Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cuts from other teams worth signing for Colts

BProland85

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I bet my best friend on this for $1. I said Mac Jones would start the year, and he said Cam lol. haha, that worked out well! :) 

I thought the starting job was at 50/50 but I didn't think either would be cut.   very surprising.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I bet my best friend on this for $1. I said Mac Jones would start the year, and he said Cam lol. haha, that worked out well! :) 

I'm not shocked, but I am surprised. 

He had 3.5 guaranteed their just giving up. Only 1.5 more in game checks I think. There were playoff bonuses and such, but though the 3.5+1.5 was pretty cheap overall.

Now they're left with a rook, and Hoyer as backup.

We all know BB is cut throat lol... He spent some money in the offseason, so I guess he was looking to save a bit....

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He'll definitely get looks from several teams. 

A lot of talking heads saying Broncos too.

Eagles? lol

I don't think there will be as much interest as people think. He was trash last season, didn't look all that great this preseason. Can be a sideshow at times, and has already had covid protocol issues.

But that first week matchup will be really fun now. Tua vs Jones.

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I thought the starting job was at 50/50 but I didn't think either would be cut.   very surprising.

Yeah. No way Mac Jones was getting cut obviously, but Cam was still a bit of a shock. I guess it's not super-surprising though if you think of it in terms of Mac Jones getting the starting job, then there's no reason to keep Hoyer. 

I just figured Cam was so bad last year, and Mac was a 1st round pick, that it was a safe bet.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm not shocked, but I am surprised. 

He had 3.5 guaranteed their just giving up. Only 1.5 more in game checks I think. There were playoff bonuses and such, but though the 3.5+1.5 was pretty cheap overall.

Now they're left with a rook, and Hoyer as backup.

We all know BB is cut throat lol... He spent some money in the offseason, so I guess he was looking to save a bit....

We all know how Productive Hoyer can be

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

1 minute ago, NorthernColt said:

I don't think there will be as much interest as people think. He was trash last season, didn't look all that great this preseason. Can be a sideshow at times, and has already had covid protocol issues.

Newton looked great vs the Eagles. 

Not saying I wouldn't go with Jones, just saying Newton had good moments. 

They're eating the deadcap too, and left with Hoyer.

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Not sure that Cam has the disposition to be a backup to Jones over a 17 game season.  Once in a while he'd be a team guy, but methinks a bad attitude could rise up from time to time.  I'm assuming BB sees it that way.

I never thought much about the NE QB situation, but having seen it now, it doesn't seem too surprising.

BB will probably pick up Sam if we cut him, LOL.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

Colts need to pick up cam Newton today . With wentz injury history and vax status he might miss games . I’ll take cam over Eason for a game or two any day 

I wouldn't be mad....

He'll be cheap.

And he'd be a better option than JE/SE.

He'd be JBish in Reich's O, but a bit better IMO.

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Colts need to pick up cam Newton today . With wentz injury history and vax status he might miss games . I’ll take cam over Eason for a game or two any day 

No. Before they got Rivers, I thought Cam might be a good option but at this point, I don't think so. I think he's good enough to ensure you remain a .500 ball club but he's no Rivers, he's not going in the hall.

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Newton looked great vs the Eagles. 

Not saying I wouldn't go with Jones, just saying Newton had good moments. 

They're eating the deadcap too, and left with Hoyer.

Yeah he's quite obviously better than Hoyer. Though I'm sure Hoyer is vaccinated. Which I feel like is a massive part in this too.

16 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

He will be cheap, even if hes the backup in Houston that could be a good deal for them

10 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

A big NO from me on that.   I don't think he would be happy as a back up.   I don't want the QB drama that he would bring.   Wentz is a clear cut starter now and they would change with Cam.  

8 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

Yeah he's quite obviously better than Hoyer. Though I'm sure Hoyer is vaccinated. Which I feel like is a massive part in this too.

Doubt it has anything to do with it. I think this is 95% about saving some cash, even though it's not that much. BB spent a ton in the offseason in FA. And partly because BB is just comfortable with Jones and is willing to go all in. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Doubt it has anything to do with it. I think this is 95% about saving some cash, even though it's not that much. BB spent a ton in the offseason in FA. And partly because BB is just comfortable with Jones and is willing to go all in. 

I think it probably does forsure. His role would be back up QB, you need that person to be reliable. Imagine Jones can't go late in the week, Cam's your back up, pops positive your covid. 

Surely not the only factor, but a factor for sure.

13 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

I do think that could be a factor in decisions we see.   The tough NFL rules on covid makes it so you have to factor it in at least a little.   But not the major factor.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If they're confident in Wentz's recovery, not sure they need to add. 

Honestly, if Wentz goes down, I'd rather go out in a blaze of glory with Eason and get a good draft pick.

I don’t think the add needs to be starter quality but someone to push/replace JE as #2

4 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

I think it probably does forsure. His role would be back up QB, you need that person to be reliable. Imagine Jones can't go late in the week, Cam's your back up, pops positive your covid. 

Surely not the only factor, but a factor for sure.

Doubt it. If you BB and RK's politics, not sure it would matter to him/them.

Archived