Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 18 Around-the-NFL Game Discussion

NFLfan

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

They had Jacobs stopped there, and no one tried to wrap him up. That was it. Stop him and force a 55 yard FG. 

Steelers are the luckiest damn organization in the entire NFL. 

Steelers and the corpse of Big Ben are going to get blasted anyways lol.

6 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Chargers GM Tom Telesco needs to slap Brandon Staley around a little and lecture him about in-game strategy - the GM puts together a roster that beats Kansas City & a bunch of other teams, and they lose out due to the coach's impulsiveness.

Tom Telesco is from the Bill Polian tree, not his style and if the coach is on good terms with the GM, he gets to stick around in the NFL. Jason Garrett is It’s an example of a yes-man, and Marty is an example of a strong headed coach that got fired

4 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Chargers GM Tom Telesco needs to slap Brandon Staley around a little and lecture him about in-game strategy - the GM puts together a roster that beats Kansas City & a bunch of other teams, and they lose out due to the coach's impulsiveness.

He got a lot of Reich negative qualities in him lol.

15 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Why call the timeout?

Oh well, it was a

Fun fun game!

It was pretty stupid - I think the Raiders were gonna attempt a field goal anyway (with nothing to lose) but the timeout allowed them to get into easily makeable range. 

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Tom Telesco is from the Bill Polian tree, not his style and if the coach is on good terms with the GM, he gets to stick around in the NFL. Jason Garrett is It’s an example of a yes-man, and Marty is an example of a strong headed and coach It’s an example of a yes-man, and Marty is an example of a strong headed head coach that got fired

He fired both Mike McCoy & Anthony Lynn after 3 seasons apiece, and both of them made the playoffs & won a postseason game. (Thanks to Philip Rivers)

3 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

They seem to find ways to win. I wouldn’t look past them. 

Neither would I, but Big Ben is shot - doesn't mean he can't get it done though, Peyton was a shell of himself when he won it all with Denver, a great defense can carry you a long way in the playoffs.

Even if the Raiders lose next weekend at Buffalo, this season has been a success for them and Bisaccia should get some serious consideration as the Raiders coach going forward.

2 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Neither would I, but Big Ben is shot - doesn't mean he can't get it done though, Peyton was a shell of himself when he won it all with Denver, a great defense can carry you a long way in the playoffs.

Even if the Raiders lose next weekend at Buffalo, this season has been a success for them and Bisaccia should get some serious consideration as the Raiders coach going forward.

He’ll be their coach. Absolutely no reason not to keep him around. 

21 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

He’ll be their coach. Absolutely no reason not to keep him around. 

Even if the Raiders hire someone else, Bisaccia will probably interview and get consideration from some of the numerous teams with coaching vacancies this time around.

Up this morning drinking coffee and replaying (in my mind) that insane game last night.

As disappointed as I was in our loss, I'd be downright * if I was a Chargers fan.

It's a very good possibility if they hadn't called that *ic timeout, they'd be in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Up this morning drinking coffee and replaying (in my mind) that insane game last night.

As disappointed as I was in our loss, I'd be downright * if I was a Chargers fan.

It's a very good possibility if they hadn't called that *ic timeout, they'd be in the playoffs.

I was thinking the same thing, their coach has done strange stuff all season. I am not sure how I describe our season. One minute I am thinking we are a SB contender, then the next I really didn't but yesterday blew me away.

8 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

It was pretty stupid - I think the Raiders were gonna attempt a field goal anyway (with nothing to lose) but the timeout allowed them to get into easily makeable range. 

Extremely stupid.   He shouldn't be fired for it, but he should be put on notice.   

Archived