 

If Smith keep his hands  on Hughes. he couldnt have jump that high.

13 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Our old OL coach, was a mean guy... lol...

IMO, current OL coach is soft. 

DeGuglielmo rebuilt it fast, and had them playing mean. 

Mean has decreased every year since. 

Want a OL Coach (and DL coach) willing to hurt feelings lol... 

And inspire!  The HC seems to be a low key guy, he might need alittle more of this from his coaches.

15 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Honest question...

What was your expectation (Pryor) vs an elite guy/Edge Greenard. 

IMO, the OL was average.

And Smith was the worst, easily.

If Smith was normal, the OL would have good/great (for 1st game given 2 new starters).... 

Pryor looked better than I thought he would.  He looked OK. 

I do think we were average.  Against a terrible team whom we boatraced last year.

That's why I think we are in trouble again in pass pro.  I am hoping for average, around 15, 16.  

It's looking like high twenties to me. 

14 hours ago, w87r said:

Annoyed....

Edit:

He's an angry little elf. 

18 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If smith keeps struggling and Rainmann looks good could we see smith moved to guard and Pryor to RT?

I've said that since we drafted Rainmann. Smith was once a guard, and he isn't likely going to get better against speed rushers on the outside.

20 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Discussed on other thread, but will say the same.....

• Pryor
    • Did fine this week.
    • Expected Greenard 1 or 2 sacks (he's a 80+ PFF Edge), but had zero.
    • That's pretty good. Had easily the most snaps
  • Rainman
    • Did fine, but less 20 snaps
    • Easier for him if he's <20
    • Only noticed one pressure

IMO, they'll add more snaps... until it's obvious either way...

I could see 2023

LT Raimann (if he continues develops)

LG Nelson (duh)

C Pinter ($ cut)

RG Pryor

RT Smith  

Thank you for this

did you take notice of when the rook went in?  like down and distance, clear running plays v. pass, etc.   

LT is such a peculiar position, IMO if they think Raimann is ready to play for 10 snaps, they should just give him the position full time. I do NOT like this rotation thing. Especially for this position, which is so important for the cohesion of the whole unit. 

Reich is doing stupid things IMO. Overthinking. 

4 hours ago, Nickster said:

Pryor looked better than I thought he would.  He looked OK. 

I do think we were average.  Against a terrible team whom we boatraced last year.

That's why I think we are in trouble again in pass pro.  I am hoping for average, around 15, 16.  

It's looking like high twenties to me. 

Terrible team, yes. But Greenard was great last year. 

Was a 1st team SEC before draft... 

Pryor handled Greenard better, then our Pro Bowl RT handled Hughes. 

Very happy with C, LG, and LT... 

Archived