Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Monday Night Playoff Game?!? Cardinals @ Rams, Jan. 17, 2022

NewColtsFan

2 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

OMG.  Slow down there Russ.    Take a breath every once in a while before you hyperventilate 

So what's the Deal with him? Reading he wants to Explore options in the off season.  His contract is not up :dunno: 

14 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

talent has got him that far.  No doubt he’s done a good job but I still doubt him and this just supports my doubt.  He is getting out coached badly right now.

murray is getting killed behind the line and what’s his response?  Continue to run the ball up the middle and call long developing pass plays.  Sounds familiar?

And don’t get me started on what he did for the last 2 mins of the first half.  Down 21-0 and you don’t even try?  In a playoff game?  Gassing a division rival?  No, that’s BAD coaching.

So the dude goes 11-6, in the best division in the NFL and against the #8 hardest schedule.... and did it with a mediocre OL and mediocre run game. 

Sure, he's a bad coach.. Reich is wonderful. lol

3 minutes ago, Gramz said:

So what's the Deal with him? Reading he wants to Explore options in the off season.  His contract is not up :dunno: 

I don't know all the issues.  But apparently he and Pete are at odds on some things and Russ is a diva. He like attention. 

I could be wrong 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

So the dude goes 11-6, in the best division in the NFL and against the #8 hardest schedule.... and did it with a mediocre OL and mediocre run game. 

Sure, he's a bad coach.. Reich is wonderful. lol

meh, agree to disagree.  If it wasn’t for their hot start in the beginning of the year, they wouldn’t be in the playoffs

did you forget we beat them with half of our starters?

2 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

meh, agree to disagree.  If it wasn’t for their hot start in the beginning of the year, they wouldn’t be in the playoffs

did you forget we beat them with half of our starters?

So what if they had a hot start. Ws are Ws.

We laid turds to start the season, and to end the season.

We had 9 wins vs the 28th ranked schedule.

They had 11 wins vs the 8th ranked schedule.

They didn't lose to Jax either... 

My brother text messages me, reporting that someone named Buddha got hurt in this game (which I stopped watching in the first quarter). I asked, Budda Baker? I said that is a good player. Anyway, that made me check on his status. He is alert and has feeling in all extremities. Good news. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, EastStreet said:

So what if they had a hot start. Ws are Ws.

We laid turds to start the season, and to end the season.

We had 9 wins vs the 28th ranked schedule.

They had 11 wins vs the 8th ranked schedule.

They didn't lose to Jax either... 

do you know of his college career?  Do you know what those teams did that was eerily similar to what the cardinals did this season?

do I think the cardinals were going to win?  No.  But I thought they would’ve put up more of a fight an kliffs coaching decisions did not help.  Combine that with the way the cardinals ended the latter half of the season and I was not surprised.

if the cards have a strong consistent season and showing in the playoffs I have no problem eating crow.  But kliffs track record says this is his ceiling

2 hours ago, smittywerb said:

do you know of his college career?  Do you know what those teams did that was eerily similar to what the cardinals did this season?

do I think the cardinals were going to win?  No.  But I thought they would’ve put up more of a fight an kliffs coaching decisions did not help.  Combine that with the way the cardinals ended the latter half of the season and I was not surprised.

if the cards have a strong consistent season and showing in the playoffs I have no problem eating crow.  But kliffs track record says this is his ceiling

Yes, very familiar with his college days. I watch as much or more CFB as I do NFL. 

His CFB teams almost always had top 25 offenses. And he coached at non-power-house Us that struggled to recruit elite talent.

So in short, his Os easily over performed given their recruiting status (lack there of)

Like I said above, not sure he'll translate to the NFL. But you can't argue his year over year improvement. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Yes, very familiar with his college days. I watch as much or more CFB as I do NFL. 

His CFB teams almost always had top 25 offenses. And he coached at non-power-house Us that struggled to recruit elite talent.

So in short, his Os easily over performed given their recruiting status (lack there of)

Like I said above, not sure he'll translate to the NFL. But you can't argue his year over year improvement. 

no im Not arguing his improvement.  Maybe saying he’s “horrible” was harsh but he’s not taking the cards no further than that.  Like I said, I’ll eat crow if otherwise happens.  But you have to admit, what he did vs the rams wasn’t good.  At all.  

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

no im Not arguing his improvement.  Maybe saying he’s “horrible” was harsh but he’s not taking the cards no further than that.  Like I said, I’ll eat crow if otherwise happens.  But you have to admit, what he did vs the rams wasn’t good.  At all.  

Like I said, not sure he'll ever translate. But you can't argue with the improvement year over year. It's going to harder to improve over 11 wins. 

And Reich has as bad, or worse in games. Rams game I'm sure is a game he'd (KK) like to forget, but things went off the tracks after Murray threw that INT. Hard to play from behind against the Rams, and their DL, regardless of who's your HC. 

19 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Like I said, not sure he'll ever translate. But you can't argue with the improvement year over year. It's going to harder to improve over 11 wins. 

And Reich has as bad, or worse in games. Rams game I'm sure is a game he'd (KK) like to forget, but things went off the tracks after Murray threw that INT. Hard to play from behind against the Rams, and their DL, regardless of who's your HC. 

dude, so what are we debating? Lol you agree that’s his ceiling?  Because then you’d be agreeing with me.

and there’s things he could’ve done.  One is calling shorter developing plays.  knowing that your qb is getting killed and rattled, run up the guts and long developing plays are not going to calm him down.  Even Kurt on the radio was saying that.  Sounds all too familiar.  

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

dude, so what are we debating? Lol you agree that’s his ceiling?  Because then you’d be agreeing with me.

and there’s things he could’ve done.  One is calling shorter developing plays.  knowing that your qb is getting killed and rattled, run up the guts and long developing plays are not going to calm him down.  Even Kurt on the radio was saying that.  Sounds all too familiar.  

I didn't say it was his ceiling. I said he has a great track record of improvement thus far, but it's harder to improve over 11 wins, which is true for any team/coach.

My biggest doubt on him is translation, but he's already proven me wrong to a large extent. If he had a good running game with a good run blocking OL, I think the team would be less one dimensional, and a serious threat. 

In short, gotta let it play out. And don't forget, the dude is super young. He was in his 30s when hired. He's got plenty of time to learn and tweak.