Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dallas Just Did The Dumbest Thing Ever And Lost

King Colt

52 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The Cowboys have one of the top  QB's and talent on offense & defense and won their Division. Their roster is considered among the better ones I'm the league. 

They must lead the league in stupidity. They had 14 penalties and many were pre ball snaps. 

39 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

They must lead the league in stupidity. They had 14 penalties and many were pre ball snaps. 

But that's not on Jerry. He and his brain trust have put together a good roster and a Top 10 QB. The penalties are I would say more on coaching than stupid players.... and Jerry is in charge and  coaches are his responsibility too but if I was a die hard cowboy fan this year I certainly wouldn't fault Jerry or want him to retire. He loves his team and tries every year, no matter the cost of building a winner.

When Manning was the Colts QB, downed players would get up and hand the ball to the umpire so it could be set right away, especially during 2 minute drives. Dak takes off and runs, is down with 8 seconds left, and hands the ball to the center instead of the umpire. 

Just little things where attention to detail can be the difference between winning and losing. The run play was risky, but if they had the proper operation dialed in, they had a shot to get another play off. 

6 hours ago, Superman said:

When Manning was the Colts QB, downed players would get up and hand the ball to the umpire so it could be set right away, especially during 2 minute drives. Dak takes off and runs, is down with 8 seconds left, and hands the ball to the center instead of the umpire. 

Just little things where attention to detail can be the difference between winning and losing. The run play was risky, but if they had the proper operation dialed in, they had a shot to get another play off. 

Yeah, it was a gutsy call, but if executed properly, would have gave them a better chance.  To be honest, they shouldn’t have gotten into that position in the first place.

17 hours ago, Superman said:

It was excecated poorly on almost every level.  Dak should have slid earlier and gave the umpire the ball.  They would have had 1 more play.   

I have seen a 100's of dumber things occur on the FB field.

It certainly did not cost them the game. 

If the dude that needed to touch the ball had hustled a little more and hadn't had to fight his way through the Dallas lineman... Dak did take an extra step though and HE should have raced to the official.  

Cowboys fans can now argue over it. Tastes Great, Less Filling?

Dak Prescott, Leon Lett?

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Not even close. Have you seen the hate the Colts have for a play executed against the pats? This mistake doesn't hold a candle. 

You are referring "The Three Stooges" lineup. It was the worst of the worst not even in Pee Wee league has that been seen.

23 hours ago, Superman said:

Very true, but the reality is that is extremely unlikely that  one last desperation play would have changed the outcome. They lost the game before that but the talking heads will focus on that last play lol.

6 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Very true, but the reality is that is extremely unlikely that  one last desperation play would have changed the outcome. They lost the game before that but the talking heads will focus on that last play lol.

I agree that they lost the game before that. They got jumped on at the beginning of the game, and committed a ton of penalties (2nd primetime Dallas game I watched this year where they committed a gross amount of penalties; and procedural penalties, at home, which are inexcusable). But they fumbled away their very last chance to win on a play that displayed the lack of preparation and attention to detail that likely led to the issues just mentioned above.

To me, it's kind of a microcosm of their issues. Focus, discipline, attention to detail, etc. Such a talented roster. If you overlaid the Colts penalty numbers over the Cowboys roster, it's probably a 14 win team, would have had a bye, and been hosting a divisional round game. I have my issues with the Colts coaching decisions at times, but outside of an outlier game here or there, they do a great job of avoiding stupid penalties. It probably helps us with a win or two every season.

On 1/18/2022 at 3:54 PM, Superman said:

And you can bet they practiced it over and over again. Repetition of small details and things like that make a difference in situational football. 

7 hours ago, RollerColt said:

And you can bet they practiced it over and over again. Repetition of small details and things like that make a difference in situational football. 

If they practiced it im sure Peyton made them. There was a reason it was said Peyton was a coach on the field. 

Its kind of crazy to me. We don't see a lot of things like that anymore. The no huddle gone. Fake handoffs with ball in hand very seldom used. 

Time management has changed for the worse. 

The things we all thought were pretty damn normal even in 22 arent being done. 

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

If they practiced it im sure Peyton made them. There was a reason it was said Peyton was a coach on the field. 

Its kind of crazy to me. We don't see a lot of things like that anymore. The no huddle gone. Fake handoffs with ball in hand very seldom used. 

Time management has changed for the worse. 

The things we all thought were pretty damn normal even in 22 arent being done. 

Absolutely. The legendary QBs, the ones most successful are those who never settle for good enough. They strive for improvement and perfection day after day. 

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Absolutely. The legendary QBs, the ones most successful are those who never settle for good enough. They strive for improvement and perfection day after day. 

To me if you dont have that QB it falls on the HC to step up in these areas. Maybe that's too much to expect from a HC?

Archived