Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darious Leonard Best Season & DPOY?

TaylorStillTruckedYou

Am I missing something here?  I know everyone has being pushing MVP for Taylor, but why hasn’t Leonard been discussed for DPOY ANYWHERE?  I may be biased, but even hurt I feel like this is possibly his best season he has had.  You may mention tackles, but it’s more than just tackles.  Pat Angerer led us in tackles before, but Leonard is maybe having his most impactful year this year.  

Thoughts?

He has the most fumbles of his career with 5. Otherwise he has 93 comb tackles 53 solo. 2 INT and 0 sacks this year. 2 QB hits. 

He has over 100 tackles every season, so this is par for the course for him. To me they don't look like DPOY stats but I dont know what the rest of the league looks like. 

Aside from turnovers, it's been a bit of a down year overall. 

The ankle has hurt his production. Oke has more tackles... 

Great year though given his injury. Total team guy fighting through it, and crazy how he's shifted his focus to turnovers (he even talked about this).

4 hours ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Am I missing something here?  I know everyone has being pushing MVP for Taylor, but why hasn’t Leonard been discussed for DPOY ANYWHERE?  I may be biased, but even hurt I feel like this is possibly his best season he has had.  You may mention tackles, but it’s more than just tackles.  Pat Angerer led us in tackles before, but Leonard is maybe having his most impactful year this year.  

Thoughts?

The kid from Dallas is tearing it up as well

3 hours ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Just as far as impact goes, I just don’t think we are 6-6 without him.  Sacks are an over inflated stat.  Turnovers should outweigh a lot of those statistical arguments 

Sacks and pressures are just different. And pressures cause INTs.

It's all part of the equation.

When I look at LBs and DBs, I normally look at how many TDs they've given up vs how many turnovers (INTs + FoFu). 

In DL's case, he's given up 3 TDs vs 5 FoFus + 2 INTs. So +4....  Darn good.

But I wouldn't diminish pressures/sacks. At least one of the INTs he got was a product of a great pressure (I think it was the TN game). It was right too DL. The FoFus are mostly him, but sometimes some other players stands the player up. His peanut punch is brilliant though.

Archived