Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blackmon Placed on IR *Updated*


CR91
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Trade Mack for one. 

I said 2 weeks ago I think we could trade Mack for at least a 4th rounder, when many were saying a 5th at best and probably a 6th. Mack looks healthy and running well. I would shoot for a 3rd round pick, he could put a team over the top like the Ravens for example. With that pick we can draft a CB or safety of our choice but Ballard needs to nail it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Were you supportive of Hooker while he was here?

 

I supported re-signing him last spring.  Hooker was not worth a first rounder, but was far from a bust.  The guy was generally a solid player, and if he could have been re-signed for peanuts, why not?  He was better than what you are left with.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BProland85 said:

This loss of Blackmon for the season could be the dagger in the Colts season. He was playing very good football at the safety position, and now what already is a weakness due to injuries in the secondary, is even more a weakness with our pass defense. 

 

This simply sucks. Injuries have plagued this team.

Dont worry the pass rush will take so much more pres.....nevermind.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hate to say it, but Blackmon covered Willis' rear a lot, so hoping this doesn't mean opponents will go after Willis even more, that would translate into several big plays a game instead of 2-3 on Willis side. Just not a good situation in our secondary all the way around now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our secondary is just annihilated. Our run defense needs to step up and become what it was last year. 3rd and 10s are the only chance we have of not letting teams drop 30+ on us

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For the life of me I don't see how anyone can tear their Achilles during a practice. I ran 7 miles a day for over 10 years and ran the mini-marathon in 2 hours when I was 35 and never tore anything. Sore yes but tear's no. Something is going on with our training staff with all these feet injuries.   

change of direction plus burst and power that you simply wont even get close to on a simple 7 mile jog or a mini marathon

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bestQBever said:

Our secondary is just annihilated. Our run defense needs to step up and become what it was last year. 3rd and 10s are the only chance we have of not letting teams drop 30+ on us

change of direction plus burst and power that you simply wont even get close to on a simple 7 mile jog or a mini marathon

I have done sprints as well but good point not much change in direction. I just look at Campbell's injury too and SMH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

The Ravens had a ton of injuries (a couple season ending) to start the year and they are playing well. It’s Ballard’s fault for not having quality backups pieces (and the Colts DO NOT have many) and it’s Reichs fault for allowing the Colts to lose these “winnable games” So yes, it is their fault

Every one keeps bringing up the Ravens, the biggest difference is this, the big season ending injuries were mostly to RBs, (Excluding Peters and now Stanley who has missed most of the last 2 years anyway). And even if these RBs were playing at the end of the day their top runner is Jackson. If the Jackson had been the only player injured theyd be 1-5 themselves (and even now 2-3 of the games they won, should have been losses but just enough luck at the end). Compared to us where our QB, our LT, LG, our C, our WR2 all were injured before season. Our SS and FS now, Our CBS1 and 2 our CB 4, injured. our WLB injured, our DE1 injured. Our PK injured

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Haha ok nobody is saying injuries are Ballard or Franks fault but seriously when the team stinks who else's fault would it be. The players of course? Well Ballard drafted them and Frank coaches them. I get there is a lot of hate on this board when things go bad but they have to face criticism when its not working because they are the ones in charge. 

 

3 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

 

Can’t blame the general manager when there aren’t quality backups on the team? Can’t blame the head coach for poor play calling and game management? Are you upset that people aren’t happy the Colts are terrible this year and weren’t prepared to play a long season.

 

It was a joke about Ballard seemingly responsible for everything. It was in response to the title of the thread, not where fans seem to need to take everything. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Haha ok nobody is saying injuries are Ballard or Franks fault but seriously when the team stinks who else's fault would it be. The players of course? Well Ballard drafted them and Frank coaches them. I get there is a lot of hate on this board when things go bad but they have to face criticism when its not working because they are the ones in charge. 

Actually we don't stink, talk about them after week 8. Too early still to say we stink. If we lose to the 49ers and Titans then you can pull the stink post Stinks P U GIF by Padma Lakshmi- JMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually we don't stink, talk about them after week 8. Too early still to say we stink. If we lose the 49ers and Titans then you can pull the stink post Stinks P U GIF by Padma Lakshmi- JMO

I didnt say we stink, ive actually said many times we will have 10 wins at the end. Just saying when we do stink its ok to criticize management. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For the life of me I don't see how anyone can tear their Achilles during a practice. I ran 7 miles a day for over 10 years and ran the mini-marathon in 2 hours when I was 35 and never tore anything. Sore yes but tear's no. Something is going on with our training staff with all these feet injuries.   

could it be our turf

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

It happened on grass field

Stephen Reed had a really good article with studies that have shown it’s not the turf that causes the injury but the constant pounding day after day on it. But with the colts they practice outside on grass most of the time. Only  play 8 games on the turf so not sure if that could be applicable here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, shasta519 said:


Rodgers would make some sense, but he will be a liability in the run game.

Yup. I've watch a bit more of his tape. He's a tiny dude, so there's that "natural" concern. But he's just very inconsistent. Some times he looks like he's a willing tackler, other times like he's afraid. I guess if you just try and keep him out of downhill plays he'd be fine.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Kenny Moore was a Free Safety at Valdosta moreso than a corner. Move him back and let Rodgers play the slot.

Might work. Still scary. Kenny has been burnt a lot this year on anything vertical. Not sure I like the thought of Rodgers vs TEs. Mike create problems at both positions. Just no great answers IMO>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Might work. Still scary. Kenny has been burnt a lot this year on anything vertical. Not sure I like the thought of Rodgers vs TEs. Mike create problems at both positions. Just no great answers IMO>

At least we know Moore would be a willing tackler.  With CB room being beat up too not sure we can lose any of them to safety.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

At least we know Moore would be a willing tackler.  With CB room being beat up too not sure we can lose any of them to safety.

 

Carrie being out has impacted a lot of our flexibility. He wasn't elite, but he was a great NB backup, and pretty decent on the outside too as a backup.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For the life of me I don't see how anyone can tear their Achilles during a practice. I ran 7 miles a day for over 10 years and ran the mini-marathon in 2 hours when I was 35 and never tore anything. Sore yes but tear's no. Something is going on with our training staff with all these feet injuries.   


I am guessing you were a lean, fit runner.

 

Professional athletes are getting bigger, stronger and faster, but the Achilles’ tendon isn’t getting bigger and stronger. They have the same Achilles as you. And because they are bigger, stronger and faster, the pressure they put on that Achilles is immense, even in practice.

 

There’s also a chance that Blackmon is just prone to soft tissue injuries as well. That’s two in two calendar years I believe.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, shasta519 said:


I am guessing you were a lean, fit runner.

 

Professional athletes are getting bigger, stronger and faster, but the Achilles’ tendon isn’t getting bigger and stronger. They have the same Achilles as you. And because they are bigger, stronger and faster, the pressure they put on that Achilles is immense, even in practice.

 

There’s also a chance that Blackmon is just prone to soft tissue injuries as well. That’s two in two calendar years I believe.

Yeah I was a middle weight when doing all that running, around 155-160 but still I was putting pressure on my legs, knees, and feet by running everyday like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For the life of me I don't see how anyone can tear their Achilles during a practice. I ran 7 miles a day for over 10 years and ran the mini-marathon in 2 hours when I was 35 and never tore anything. Sore yes but tear's no. Something is going on with our training staff with all these feet injuries.   

 

I never heard of an achilles injury in distance running. i personally know 2 guys who tore it in pick up basketball in their 20s or 30s, and another late 40s dude tore it in a rec league soccer match. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Nickster said:

 

I never heard of an achilles injury in distance running. i personally know 2 guys who tore it in pick up basketball in their 20s or 30s, and another late 40s dude tore it in a rec league soccer match. 

I have played basketball a bunch but I was younger, in my teens, 20's and 30's and the only thing I ever did was break a growth plate in my foot (it was my ankle) when I was 18. It healed in 6 weeks. I came down on someones foot is why. We are talking pro athlete's who are well conditioned, much better than me and they go out in practice and tear something. That just baffles me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have played basketball a bunch but I was younger, in my teens, 20's and 30's and the only thing I ever did was break a growth plate in my foot (it was my ankle) when I was 18. It healed in 6 weeks. I came down on someones foot is why. We are talking pro athlete's who are well conditioned, much better than me and they go out in practice and tear something. That just baffles me.

Sounds like it was non contact too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have played basketball a bunch but I was younger, in my teens, 20's and 30's and the only thing I ever did was break a growth plate in my foot (it was my ankle) when I was 18. It healed in 6 weeks. I came down on someones foot is why. We are talking pro athlete's who are well conditioned, much better than me and they go out in practice and tear something. That just baffles me.

The more athletic you are the more likely you are to tear an achilles, an ACL, etc.  Most of us don't generate enough torque, pressure, etc. to do this type of damage. 

 

Who do you know who has torn an Achilles or an ACL (pro or regular guy) outside of doing sports?  I've never heard of a regular person tearing an Achilles in normal, everyday activities.  Maybe it happens, but I wouldn't think very frequently.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

The more athletic you are the more likely you are to tear an achilles, an ACL, etc.  Most of us don't generate enough torque, pressure, etc. to do this type of damage. 

 

Who do you know who has torn an Achilles or an ACL (pro or regular guy) outside of doing sports?  I've never heard of a regular person tearing an Achilles in normal, everyday activities.  Maybe it happens, but I wouldn't think very frequently.

I don't know anyone who has but to me a pro athlete should rarely tear an Achilles. Kobe did but he was 37 and that was in a game. I am talking practice though Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I respect your opinion and I actually like you. I just mess with you a little. I just don't get how someone who is in practice could tear something that is well conditioned much more than me.

Well me neither exactly like medically speaking.  
 

But well trained athletes almost certainly put more stress on connective tissue than they’ve evolved to handle, so to me it makes sense, but

 

Beware Spider Man GIF

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...