Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Caldwell, Jim Mora, Ron Meyer, Mike McCormack all have something in common

horseshoepower

1980 7-9 1981 2-14 McCormack fired

1990 7-9 1991 1-15 Meyer was let go five games into the season and replaced by Rick Venturi who was replaced at the end of season

2000 10-6 2001 6-10 More fired

2010 10-6 2011 2-14 Caldwell fired

2020 11-5 2021 0-2 

hopefully this turns around for Frank, but I've seen this script before, who will be the next Colts coach?

I highly doubt Reich gets fired after this season. 

Jim Irsay strives for continuity. Reich as the HC is a big reason why they traded for Wentz. I think it's way too early to think Reich is gone after this season. Maybe a possibility after next year if that season is a struggle.

As bad as we have watched this team play it's only been two games. Some of the bad has came from guys we know are very good. (injuries might be playing a part in it) Plus, it takes time for the QB to settle in and Wentz really didn't have much of a training camp.

I'm not saying I think everything is going well and there are not serious concerns moving forward but I firmly believe Reich will be retained as HC.

Unfortunately, we're stuck with frank. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. Dakich said he went to a restaurant and had lunch the other day.  He ran into a ex coach, didn't specify who. Anyway him and Dakich talked and didn't understand how irsay is putting up with what's going on. I guess they meant with both Ballard and irsay.

But to those who say it's too early, we're only 2 games in.... his coaching has been questionable from the start.

His coaching has arguably cost us 2 Division titles.

His Gung Ho go for it on 4th down approach is often wreckless. Not playing for the tie vs Tennessee was the difference in winning the division.  Going for the win was a very low percentage gamble and the loss instead of a tie hurt us in the division..... 

Not benching Vinny who was struggling to make extra points let alone field goals also cost us games and another division title.

His play calling is often head scratching and lack of creative play design is disappointing,  especially when we were led to expect otherwise before he took over.

But the thing is even if or whenever he moves on, based on previous irsay  hires and history of colts,(outside of Dungy), do we really expect different? 

He was a "emergency signing " that should have only been temporary.... and then I don't know why the hurry to extend him 5 years!  :scratch:

he just got his extension lol. They are starting over, another 5 years. 

Frank's behavior will change before he is fired. 

his schemes are fine. game management is highly questionable. So are his personell decisions, but from what I understand that is up to the position coaches. (talking about personnell groupings on the field, not who we bring to the Colts)

"And its hines again, up the middle for a 2 yard gain...."

2 hours ago, horseshoepower said:

1980 7-9 1981 2-14 McCormack fired

1990 7-9 1991 1-15 Meyer was let go five games into the season and replaced by Rick Venturi who was replaced at the end of season

2000 10-6 2001 6-10 More fired

2010 10-6 2011 2-14 Caldwell fired

2020 11-5 2021 0-2 

hopefully this turns around for Frank, but I've seen this script before, who will be the next Colts coach?

Are you not aware that we just signed Frank to a 4-year extension when he still had 2-years to go on his contract?

Yes, that means Frank has 6 years of job security.   That’s among the most in the NFL.  

Odds are the Colts could go 0-17 this year and Frank is still not getting fired.   Irsay and Ballard love Reich.   He’s not going anywhere. 

57 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

he just got his extension lol. They are starting over, another 5 years. 

Frank's behavior will change before he is fired. 

his schemes are fine. game management is highly questionable. So are his personell decisions, but from what I understand that is up to the position coaches. (talking about personnell groupings on the field, not who we bring to the Colts)

"And its hines again, up the middle for a 2 yard gain...."

Just some interesting things to me... 

• Only extended through 26, while several other coaches are getting contracts in the 8-10 year range
  • When he was hired, he got basically what Pagano was getting paid (4.5M/year). Haven't seen what his new $/year is.
  • He was bottom half paid coach, guessing they got him in the top half, but not top 10.

On personnel... I was a bit surprised when he shared that his RB coach had full control of who's in and who's out... He also said at that presser he saw Hines and JT as interchangeable. Pretty obvious they are not, but the sentiment makes sense when we see Hines up the gut.... 

Just adds more support to the narrative that he lacks feel for the game.

I am hoping we beat the Titans this week, and instead of talking about this, we are talking about competing to win  the AFC south, still to say he is invincible no matter what happens just because he got a contract extension in the offseason seems shortsighted. It's hard to say how the AFC south will play out, win the division, hell yes! If the season ends up 8-9 second to the Titans, understandable, nightmare scenarios ,the secondary continues to make superstars of every opposing WR (Lockett,Cupp)and the red zone offense stays at the bottom of the league,I can't imagine finishing behind Jax & Houston in 2021 with the talent on this team, 3-14  and fourth place , I don't think the status quo would be acceptable. 

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Unfortunately, we're stuck with frank. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. Dakich said he went to a restaurant and had lunch the other day.  He ran into a ex coach, didn't specify who. Anyway him and Dakich talked and didn't understand how irsay is putting up with what's going on. I guess they meant with both Ballard and irsay.

But to those who say it's too early, we're only 2 games in.... his coaching has been questionable from the start.

His coaching has arguably cost us 2 Division titles.

His Gung Ho go for it on 4th down approach is often wreckless. Not playing for the tie vs Tennessee was the difference in winning the division.  Going for the win was a very low percentage gamble and the loss instead of a tie hurt us in the division..... 

Not benching Vinny who was struggling to make extra points let alone field goals also cost us games and another division title.

His play calling is often head scratching and lack of creative play design is disappointing,  especially when we were led to expect otherwise before he took over.

But the thing is even if or whenever he moves on, based on previous irsay  hires and history of colts,(outside of Dungy), do we really expect different? 

He was a "emergency signing " that should have only been temporary.... and then I don't know why the hurry to extend him 5 years!  :scratch:

You mean the game against Houston in 2018, where they lost the division because Frank doesn't like ties? at least they did knock them out of the playoffs in the wildcard round in Houston. 

5 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Unless there is a complete dumpster fire, Reich is not going anywhere this year or next. Honestly, I don’t know who else we would want as coach. Someone may be a hot candidate by the end of the year but I can’t think of anyone right now. 

that is what I was trying to show, why do we have a complete dumpster fire every decade with a year that ends with 1 a drop-off of four games or more, every single time! It amazes me that it's an overhaul of the roster every decade and coaching staff, and the same thing happened four times. on the plus side 1992,2002,2012 were all rebound winning seasons!

Archived