Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stallworth signs with K.C.

ojsglove

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is another decision I’m not happy with.   I wanted Stallworth back, along with Reed. 

That said, I think the Stallworth snaps will likely be absorbed by Dayo and/or Lewis. 

Not sure if I’m happy or not happy, but these moves do beg the question, we had good depth, why not keep it?

He played well with what snaps he had but should be easy enough to replace. These veteran depth guys typically won’t get second contracts from us.  They served their purpose but when their price goes up we need to fill their spots with guys on rookie contracts. We will also get the occasional depth guy that was let go from other teams on prove it deals.  Just part of the business.  

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is another decision I’m not happy with.   I wanted Stallworth back, along with Reed. 

That said, I think the Stallworth snaps will likely be absorbed by Dayo and/or Lewis. 

I agree completely. I just keep telling myself that if I want the team to get better, some of these role players can be replaced with better ones. Fingers crossed.

15 minutes ago, Colts.sb41 said:

I agree completely. I just keep telling myself that if I want the team to get better, some of these role players can be replaced with better ones. Fingers crossed.

And it appears the Reed snaps will go to Fries.   Pinter replaces Glow.

And — looking forward — if Pryor isn’t good enough to hold the LT spot long term, then I could see him moving him to RG with Pinter becoming our Center and Kelly being traded in 23.   But, I’m getting ahead of myself here. 

7 hours ago, krunk said:

Not really tripping on Stallworth.   We found him on the scrap heap so I don't think Ballard will have too much trouble finding someone else.  Im sure he's got a plan in place. 

Sign Akiem Hicks, he would be a difference maker. 

46 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Sign Akiem Hicks, he would be a difference maker. 

Where would he play?  Hicks wants to start.  

Where would he start for the Colts?  Not over Buckner.   Not over Stewart.   

Don’t get me wrong, Hicks is good, but he’s not that good that we’d blow up what we have. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Where would he play?  Hicks wants to start.  

Where would he start for the Colts?  Not over Buckner.   Not over Stewart.   

Don’t get me wrong, Hicks is good, but he’s not that good that we’d blow up what we have. 

He’d start right beside Buckner. You can’t be serious that he’s not better than Stewart. 

40 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

He’d start right beside Buckner. You can’t be serious that he’s not better than Stewart. 

Weve already committed big money to Stewart.    We’re not signing a guy to play a position where we have a $10 mill a year player in Stewart.   We’re not putting Stewart on the bench, even for a slight improvement.  It’s bad for the locker room and really bad for the budget.   We’d be eating the Stewart salary.   

Our priority right now is the secondary.  That’s why all the buzz around Mathieu and Bradbury.    There’s no buzz about spending big money on the D-line. 

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Weve already committed big money to Stewart.    We’re not signing a guy to play a position where we have a $10 mill a year player in Stewart.   We’re not putting Stewart on the bench, even for a slight improvement.  It’s bad for the locker room and really bad for the budget.   We’d be eating the Stewart salary.   

Our priority right now is the secondary.  That’s why all the buzz around Mathieu and Bradbury.    There’s no buzz about spending big money on the D-line. 

Also, they are a bit different DTs. Grover is a space eating run stuffing player that comes off the field on passing downs so we can use our tweeners. Hicks is a pass rushing DT.  I feel we already have that with Lewis and Dayo. I honestly feel Grover is the better player over Hicks. Maybe slightly over paid but still the better player. 

We do need to focus on our secondary bc I think the DL good besides maybe 3rd string depth. 

22 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’d say play them both splitting the snaps. What a push up front with a beast of a defensive line. No way an offense can deal with a defensive line dominating an offensive line. 

Archived