Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Cardinals Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Badgely has shown he has no range. It’s time to go back to hot Rod.

That's a tough one.  Who do you trust more to hit a 49 yarder in the playoffs?  I don't feel great about either one, honestly.  

Do you screw with it now, with 3 games left?  That's what it probably comes down to.  

To get that win under those circumstances on the road on Christmas is very impressive.    Wentz played his butt off.  He had some crappy throws, but he also had some incredible throws.  The TD to Patmon was an incredible throw .     The guy is far better than a lot of people give him credit for.  

Thank you, Gentlemen:rock:

I gotta share this with all of you…

In my neighborhood, I am surrounded by fans of this team we beat today.

I had to work and towards the end of my shift I put on a Colts t-shirt.

Some gave me thumbs down and another person told me to take it off.

I did not have to say a thing.

Now, my Colts Flag will fly facing a house flying that other team’s flag

and smile when I see those guys at work.

I really can’t stand the cardinals!

I am sending out a big Thanks to the Colts Fans at the game:applause:

What a very nice Christmas gift you gave us…me :thmup:

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This throw and catch was so good. Wentz took a big hit too.

Also what about that Hines catch.

Hines had a couple of really nice grabs tonight.  It would be nice to see him re-emerge in the passing game.  He’s become a forgotten man, all be it understandably so, with Taylor have a MVP level season.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Hines had a couple of really nice grabs tonight.  It would be nice to see him re-emerge in the passing game.  He’s become a forgotten man, all be it understandably so, with Taylor have a MVP level season.

I wish they would rotate Hines as our slot receiver. He would give that extra spark to our offense

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Doyle is like a extra lineman. Winning that with him going out too was crazy.

I am glad Davenport took the penalties rather then letting Wentz get hit. The fact Wentz was able to throw on that last drive says Davenport did ok.

Wonder if Campbell will be back for raiders.

And there were several times him not being there was noticeable.  You didn’t see the wham blocks on the run to pick up the safety or linebacker coming free from the backside.  Budda Baker blew up more than one run play that way tonight.  

I’ll say this Davenport was testing the you can’t call holding every play theory tonight.  He grabbed a lot and probably should have picked up a couple more flags than he did.

Maybe the biggest moment of the game - we went for it on 4th down, failed,, and turned it over on downs at the 35 or whatever.  The stage is set for them to march down the field and take control of the game.  Instead the D gets a 3 and out.  In the past 20 years, I could count on one hand the times a Colt D got a 3 and out in a similar situation.

19 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Fisher has been less than good. 

Davenport has been worse than bad. Let’s hope that absence is not a long one. And we’re certainly not going to give him any help so it’s just going to be a a glaring hole. 

I think they'll kick Pryor to LT once Glow and Nelson get back. He's been good there.

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I think they'll kick Pryor to LT once Glow and Nelson get back. He's been good there.

Pryor has been good there?   At left tackle?

I’m not sure Pryor has played a single down at LT.   I believe all of his tackle snaps have been at right tackle.   Or am I misunderstanding you?   

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Pryor has been good there?   At left tackle?

I’m not sure Pryor has played a single down at LT.   I believe all of his tackle snaps have been at right tackle.   Or am I misunderstanding you?   

I think your right it's been awhile and he played RT when Smith was hurt and did a decent job. I still think you let him play LT over Davenport if Fisher is out. He's the better player we've seen how bad Davenport can be.

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

This is great. I said before game watch out for the punter being on covid list. He wasn’t there to hold and it hurt them.

Ballard just admiring the machine that he's built lol. Need to keep CB in Indy for many, many years.

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

I think your right it's been awhile and he played RT when Smith was hurt and did a decent job. I still think you let him play LT over Davenport if Fisher is out. He's the better player we've seen how bad Davenport can be.

I think it’s important to see if he can play left tackle. We need to know if he can be a swing tackle and play the other side. Or maybe he is actually good at it and could be future.

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Yes, absolutely you go with Pryor at LT.   I’m not as down on Davenport as others here are.   But Pryor is clearly the much better backup option right now.   If Fisher can’t go, we turn to Pryor and take our chances.   

The Wentz thing is so strange I have never seen a group of national media, local media, NFL Fans, and Colts Fans hang on every throw he makes.  One minutes tweets saying how he is the worst QB in the league because he started the 3rd Q slow and missed some throws and then the next minutes MVP Wentz is back.   I don't think it is like that with any other player in the league.  Its either you hate him and wait for a OMG BAD throw he will make once or twice a game and run to a message board or twitter and post or you a stan and wait for an OMG GOOD throw he will make once or twice a game and run to a message board or twitter and post. 

Regardless of the roller coaster everyone lives by on each throw the results say he is a TOP 10 QB in the NFL will more then likey (if he plays) end the year with right around 30 TDs and under 10 INTs and his team after a terrible start will be heading towards the playoffs after an impressive road win.  Its like people refuse for whatever reason to look at the entire body of work and just focus on the few shock plays each game. 

Like tonight people say he played like trash and had a clutch drive.  He was 18-28  225 Yards  2 TDs  0 Turnovers passer rating of 113.0   Like you don't get those numbers playing like trash all game and having 1 good drive at the end of the game.  The people who trash him are just looking at the 1-6 to start the 3rd Q and claim he played like trash all game. 

People see the ESPN plays the shovel pass to Aaron Donald or the left handed INT and just say he has been trash all year long.  Fact is he has been at TOP 10 QB this season. 

5 minutes ago, NDWentzFan said:

The Wentz thing is so strange I have never seen a group of national media, local media, NFL Fans, and Colts Fans hang on every throw he makes.  One minutes tweets saying how he is the worst QB in the league because he started the 3rd Q slow and missed some throws and then the next minutes MVP Wentz is back.   I don't think it is like that with any other player in the league.  Its either you hate him and wait for a OMG throw he will make once or twice a game and run to a message board or twitter and post or you a stan and wait for an OMG GOOD throw he will make once or twice a game and run to a message board or twitter and post. 

Regardless of the roller coaster everyone lives by on each throw the results say he is a TOP 10 QB in the NFL will more then likey (if he plays) end the year with right around 30 TDs and under 10 INTs and his team after a terrible start will be heading towards the playoffs after an impressive road win.  Its like people refuse for whatever reason to look at the entire body of work and just focus on the few shock plays each game. 

Like tonight people say he played like trash and had a clutch drive.  He was 18-28  225 Yards  2 TDs  0 Turnovers passer rating of 113.0   Like you don't get those numbers playing like trash all game and having 1 good drive at the end of the game.  The people who trash him are just looking at the 1-6 to start the 3rd Q and claim he played like trash all game. 

People see the ESPN plays the shovel pass to Aaron Donald or the left handed INT and just say he has been trash all year long.  Fact is he has been at TOP 10 QB this season. 

Let them learn the hard way lol.

8 minutes ago, NDWentzFan said:

The Wentz thing is so strange I have never seen a group of national media, local media, NFL Fans, and Colts Fans hang on every throw he makes.  One minutes tweets saying how he is the worst QB in the league because he started the 3rd Q slow and missed some throws and then the next minutes MVP Wentz is back.   I don't think it is like that with any other player in the league.  Its either you hate him and wait for a OMG throw he will make once or twice a game and run to a message board or twitter and post or you a stan and wait for an OMG GOOD throw he will make once or twice a game and run to a message board or twitter and post. 

I’m not sure I’d go as far as saying CW is top-10, but I think he’s been top-12/14-ish.   And that’s playoff level.   And that’s what I was hoping for.   

So he has met my hopes and expectations.  And, as I’ve been saying all season long,  I think Wentz will be even better next year. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m not sure I’d go as far as saying CW is top-10, but I think he’s been top-12/14-ish.   And that’s playoff level.   And that’s what I was hoping for.   

So he has met my hopes and expectations.  And, as I’ve been saying all season long,  I think Wentz will be even better next year. 

Alot of stats point to him being in the top 10.  I think QBR he is up to #5 now. 

14 minutes ago, NDWentzFan said:

Alot of stats point to him being in the top 10.  I think QBR he is up to #5 now. 

Good stat!   Thanks, I didn’t know that.

I’m not saying there isn’t a case to be made.  I guess I’m saying that if you rank all 32 starting NFL quarterbacks and said start picking, I’m not sure I quite see CW that high.   Close.   But for me I think he’s just outside the top-10. 

Oooo that was rough to watch! 

heard Frank say in the postgame presser ‘I told the offensive staff, he will make a big play in the 4th quarter, Carson will mage big plays’ - well frank it looks like you were right!

What a Dub, Merry bloody Christmas you filthy animals.

Go Colts.

Archived