Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021/22 Colts at Jags Post Game thoughts.....

EastStreet

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Best thing to do is accept reality, and improve the OL and pass catchers. And hopefully play calling.

That's the part that will be hard to get through to some people. Even if you don't like Wentz, there isn't much to choose from. No elite guy on the horizon for us.

Only chance is if Jim says screw it make Rodgers or Wilson happen with a black check.

But the rest of your post is correct, just have to improve the overall team because we don't have a QB who will get us 5 automatic wins simply because they're on the field.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Wentzszn said:

The play caller has to put the QB in a good position. The oline can’t allow pressure like they did today. He didn’t even have time to get to his second read. Look I am not saying he didn’t play bad Be did. Bur he also didn’t get any help either. This offense runs the same five plays every drive. It’s pathetic.

At some point the QB has to make plays.  Wentz has not the past two weeks.  It would be one thing if he was throwing darts and guys were just dropping them that’s not what happened.  Wentz has been about as bad as he could be when the team needed him the  most.  When your team isn’t playing well it’s your star QB who has to step up and make a play. That’s what makes a franchise QB and that’s why they get paid so much.  Wentz did the exact opposite of that and wilted under the pressure.  If you want to make excuses for him and blame others fine.

1 hour ago, tvturner said:

Mac Jones is not a fit for this offense AT ALL.

they could have run something else for him, its not like they have to stick with what they did this year.  They ran this scheme because we have wentz, it was different last year with phil 

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

That's the part that will be hard to get through to some people. Even if you don't like Wentz, there isn't much to choose from. No elite guy on the horizon for us.

Only chance is if Jim says screw it make Rodgers or Wilson happen with a black check.

But the rest of your post is correct, just have to improve the overall team because we don't have a QB who will get us 5 automatic wins simply because they're on the field.

Like I've said, he's good when he's a complimentary guy.

There's no arguably our OL has been a sheet show this year, and our pass catchers overall are less than meh. 

Folks can pound their heads all they want. Head pounding isn't smart lol though, and just leads to more headaches... Hoping is not really a strategy either, but I'd be hoping we upgrade LT, and get a legit #2 type of WR... And if we do, gonna bet our QB play looks better. 

7 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Thanks for the reminder. I’m going to buy mine now.  Lol. 

Buy a multi-week pick so you don't have to buy weekly. 

11 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This team has a hell of a lot more wrong with it then just the QB.

What bothers me most is the complete lack of fight at every level. Buckner, Leonard, Kenny Moore, Big Q, Hines. Kelly... where was the fire from these guys? The announcers said it best when they mentioned they hadnt said the names of any of these players in the 4th qtr. 

This is a team loss. I am so disappointed in our star players. No heart. This is the type of loss that will be felt next year. 

1 hour ago, bluephantom87 said:

This is NOT an overreaction. This offense STINKS!!!!! Take away JT and what do you have? Is it DYNAMIC with multiple playmakers across the board? No. Do you have that trigger man at qb who can put the team on his back like the elites? No. (Remember Carson was almost the #1 pick overall) and looks more like a below average qb. Is the offense explosive? No. Do I see multiple formations, pre snap movement, exotic routes or no huddle as change of pace? No. Do I see an offense that teams fear? No. More receivers or not do I think Wentz can constantly hit them while making the RIGHT football decision? No.

Is Frank even CAPABLE of scheming a top flight offense or is he stuck in that bygone era of football as a playcaller? I think we all know that answer....

Now on to that BEND but don't BREAK defense that allows the 10 yd cushions for receivers while providing a sporadic pass rush with a dc who doesn't like to blitz. ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!

Philosophies HAVE to change and talent level has to be upgraded in order for this team to get where it needs to go. We couldn't beat a TWO WIN team who got beat by a rookie qb last week while giving up 50 pts!!!!! Let that sink in.....

the whole high character and measurable draft scheme needs some adjustments .   ballard is to caught up on measurable of a player he looks at all the elite players and gets a build of what he needs to look out for .  the problem is with ballards system freeney and mathis would of been passed up on because they did not have the same measurables as the standard elite edge guys at the time .    its good to look for high character but most elite players are not church boys you can take some risks for talent and film .  

1 minute ago, #12. said:

Didn't we have a 95% chance to make the playoffs?  lol

Someone should show that stat to Frank. Or maybe someone did and he shared it with the rest of the team and thats why they played the way they did; like Jax was just going to lay down in front of them. 

I've got this fiction playing in my head, where Jim Irsay walks into the locker room, tries to start some kind of speech, just can't, sighs, and then says, "Quite frankly, guys, this is just about the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened with this team.  This is bad.  Really bad.  I need you to know just how bad.  SO....  Nobody rides the team plane home tonight.  You all have to find your own way home."

That's how bad this was.

I am not the type to say fire the coach after a loss but I think the Colts have to at least think about it here.  Frank runs the offense which failed and he just lost two teams with interim coaches to finish the year.  Not only that his team was several out played when they just had to win one of those two games and it’s not like they played the chiefs and packers to finish the year.  The last loss not only came against the worst team football they were flat out dominated by them from start to finish.  The Jags have four wins in the past two years.  Half of them have come against the Colts.  That’s just unacceptable.  Add in a defensive system that just isn’t working and I think Irsay has to at least think about a coaching staff change.  I doubt it will happen as I think due to his contract they are locked into Wentz for another year so my guess is they keep Frank as that combo is tied together but I think next year both mens seats are going to be extremely warm.

18 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This all boils down to the colts 1-4 start.

But not the 0-2 finish?

27 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I've got this fiction playing in my head, where Jim Irsay walks into the locker room, tries to start some kind of speech, just can't, sighs, and then says, "Quite frankly, guys, this is just about the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened with this team.  This is bad.  Really bad.  I need you to know just how bad.  SO....  Nobody rides the team plane home tonight.  You all have to find your own way home."

That's how bad this was.

That would be epic.

3 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

No one is arguing that.  But, we all know the NFL starts - and ends At QB.  The crush is a bit embarrassing.

We can’t keep  recycling through QB and ignoring the weapons and putting it always on the QB. At some point Ballard has to give a QB the players to succeed. Even Rodgers needs good weapons.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We can’t keep  recycling through QB and ignoring the weapons and putting it always on the QB. At some point Ballard has to give a QB the players to succeed. Even Rodgers needs good weapons.

We certainly had enough to beat the Jags and make the playoffs.

1 minute ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Colts started and finished the season like garbage 

Bizarre.  During the slow start and 0-2 finish, they were bad enough to contend for a top 10 pick.  During the middle portion, they were one of the best teams in the league.

Face it, we don't have an above average QB.  We have a below avg back up at best in (Wentz).  Ehlinger, I'm confident could have done a lot better, unfortunately we don't know that now unless he played despite being a rookie he had the "IT" factor....Post thought. Hope Ehlinger is our future starter in 2022.  And if we're still stuck with Wentz make him be the back up.

I honestly do think Wentz will come back and play better in the beginning of next season (hard not to after recent games). I figure he’ll play more like he did to start here, more methodical.  Hopefully with more threats at WR. But I’m always gonna have a hard time having confidence in him during crucial situations/down the stretch.

I’m pleasantly surprised he stayed healthy after starting off banged up though, I guess. That was a big question.

This oline is getting paid way to much for how they played today. 

Something that can’t be underestimated here is the loss of AC this year. There was a colts media  guy who said that Reich never had to worry about giving him help. That allowed him to help other areas along the line. 

I will add there were a couple plays I noticed early there was WR in the middle wide open and Wentz didn’t get it out quick enough to them. Reich needs to call one read plays to get the ball out quick where QB doesn’t have to make a decision when pass rush was that bad today. 

The failure to get Hines involved this season was really bad too. We signed him to a extension and we didn’t even use one of our best play makers.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I honestly do think will come back and play better in the beginning of next season (hard not to after recent games) but I’m always gonna have a hard time having confidence in him during crucial situations/down the stretch.

I’m pleasantly surprised he stayed healthy after starting off banged up though, I guess.

I think it will all come down to how serious Ballard gets this off season. Too much in the last couple years he has stayed status quo and it hasn’t gotten us anywhere. I love signing our own guys but at some point Ballard has to say is there a better option at the position in FA then our own guy.

In to FA in a couple months ]{ will find out how serious Ballard is.

22 minutes ago, #12. said:

Bizarre.  During the slow start and 0-2 finish, they were bad enough to contend for a top 10 pick.  During the middle portion, they were one of the best teams in the league.

It’s also possible and I know fans don’t want to hear this. Bur maybe after the 1-4 start it took so much energy to get back in it they ran out of gas. This has been mentioned by some of the media.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

This oline is getting paid way to much for how they played today. 

Something that can’t be underestimated here is the loss of AC this year. There was a colts media  guy who said that Reich never had to worry about giving him help. That allowed him to help other areas along the line. 

I will add there were a couple plays I noticed early there was WR in the middle wide open and Wentz didn’t get it out quick enough to them. Reich needs to call one read plays to get the ball out quick where QB doesn’t have to make a decision when pass rush was that bad today. 

The failure to get Hines involved this season was really bad too. We signed him to a extension and we didn’t even use one of our best play makers.

I don’t know if this had been discussed but I feel like Kelly should’ve taken an extended time off. With his tragedy I think he wasn’t emotionally and mentally ready to come back but at the same time didn’t want to let his teammates down. 

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I think it will all come down to how serious Ballard gets this off season. Too much in the last couple years he has stayed status quo and it hasn’t gotten us anywhere. I love signing our own guys but at some point Ballard has to say is there a better option at the position in FA then our own guy.

In to FA in a couple months ]{ will find out how serious Ballard is.

Gonna be interesting to see if his philosophy changes.

I think with JT, an amazing player at a position with a short shelf life, and vets like Buck and Moore, and guys like Nelson, Leonard (who even though they’re young, you can never count on lengthy careers), you have to go for it.

5 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Gonna be interesting to see if his philosophy changes.

I think with JT, an amazing player at a position with a short shelf life, and vets like Buck and Moore, and guys like Nelson, Leonard (who even though they’re young, you can never count on lengthy careers), you have to go for it.

Reich and Wentz have a lot to work on too/. This entire offense needs to be reworked to fit Wentz skill set better. Wentz needs to get better at timing throws It all needs worked on.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich and Wentz have a lot to work on too/. This entire offense needs to be reworked to fit Wentz skill set better. Wentz needs to get better at timing throws It all needs worked on.

Yeah, the honeymoon’s over and that’s a good thing hopefully. They’ve been reunited, and were all smiles this offseason, but now they know it’s not just gonna magically work.

7 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I don’t know if this had been discussed but I feel like Kelly should’ve taken an extended time off. With his tragedy I think he wasn’t emotionally and mentally ready to come back but at the same time didn’t want to let his teammates down. 

Nelson also gave up several pressures today and a sack. Fisher left with that own injury so maybe he never should of played too. Braden played like dog crap. Now that could be multiple things. WR, TE, RB not picking up blitz Wentz and Kelly not getting into right protections  Reich not calling quick pass plays. It all can effect pass rush. 

Archived