Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Open Letter to Carson Wentz

Nickster

How many is that now? 5-6? I hope he keeps doing it and then (hopefully) some video-savvy individual (with a bit of time on their hands) will put together a compilation of all of them. Maybe add some Yakety Sax for fun.

But seriously, has Wentz always done this? I know people talked about hero ball before he got here, but I just took that to mean YOLO shots off his back foot or throwing into really tight spots...I never heard anything about LH passes.

Edit: Maybe 5-6 is too high. But I can remember the one in the JAC game, the one in the second TEN game and the one in the LAR game (shuffle pass). I seem to remember a few other times where he flipped it falling down, but not sure how many were LH passes.

18 minutes ago, #12. said:

Only bring it out in a hopeless 4th down, 4th quarter situation.

Maybe he should have grounded it, but the Tennessee pick 6 was preferable to a safety.  

Actually no, If he had taken a safety the game would have ended without us getting the ball again so no chance at overtime. It was a stupid play but that one worked to our favor

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

Actually no, If he had taken a safety the game would have ended without us getting the ball again so no chance at overtime. It was a stupid play but that one worked to our favor

from my perspective he should have thrown it at the RBs feet when he saw the play was blown up.  Instead he turned - looking to make something happen - and then lost any chance of killing the play.

Lack of situational awareness.  In the end zone with with a screen pass getting blown up.  You kill that play, live to play another down.

6 minutes ago, gspdx said:

from my perspective he should have thrown it at the RBs feet when he saw the play was blown up.  Instead he turned - looking to make something happen - and then lost any chance of killing the play.

Lack of situational awareness.  In the end zone with with a screen pass getting blown up.  You kill that play, live to play another down.

Yeah this is really the point of my post.  It goes beyond the ole left handers.  I see this guy, and sometimes I'm thinking, you know, man this dude can really play, then it's just a Homer Simpson DOH!

It's hard to really comprehend.  I guess Favre was like that, though I don't remember the desperate stupidity that Wentz displays on a regular basis, just bad throws into tight spots.  I wish we could find Eags fans to tell us if he was always like that.  JUST.  THROW.  IT.  AWAY.

3 hours ago, shasta519 said:

How many is that now? 5-6? I hope he keeps doing it and then (hopefully) some video-savvy individual (with a bit of time on their hands) will put together a compilation of all of them. Maybe add some Yakety Sax for fun.

But seriously, has Wentz always done this? I know people talked about hero ball before he got here, but I just took that to mean YOLO shots off his back foot or throwing into really tight spots...I never heard anything about LH passes.

Edit: Maybe 5-6 is too high. But I can remember the one in the JAC game, the one in the second TEN game and the one in the LAR game (shuffle pass). I seem to remember a few other times where he flipped it falling down, but not sure how many were LH passes.

YEs I should have added shuffle passes that were not called in the huddle.

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Mahomes does it :funny:

He's quite a bit better at it than Wentz.  He's a better athlete and much, much more elusive than CW too.  He can get out of a lot more. 

Yes Wentz can move but he's Marino ca. 1992 compared to Mahomey.

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

He's quite a bit better at it than Wentz.  He's a better athlete and much, much more elusive than CW too.  He can get out of a lot more. 

Yes Wentz can move but he's Marino ca. 1992 compared to Mahomey.

You do realize I was joking right

50 minutes ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

It's funny, when Mahomes does it the commentary is that he's a genius. When Wentz does it everyone says he's taking a huge risk.

Results matter.

And things are catching up with Mahomes this year too.

Archived