Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Playoffs

sb41champs

Titans are finding a  groove at the right time and having some major chips fall into place.

1.  Their O-line is just now clicking.  They just had the first game in a while w/ all their starters and stayed healthy.

2.  Their D-line same thing as the O-line.  Plus, they've been getting pressure w/ just 4 DL.

3.  Their WR 1/2 have barely played together; looks like both will be there for the playoffs.

4.  Tanny fits what they want to do and looks to have remembered that interceptions are bad.

5.  Derrick Freakin' Henry will most likely be back and well rested.

Don't care if their chances of beating us 3 times is slime.  Their entire season has been "against the odds"

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, craigerb said:

What evidence is there for a team wanting revenge ever being a factor in a game?

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Law of averages, usually if a team blows another team out, they want revenge. When Georgia beats Alabama next week that will be my point.

If it's just "the law of averages", then it isn't a factor. It's only a factor if it tilts the average one way or another. If Georgia beats Alabama, it will be because of something other than revenge (e.g., Georgia is the better team).

On 1/3/2022 at 12:42 PM, Lancer1 said:

We’ll know by tonite – for that to happen, Cleveland has to beat Pittsburgh, who in turn has to beat Baltimore next weekend while the Raiders would have to beat the Chargers, and we’d be the 7th seed while Las Vegas would be #6,

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Pittsburgh wins tonite, and we’d have to beat the Jaguars to get in, no ifs, ands or buts!

Not true.

The Colts would make the playoffs with a 9-8 record if:

Dolphins beat Patriots

Raiders beat Chargers

Ravens beat Steelers

Tweet

Adam Beasley

@AdamHBeasley

Here's something totally bonkers: If the Colts lose to the Jaguars Sunday, the Raiders and Chargers would both get in with a tie. Literally, there would be no motivation for either team to do anything other than kneel it out 15 times each.

No, there is an NFL rule about non-competitiveness. The league would step in and declare a double forfeit.

4 minutes ago, craigerb said:

Tweet

Adam Beasley

@AdamHBeasley

Here's something totally bonkers: If the Colts lose to the Jaguars Sunday, the Raiders and Chargers would both get in with a tie. Literally, there would be no motivation for either team to do anything other than kneel it out 15 times each.

No, there is an NFL rule about non-competitiveness. The league would step in and declare a double forfeit.

So the league will make sure the Raiders - Chargers game matters to them. Advantage Colts!!! :thmup:

5 minutes ago, WentzezLuvChile said:

It's pathetic that its the last game of the season and we're partially relying on other teams just to get in the playoffs.

Not really, we beat the worst team in the league on Sunday and we won't need any help at all!

14 minutes ago, WentzezLuvChile said:

It's pathetic that its the last game of the season and we're partially relying on other teams just to get in the playoffs.

No the Colts aren’t.  They just beat the Jags and they are in.  They control their own destiny against the worst team in the league.  The only thing more you could ask for is to have it at home but even still this is more than enough to say the Colts are in a favorable spot.

12 minutes ago, WentzezLuvChile said:

No we are not relying on other teams. Win and we are in. Only need help if we lose. We can thank god Rams pulled that win out because had ravens won we might of needed help.

9 minutes ago, WentzezLuvChile said:

That's not accurate. Only if the Colts lose would they need help to back into the playoffs.

If they win, they are in, as Lancer1 wrote.

You guys are right.  My statement was completely inaccurate due to my poor wording and inability to proper express my thoughts.

It's bad that it's come down to the last game to a "win and in" and if it's a loss hoping for help.

IMO Never should have got to this point.  There should be a playoff ticket with the Colts name on it prior to this weekend.

Here's where I'm at.

I do think this weekend is a win, but hey it's a divisional game and "any given Sunday" so there is a bit of butt clinching .

I have very little faith that we won't be "one and done"  in the playoffs.  I wouldn't be shock to go home after the first round.

I don't trust these guys at this point.

5 minutes ago, WentzezLuvChile said:

Here's where I'm at.

I do think this weekend is a win, but hey it's a divisional game and "any given Sunday" so there is a bit of butt clinching .

I have very little faith that we won't be "one and done" in the playoffs. 

I don't trust these guys at this point.

If we make it to the playoffs, it'll depend on who we draw first - I think we could beat Cincinnati, everyone else would be a crapshoot.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I would rather play Bills then Bengals. Bills don’t have quite the amount of weapons the Bengals have.

Id rather play anyone else then the Bengals or Chiefs. Both teams are red hot with elite quarterback play that I think would just shred our secondary. This team with Wentz at the helm is not built for a shootout.

27 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Best scenario for us I think. Chiefs win, Titans lose, Bengals lose, Chargers win, we win. That would set up 2 seed vs 7 seed Colts at Titans matchup

Shang Chi GIF by Marvel Studios

Sounds good to me. Take their divisional crown and smash it to pieces. It's a new season now. The playoffs have basically started for us. Bring on the Jags!

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Best scenario for us I think. Chiefs win, Titans lose, Bengals lose, Chargers win, we win. That would set up 2 seed vs 7 seed Colts at Titans matchup

Except in this scenario (assuming Bills and Pats both win too), the Colts would be the 6th seed playing 3rd seed Bills. 

Would need Raiders to beat Chargers to set up Colts in a 2 v 7 with Titans.

2 hours ago, TheNextGM said:

Gimme the Bengals round 1.

Taylor runs for 200 on that D.

Hmmm...this is not the Bengals of past years. The only reason the Chiefs were able to run the ball against them was because of Mahomes and how teams have forced him to stay patient with the Cover 2 shell. Not happening with Wentz, they have a good DL to gang up on JT.

1 hour ago, coltsva said:

Except in this scenario (assuming Bills and Pats both win too), the Colts would be the 6th seed playing 3rd seed Bills. 

Would need Raiders to beat Chargers to set up Colts in a 2 v 7 with Titans.

Titans are not losing again to the Texans, not with A J Brown back. If Browns win, our choices will be between the Chiefs and Bills based on the Raiders, who ya got there?

Assuming Titans, Chiefs, Bills, Colts all win:

Titans 1 seed

Chiefs 2 seed

If Bengals lose Bills are 3 seed, Bengals 4 seed. If Bengals win they are 3 seed, Bills 4 seed. 

No Burrow, others might rest, plus Mixon and maybe more on Covid. Mayfield not playing for Browns, and who knows who else may sit out. This game is a toss up. 

Colts are 5 seed if:

Pats lose to Miami, Chargers beat Raiders

Colts are 6 seed if:

Pats beat Miami, Chargers beat Raiders

Pats lose to Miami, Raiders beat Chargers

Colts are 7 seed if:

Pats beat Miami, Raiders beat Chargers

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

I really think Chargers are going to beat raiders. When chargers lost that Texans game they had a few important guys out with covid. I think colts have a better chance at 5th or 6th seed then the 7th. 

I agree. We're going to watch Chargers beat up on Raiders and think "how did we lose to that team?" 

5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Shang Chi GIF by Marvel Studios

Sounds good to me. Take their divisional crown and smash it to pieces. It's a new season now. The playoffs have basically started for us. Bring on the Jags!

Jonathan Taylor has been having a phenomenal season. Props to him....

but....

The King is back. And he does not share power. See you guys in the playoffs. :)

11 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

but....

You guys want to hear something cool. Taylor or his girlfriend popped up and chatted in Lawrence Owens live stream tonight. He was in one of bring the juice live streams the other night. Don’t know if it was him or his girlfriend or both but that was pretty cool.

9 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

but....

King John succeeded King Henry II (okay, technically, King Richard was in between the two, but for the next line to work we need to ignore that fact).

"The King is dead, Long live the King!"

18 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

but....

Henry is amazing but eventually Taylor is going to take that spot sooner or later.  :)

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Henry is amazing but eventually Taylor is going to take that spot sooner or later.  :)

Perhaps. Even probably. But not for a while.

Titans fans have been waiting for this day since Nov 1st. Henry is still ranked sixth in the league for rushing and seventh in TDs having not played in over two months. And there were more than a few cheesed off Titans fans in Nashville when Taylor was being mentioned for MVP and Henry didn't even get a vote despite a 2000+ yard season, the last player to do that in a 16 game season.

But hey, it's playoff time and now we just wait for where you guys will land. I'm not going to sit here and say you won't get in since even though that's theoretically possible, it's really not going to happen. We just need to go to Houston and take care if business in a revenge match game. At least we're a team that's almost completely healthy not for the first time in months. I doubt Henry will play but they did clear two roster spots today so he could be activated if they want to.

Archived