Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 18 Around-the-NFL Game Discussion

NFLfan

3 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

The Chargers Raiders game has to definitely NOT end in a tie for them to be in. Which I think is highly unlikely so basically I would say that they are in. 

I am very disappointed in today's loss. I have been a fan since 1984, I think this arguably is one of the top 5 worse losses we have ever had. It isn't the worse because losing to Pitt in the AFC Title Game in 1995 was worse so was 2005 and the 2009 SB but outside of that this was plain ridiculous today. Even he is doing this The Sky Is Falling Reaction GIF

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am very disappointed in today's loss. I have been a fan since 1984, I think this arguably is one of the top 5 worse losses we have ever had. It isn't the worse because losing to Pitt in the AFC Title Game in 1995 was worse so was 2005 and the 2009 SB but outside of that this was plain ridiculous today. Even he is doing this The Sky Is Falling Reaction GIF

Haha that’s funny there is a back and forth going on right now in another thread about if this was one of the top 5 losses. I think it’s in the Indy Clowns thread.

Yep this loss was rough. The media is going to have a field day with our team this week. Nothing they can do but take it. 

3 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Haha that’s funny there is a back and forth going on right now in another thread about if this was one of the top 5 losses. I think it’s in the Indy Clowns thread.

Yep this loss was rough. The media is going to have a field day with our team this week. Nothing they can do but take it. 

I will go to that thread and check it out but I have to take it too because I predicted a blow out by us. Comes with territory I guess. I just can't believe we laid down like that against a bad team. On paper we are so much better. There are teams that are probably relieved we didn't get in as funny as that sounds. I am not sure what wrong today, did the players just think they could show up and win? I really didn't think that but we should've won in reality. We beat some very good teams down the stretch so I had no reason to believe we would lose today.

32 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

The Chargers Raiders game has to definitely NOT end in a tie for them to be in. Which I think is highly unlikely so basically I would say that they are in. 

Whoever wins that game is also in. The folks on NFL Network said that if the teams wanted to, they could agree to play a time and they will both get in. Former Charger Ladanian Tomlinson dismissed that, saying there is no way the Chargers want to tie with the Raiders. haha

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Whoever wins that game is also in. The folks on NFL Network said that if the teams wanted to, they could agree to play a time and they will both get in. Former Charger Ladanian Tomlinson dismissed that, saying there is no way the Chargers want to tie with the Raiders. haha

I hope it happens. I want both teams to screw over the NFL and that would be the best way to do it. Please, please, please tie so the Steelers don't get in. 

Also, congrats on the Vikes at least winning their final game. 

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

If tonight was a defined preseason game, no one would care about the Herm Edwards cliche which, in this unusual case, would morph to 'you play to enter the tournament'.

This could be defined as a preseason game.

The players could take turns in 'wildcat' kneeldowns, or even yoga streching, or leading the audience in calisthenics, making sure no player suffers kneeldown injury.

Give the NFL the message that the overtime rules should have changed years ago.

@Qwiz Happy New Year. Can it be true that your team may be changing head coaches once again? Why is that? He put up with a lot throughout the year and kept the team together. 

BTW, what did you think of Davis Mills. I wanted the Vikes to draft him, not Mond. (I'm a Stanford fan.)

11 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Also, congrats on the Vikes at least winning their final game

I actually wish they had not. We finish middle of the pack all the time and never have a chance to draft a top QB. The Vikes have never drafted first since I became a fan. The highest I remember is 4th, IIRC.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I actually wish they had not. We finish middle of the pack all the time and never have a chance to draft a top QB. The Vikes have never drafted first since I became a fan. The highest I remember is 4th, IIRC.

I understand. I think the Colts will be in the same boat. 

54 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

9ers are in the same situation as us.. Debo is an absolute weapon

Jimmy G is such a streaky QB. At times he looks like a world beater and at times like a mediocre QB. 

49ers have heart, unlike the Colts. Coming back every time, unlike Frank and Wentz.

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

So, the Vikings beat Chicago.  I had read that based on the outcome of that game, the Colts would play one of them. Will the Colts play the Vikes or the Bears. 

Vikings finished second in their division, the Colts will play them

Bad things happen when OBJ is targeted, Browns know all about it.

The biggest winner of the Rams loss is Tom Brady, go figure.

Another Rodgers vs Brady NFCCG I see happening, we will see. Brady has always gotten the best out of underrated WRs as long as his OL is intact.

I heard that the Raiders are looking to hire Jim Harbaugh. SMH. Why not go with a simple coach. From Gruden to Jim Harbaugh??? 

I would lift the interim tag from the coach they have (I don't know his name.).

On NBC, Dungy recommended Jim Caldwell for Jacksonville because he has developed quarterbacks. 

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Bad things happen when OBJ is targeted, Browns know all about it.

The biggest winner of the Rams loss is Tom Brady, go figure.

Another Rodgers vs Brady NFCCG I see happening, we will see. Brady has always gotten the best out of underrated WRs as long as his OL is intact.

Mmhmm.. the NFC is a bunch of warm weather teams fighting to go to the frozen tundra.. I don't think Tampa will be that lucky this year however

55 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

lol the announcers just compared the Chargers start to the way we played today and Collingsworth quickly chimed in with "nothing is that bad". We are the laughing stock of the league right now

I always mute the TV when Collingsworth is commentating. 

46 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol Taylor ain't even gonna be the league leader in TDs :lol:

God hates Indy today

Well. Vikings know how to come back, 49ers do, Patriots make a game of it, Texans make a game, only the Colts played without heart to fight, IMO. You are what your record says it is and the Colts are a middle of the road inconsistent team over the course of the season that couldn’t finish games all year.

Archived