Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Monday Night Playoff Game?!? Cardinals @ Rams, Jan. 17, 2022

NewColtsFan

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

No that isn’t why. He didn’t think Stafford would get them over the hump to a SB.

Kevin’s words were there was no way in hell he was going to sign off on Stafford.

I dont know who this kevin guy is but if its just another media head he may just be saying things. Either way thats confusing to me because if he is willing to sign off on Wentz why wouldn't he sign off on Stafford. Mostly anybody 99% of people who know anything about football would have last year and still would today say that Stafford is far superior to Wentz. 

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

I dont know who this kevin guy is but if its just another media head he may just be saying things. Either way thats confusing to me because if he is willing to sign off on Wentz why wouldn't he sign off on Stafford. Mostly anybody 99% of people who know anything about football would have last year and still would today say that Stafford is far superior to Wentz. 

I trust what he says. Yes if you could get Stafford for a 4th of  course you take that risk. But Ballard didn’t think he was the guy that would get them where they needed to go. Don’t ask me why he thought that because I don’t know. Ballard then said Wentz was a easy decision because his history with Reich and he said he has also done enough scouting on him in 2016.

3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Kevin is local media, does the morning show here. Stafford is better than Wentz but Reich wanted Wentz.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I trust what he says. Yes if you could get Stafford for a 4th of  course you take that risk. But Ballard didn’t think he was the guy that would get them where they needed to go. Don’t ask me why he thought that because I don’t know. Ballard then said Wentz was a easy decision because his history with Reich and he said he has also done enough scouting on him in 2016.

I dont know the story I heard was we were in it. One of the last teams it was coming down to, Staffords wife was looking at houses in the Indy area, thats from her mouth. Then the Rams came off the top rope with their ridiculous offer and we pulled out because it was to expensive. Regardless of what happened. We should have got Stafford no matter the price, thats just my opinion though.

• Like 1

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ballard also said it was easier for him to make that decision too because of all the scouting on him he had done in 2016.

If we keep Wentz he has a lot to prove now. I still think he isn't a bad QB but not sure he is the guy that can get us to where we need to go. Luckily Tennessee has the same problem because the ultimate goal is to win a SB. Winning 12 or 13 games is great but if you lose in the playoffs that is all people remember. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I dont know the story I heard was we were in it. One of the last teams it was coming down to, Staffords wife was looking at houses in the Indy area, thats from her mouth. Then the Rams came off the top rope with their ridiculous offer and we pulled out because it was to expensive. Regardless of what happened. We should have got Stafford no matter the price, thats just my opinion though.

I agree, pay the price. We didn’t and now we’re paying for it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

That was the same play Wentz had. Lol

Yep, at end of Titans game, pick six. Even if the coach calls pass, use your common sense to not hold the ball too long. Playoff games are lost before they are won. Tom Brady got it in year 1. Even Peyton tried playing hero for a while against good Ds and took sacks by the 1 yard line vs the Steelers, remember?

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

So much for the Kingsbury experiment.  I’ll take the classic drop back QB on an NFL team every time.  Let the college’s have these small scrambling QB’s.  No thank you.  

Yep, look at the top QB's of all-time in the league = Brady, Montana, Peyton, Unitas, Elway, even throw Graham in there from the 40's/50's, and even Rodgers now. What do all of them in common? All drop back pocket passers. Elway had the most mobility out of all of them but he was still a pocket passer. That is all Marino was as well

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

21-0 Rams at the Half Jump Jumping GIF- here is Cards fan.

Other than a couple Warner years they've always been a 'fugazi' franchise. Regardless of what their records was during a particular season.

They've definitely suffered though so I feel for them.. Lol

• Like 1