Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 18 Around-the-NFL Game Discussion

NFLfan

This is the final day of the regular NFL season. It seems to go by so fast. 

There are some important games today, including the Colts game. We have a Colts game thread up. If you are watching something else, what are your thoughts.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel bad for Mike Zimmer. Hopefully he will see that retiring from the game will do him good. Coaching football is too stressful. Look at that Texans coach. It is being reported that he will be out. Why? I would never take that job. It is toxic.

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I feel bad for Mike Zimmer. Hopefully he will see that retiring from the game will do him good. Coaching football is too stressful. Look at that Texans coach. It is being reported that he will be out. Why? I would never take that job. It is toxic.

Yeah I can barely take watching it, I can’t imagine trying to coach haha 

10 minutes ago, poaponies said:

The Texans aren’t going away without a fight 

Yet their coach is expected to be fired after only one year.  It is mind-boggling. 

I am pleased that we gave Mike Zimmer eight years. I don't like a lot of turnover of coaches and front office personnel. But it is time to go. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

Yet their coach is expected to be fired after only one yet. It is mind-boggling. 

I am pleased that we gave Mike Zimmer eight years. I don't like a lot of turnover of coaches and front office personnel. But it is time to go. 

I’m a little bias, I love to see the Texans win.

8 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Steelers about to rear their 15 year domination over us by winning this game..

They are killing a lot of time on the clock. I hope this ends in a 13-13 tie. Third down.

Let me know what happens in this game. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

They are killing a lot of time on the clock. I hope this ends in a 13-13 tie. Third down.

Let me know what happens in this game. 

This is crazy . If they do.. after last week I swore I hated the raiders.. uhg colts really * me off these last two weeks.. after we won Christmas I was sooo proud

11 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Steelers won

But they still may not get into the playoffs. Right? I was so sure the Colts would win that I did not prepare for anything different. 

It is too bad that the Colts did not win the last two games. They needed just one win. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

But they still may not get into the playoffs. Right? I was so sure the Colts would win that I did not prepare for anything different. 

It is too bad that the Colts did not win the last two games. They needed just one win. 

I think the Chargers and Raiders need to tie in order for the Steelers to not get in

13 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I think the Chargers and Raiders need to tie in order for the Steelers to not get in

Thank you. I just checked the standings. That tie that the Steelers got earlier in the year may help them get into the playoffs as long as the Chargers and Raiders game does not end in a tie, as you wrote. 

Dolphins 14 - Pats 0

5 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you. I just checked the standings. That tie that the Steelers got earlier in the year may help them get into the playoffs as long as the Chargers and Raiders game does not end in a tie, as you wrote. 

Dolphins 14 - Pats 0

Playoffs would be better viewing with both Carr and Herbert.

If LAC and LVR kneel down 40 times each at midfield, could that game finish in 90 minutes? Or would NBC just add extra commercials from AT&T, TMobile, Verizon, etc?

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Bills to me are playing real good football and are the biggest threat to the Titans and Chiefs, IMO.

NFC side, I’ve a weird feeling Brady may go 1 and done with the shortages of weapons and pass rush without Barrett.

GB is going to win the SB. Aaron is going to get #2 and walk off like Peyton did. Only 12 QB's have won 2 SB's in 55 played. Aaron should do Jeopardy or even Family Feud lmao . He has the soft spoken voice for it and the sarcasm jokes. I like Aaron, many don't but I have in my Top 6 QB's of all-time. I have:

1. Brady

2. Montana

3. Peyton - 5 League MVP's = most ever + 2 SB wins

4. Unitas

5. Elway

6. Rodgers - has to be, dude just won his 4th MVP (he will) and has a SB win and his TD to INT ratio is so unreal, it looks comical. GB is good every year with him no matter the coach. He is like Peyton in a lot of ways. I go by League MVPs and SB wins as a huge criteria for ranking/stats have to be factored as well - that is for @EastStreet. Unitas actually has 3 Championships but it wasn't the SB in 1958 or 59. I know some will say Otto Graham, yes he is right there but his stats were meh - it was just different back then. Bradshaw's stats were meh too, 4 SB wins but only 1 League MVP. 

Archived