Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 more on the covid list/ Wentz and others will play if their symptoms are improving

bleed blue4life

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Patrick Miller said:

Totally disagree with your take 

Not surprised though. Some want to be right more than they want the team to win. Some even want to kick the players in their faces. That is just how it goes. Not engaging such kinds on my end.

6 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Sorry, I've said all along that Wentz is an anti-vaxx selfish * that will end up hurting the team. I hope he does have to miss the game. Will serve him right and maybe teach him a lesson or two. Be a better leader. That goes for Leonard on the defense as well.

tenor.gif 

Have we not had enough threads locked down lately? 

5 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Sorry, I've said all along that Wentz is an anti-vaxx selfish * that will end up hurting the team. I hope he does have to miss the game. Will serve him right and maybe teach him a lesson or two. Be a better leader. That goes for Leonard on the defense as well.

Sounds to me like you just want to be right and say "I told you so". You strike me as a person with great character. 

10 minutes ago, presto123 said:

You're entitled to your opinion.

And I'll just  leave it at that. 

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

They will all be back as long as their symptoms see gone. Anyone that goes on though rest of week won’t.

Here’s hoping then. Luckily from what I’ve heard this new variant isn’t as severe as the original or Delta, although it’s easier to catch. I hate to say this, but I’d almost rather our guys get Covid now instead of in the playoffs, because then they don’t have to test for 90 days

1 minute ago, NDWentzFan said:

I think the only symptom they can test for is a fever correct?   The rest is sort of honor system stuff.  So he will play on Saturday. 

Yeah seems likely, unless a guy is just hacking and wheezing or constantly sneezing

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Thanks for posting updates

6 minutes ago, presto123 said:

#1.. hoping he misses a game is pretty *****ish... Sounds like you'd rather be an *** and see your team be without critical players, just to make yourself happy because of your self-inflated view of right/wrong. 

#2.. you shouldn't impose your values/beliefs on others. There's a greater mathematical chance he got it from another vax'd player lol... And if you think a "sport" is so important that it makes someone selfish for choosing a different body-decision than you, than not sure what to tell you. I'm not anti-vax, but I respect others that choose differently than me. 

2 minutes ago, NDWentzFan said:

I think the only symptom they can test for is a fever correct?   The rest is sort of honor system stuff.  So he will play on Saturday. 

Sorry, it is bugging me man!!! :) 

I know we haven't played on Sunday for a while but this week, we are playing on a Sunday. 

9 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Totally disagree with your take 

You one of those anti-vaxxers as well? Indiana hospitals are OVERLOADED with Covid patients. Putting vulnerable people at risk of serious illness/death is not a heroic thing to do and neither is staying unnvaccinated when you know it will likely hurt your team/playoff chances. Wentz just won the Karma Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

#1.. hoping he misses a game is pretty *****ish... Sounds like you'd rather be an *** and see your team be without critical players, just to make yourself happy because of your self-inflated view of right/wrong. 

#2.. you shouldn't impose your values/beliefs on others. There's a greater mathematical chance he got it from another vax'd player lol... And if you think a "sport" is so important that it makes someone selfish for choosing a different body-decision than you, than not sure what to tell you. I'm not anti-vax, but I respect others that choose differently than me. 

I agree, while I don’t necessarily agree with Wentz’ decisions, it is his decision to make. Nothing in his contract takes away his right to make his own health decisions for himself and his family.

Just now, chad72 said:

I thought that was a given, no???

Actually I don’t think so. If I’m not mistaken, once you’ve had Covid (it’s been almost confirmed he does have it) you have antibodies and can’t get it again for 90 days. So then if he was a close contact after he’s cleared, it shouldn’t really matter, right?

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I thought that was a given, no???

I think he's been doing that and has been conscientious about his surroundings.  I admit I did not know until today that he was not vaccinated, but makes sense why he has mask on -- on the sidelines. 

2 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I predict this thread will easily reach 30 pages by Game Day!

Studying Page Turner GIF by US National Archives

Maybe by the end of today!

5 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Raiders are like in the bottom 5 against the run lol

Yeah I agree, if Wentz is out just run it with JT. If Sam has to throw it, limit it to simple screens and slants and let JT and the D handle the rest. Both have proven they’re capable of carrying the team if need be.

Just now, chickenMan said:

Actually I don’t think so. If I’m not mistaken, once you’ve had Covid (it’s been almost confirmed he does have it) you have antibodies and can’t get it again for 90 days. So then if he was a close contact after he’s cleared, it shouldn’t really matter, right?

That makes sense, what you are saying. The question is, do the newly agreed NFL / NFLPA rules fall in line with that logic? We will find out soon enough. 

Now the person we have to worry about would be Taylor.  If he tests positive any day this week he will miss the Raider game.  Same with Pittman.    With the entire OL having COVID it was only a matter of time before the QB got and we just hope the RB can avoid it. 

11 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Yeah I agree, if Wentz is out just run it with JT. If Sam has to throw it, limit it to simple screens and slants and let JT and the D handle the rest. Both have proven they’re capable of carrying the team if need be.

It will be like Jalen Hurts' first game vs Falcons when he was limited as a passer but still highly effective. Rollouts and boot legs, and RPOs with options plus throwing outside the numbers where throwing lanes are clearer. You mix those with the runs, you have a good chance of the element of surprise for at least 1 game before teams can catch on, IMO. Once game film is out for a game, the cat is out of the bag as to what limitations we are working with. Obviously, no one shows everything in pre-season if pre-season is what they game plan for Sam Ehlinger on, IMO. That is why I felt 1 game was the maximum we could expect from Sam for a decent level of productivity.

Just now, NDWentzFan said:

Now the person we have to worry about would be Taylor.  If he tests positive any day this week he will miss the Raider game.  Same with Pittman.    With the entire OL having COVID it was only a matter of time before the QB got and we just hope the RB can avoid it. 

I think we could get through raiders without Taylor. Bur Taylor is vaccinated. So he won’t be tested unless he gets symptoms or is chosen randomly.

2 minutes ago, NDWentzFan said:

no they are both vaccinated the rules state there is no waiting period for vaxed guys   they can play the next day if they have no symptoms

34 minutes ago, Myles said:

You are probably more knowledgeable than I on unions.   Would it depend on how it is phrased?    When my company first mandated that masked need to be wore for safety, the union tried to fight it but was found to not have a leg to stand on in the name of "safety".

They tried that with us too until our lawyer called theirs (they are friends believe it or not) and found out their lawyer didn’t know anything about the mandate and conceded over the phone that we absolutely had a right to bargain over it because it was a condition of employment because they were saying if you weren’t vaccinated you couldn’t work there.  One phone call later the company reluctantly agreed to sit down with us.  I think it’s the do this or you can’t work here is what crosses the line.  In the end for us it ended up being a whole lot of nothing as other than two or three guys at our place people wanted the vaccine mandate but our lawyer urged our business manager to protect our rights to avoid being liable for a lawsuit.  So we basically sat down to say okay we agree.

7 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I agree, while I don’t necessarily agree with Wentz’ decisions, it is his decision to make. Nothing in his contract takes away his right to make his own health decisions for himself and his family.

Yup. I think politics and other stuff drives some of the extreme opinions. At the end of the day, if you're vaccinated, you're protected from unvaccinated... I now know more vax'd people who have caught it, and also transmitted it to their friends and family. All this nonsense about slowing the spread is horse dung. Omicron is proving that it just doesn't matter. And enough doctors have said the vax just makes the virus adapt lol... So unvax'd are only putting themselves at risk IMO. And folks thinking entertainment/sports is soooooo important that it should trump a personal family decision is just detached from reality.

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

no they are both vaccinated the rules state there is no waiting period for vaxed guys   they can play the next day if they have no symptoms

Unless they get it and have symptoms.  The vaccines aren’t 100% against that.  I am more worried about Taylor than Pittman because all the guys around Taylor are coming down with it.  At least being a WR Pittman isn’t packed in there with the QB and line who have it all practice long.  Here’s hoping both guys vaccines work though and it’s a non-issue.

Archived