Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blackmon Placed on IR *Updated*

CR91

On 10/21/2021 at 4:51 PM, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Every one keeps bringing up the Ravens, the biggest difference is this, the big season ending injuries were mostly to RBs, (Excluding Peters and now Stanley who has missed most of the last 2 years anyway). And even if these RBs were playing at the end of the day their top runner is Jackson. If the Jackson had been the only player injured theyd be 1-5 themselves (and even now 2-3 of the games they won, should have been losses but just enough luck at the end). Compared to us where our QB, our LT, LG, our C, our WR2 all were injured before season. Our SS and FS now, Our CBS1 and 2 our CB 4, injured. our WLB injured, our DE1 injured. Our PK injured

ravens have 17 guys on  Ir far more than running backs .  then add in the non season ending injuries they got hit way harder besides the QB .

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Homer Blank Stare GIF by MOODMAN- I guess messing around with him was the wrong idea lmao 

But seriously I’m not all that high on Blackmon, he struggles in deep and intermediate coverage and hasn’t improved yet though like his hitting and our d line ain’t helping our secondary, but the Achilles isn’t the death sentence it’s generally been.  Guys are getting back to playing within a year.  

On 10/21/2021 at 4:38 PM, Wentzszn said:

Look at this chiefs Titans injury report. What is going on in the NFL this year. It’s been horrendous. Then add tonight browns missing mayfield, Chubb, and Hunt along with a bunch of others.

THIS IS FOOTBALL!!!!!!!  THIS AINT NO GARDEN PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!

ric flair GIF

3 minutes ago, Nickster said:

But seriously I’m not all that high on Blackmon, he struggles in deep and intermediate coverage and hasn’t improved yet though like his hitting and our d line ain’t helping our secondary, but the Achilles isn’t the death sentence it’s generally been.  Guys are getting back to playing within a year.  

I think Blackmon is a good talent but I agree with your take, Blackmon isnt a Bob for example. Problem is our secondary has struggled all year. Any injuries hurt that area.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Blackmon had his surgery today.

Glad to hear, Campbell just had his as well.  Looking forward to these guys getting "on the mend" and re-joining the Colts in a year.  I know Fisher isn't quite what he wants to be after his surgery so I'd give Blackmon a full year for him to be back to 85 to 90 percent of what he was, which is pretty darn good for this injury.

I feel bad for him and had very high hopes for Blackmon, but think he is an average to below average safety when healthy

Getting him back next year, isnt a solution that will bring much difference to one the worst pass defenses in football

We arent getting much PR, but at least a percentage of the extremely poor pass defense is the safety play

We need a playmaking safety, to go with the need of an additional pass rusher

(even if its a 3rd down guy that can rotate in)

I hope we invest in the off season (again) for these two critical spots, until we find the right guys

The good news.... sarcasm alert.....  we cant be the 38th ranked pass defense  :)

On 10/21/2021 at 8:16 AM, DougDew said:

I agree about Tell.

I'm neither a Ballard worshipper (obvious), but I'm not a Ballard second guesser as much as some have evolved into being.  But there is some lack of vision if the FO thought that Willis could be anything but an in-the-box SS.  Given that limitation, he's really not a C2 half-field deep safety.  Relying upon him and Blackmon to man the deep halves was doomed to problems, IMO.

Maybe they feel comfortable with Odum in a pinch, or maybe they thought (hoped) Tell would show more.....or that 5th round draft pick Davis would stick.    A lot of wannabe hope-it-works-out type of thinking, IMO.

Ballard needs to go.

19 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

Glad to hear, Campbell just had his as well.  Looking forward to these guys getting "on the mend" and re-joining the Colts in a year.  I know Fisher isn't quite what he wants to be after his surgery so I'd give Blackmon a full year for him to be back to 85 to 90 percent of what he was, which is pretty darn good for this injury.

I wouldn't b surprised if Campbell is cut before training camp. Totally made out of glass. Now Blackmon with a previous ACL and  now an Achilles. The future does not look to bright for our supposed young talent laden team.

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Blackmon is a good talent but I agree with your take, Blackmon isnt a Bob for example. Problem is our secondary has struggled all year. Any injuries hurt that area.

The secondary is a mess and I don't see a bright future for this group.

57 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I wouldn't b surprised if Campbell is cut before training camp. Totally made out of glass. Now Blackmon with a previous ACL and  now an Achilles. The future does not look to bright for our supposed young talent laden team.

They aren’t going to cut Campbell . But he will be a luxery and they will be looking for his replacement in the offseason. That way he isn’t being relied on during the season. Only way he would be cut if we were just so deep with 5 or 6 receivers: That probably isn’t happening. 

Blackmon is looking like another Hooker as far as injuries

12 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

They aren’t going to cut Campbell . But he will be a luxery and they will be looking for his replacement in the offseason. That way he isn’t being relied on during the season. Only way he would be cut if we were just so deep with 5 or 6 receivers: That probably isn’t happening. 

Blackmon is looking like another Hooker as far as injuries

Hooker graded a whole lot better his first two years though... 

Likely without a 1st, and a lot of other holes to fill, doubt we draft a WR early, and also doubt we spend big in FA. Wouldn't be shocked to see them keep PC and Coutee, and just roll with whoever can keep healthy. Also wouldn't be shocked to see TY back another year if he can play well down the stretch. If not, bargain FA or mid round pick.

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Hooker graded a whole lot better his first two years though... 

Likely without a 1st, and a lot of other holes to fill, doubt we draft a WR early, and also doubt we spend big in FA. Wouldn't be shocked to see them keep PC and Coutee, and just roll with whoever can keep healthy. Also wouldn't be shocked to see TY back another year if he can play well down the stretch. If not, bargain FA or mid round pick.

I said the similarities were with injuries. Nothing else.

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I think our holes arent many

Needs (In no order)

1) Pass Rush rotational end

I'm not giving up on Dayo or Paye, but we need a pure pass rusher for long downs at LDE 

2) Difference maker Safety

3) LT to develop (weak class, little chance a blue chip falls to round 2)

4) CB to develop

5) WR / TE

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

I think our holes arent many

We need a LT to develop, 1 Pass rusher (even a part timer), we need a play making safety, we could use a CB to develop.

1) Pass Rush

2) Safety

3) LT to develop

4) CB to develop

It's going to be interesting. We have a lot of FAs. 7 starters and several other depth guys. 

As far as your list, only Paye, Dayo, and Banogu are DEs under contract. Lewis, AQM, Turay, Rochell are FAs. Could resign some of those guys on the cheap, or look for others. Safety to me needs to be addressed, but doubt they'll give up on the 1-2 punch of Blackmon/Willis. I also get the feeling Ballard will extend Fisher. Personally I'd go after Leno. If Rhodes doesn't rebound big time, CB would be my top priority. Both our TEs are FAs too. 2 of our 3 starting WRs are.... I think Mike needs to be addressed too.

On 10/22/2021 at 9:09 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I was a middle weight when doing all that running, around 155-160 but still I was putting pressure on my legs, knees, and feet by running everyday like that. 

Running straight ahead for 7 miles a day is in no way a comparison to the lateral movements, the starting, stopping and sudden change of directions that football players make. 

As a fellow runner though, I developed 6 bone spurs (3 on each foot) and had zero cartilage in my right big toe so now it is fused. That is a more typical injury for straight line runners, as well as plantar fasciitis I would think.....

Archived