Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offense: Biggest Winner / Loser for 2021 (don't click if you don't like PFF or predictions)

EastStreet

Offense: Biggest Winner / Loser for 2021 (don't click if you don't like PFF or predictions)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What offensive player will have the biggest jump in rating?

• Carson Wentz 65.0
    • Jonathan Taylor 83.9
    • Nyheim Hines 81.6
    • Marlon Mack (2019) 69.5
    • Jack Doyle 66.9
    • Mo Alie Cox 78.2
    • TY Hilton 77.7
    • Michael Pittman 62.6
    • Parris Campbell 72.8
    • Zach Pascal 64.2
    • Sam Tevi 52.9
    • Eric Fisher 80.0
    • Quenton Nelson 86.2
    • Ryan Kelly 69.0
    • Mark Glowinski 67.3
    • Braden Smith 80.1
  2. 2. What offensive player will have the biggest drop in rating?

• Carson Wentz 65.0
    • Jonathan Taylor 83.9
    • Nyheim Hines 81.6
    • Marlon Mack (2019) 69.5
    • Jack Doyle 66.9
    • Mo Alie Cox 78.2
    • TY Hilton 77.7
    • Michael Pittman 62.6
    • Parris Campbell 72.8
    • Zach Pascal 64.2
    • Sam Tevi 52.9
    • Eric Fisher 80.0
    • Quenton Nelson 86.2
    • Ryan Kelly 69.0
    • Mark Glowinski 67.3
    • Braden Smith 80.1
  3. 3. What rookie will have the highest grade?

• TE Kylen Granson
    • QB Sam Ehlinger
    • WR Mike Strachan
    • OL Will Frieds
    • WR Tarik Black
    • RB Deon Jackson
    • WR Tyler Vaughns

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2021 at 06:08 AM

My choices...

Q1 - Wentz - I think that just being in Reich's conservative O will give him a 10pt bump. I thought about Pittman here too. Tevi, if he plays for an extended amount of time could easily get a decent bump playing next to Q. Game 2 gonna be rough though.

Q2 - Fisher - 2020 was one of Fisher's best, and he'll likely take a step back in 2121. If not simply because of the injury, but also because we're heavy run, and he's much better in pass pro than run blocking. I could also see TY or Taylor dropping.

Q3 - Tough one here. Granson will get the most opportunity, so probably should have picked him. I picked Strachan though. My gut says he'll beat out Patmon, and look good in limited usage. Vaughns could be a dark horse at slot too if Campbell can't stay healthy.

Q1 - Went with Pittman - just think having another year under his belt and the addition of Wentz are really going to help him.  Hopefully he stays healthy.  I almost went Wentz, as I think Reich/Brady are going to put him in position to minimize mistakes.  I also think he will have much better protection here than he did in Philly last year which will allow him to improve.

q2 - Went with MAC.  I think MAC's numbers will go down slightly if he's used a lot more.  I hope I'm wrong, but he got a pretty high grade last year with fairly minimal playing time.  It seemed to me like he surprised a few teams over a short stretch and then became fairly irrelevant.  Not sure if that was because his role/playing time diminished, or if it was due to opponents game planning against him better (or a combo).  I hope I'm wrong, but I just think MAC had a pretty high grade and will go down.  My second/third options would have been Fisher (ditto @EastStreet) and TY.  I was sort of shocked that TY had a 77.7 last year - I didn't think he had a bad season, but didn't think he did that well.  My concern with TY is his age and his nagging injuries the past few years.  That said, the addition of Wentz and hopefully the emergence of Campbell, Pittman and maybe a couple other young guys could allow for TY to get even better.

Q3 - I went Granson.  TBH, I don't see many of the offensive rookies having much of a role on offense (more ST snaps).  I'm not sure Granson will grade high, but he might be the only rookie who gets enough snaps on O to even warrant a grade from PFF.

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

My choices...

Q1 - Wentz - I think that just being in Reich's conservative O will give him a 10pt bump. I thought about Pittman here too. Tevi, if he plays for an extended amount of time could easily get a decent bump playing next to Q. Game 2 gonna be rough though.

Q2 - Fisher - 2020 was one of Fisher's best, and he'll likely take a step back in 2121. If not simply because of the injury, but also because we're heavy run, and he's much better in pass pro than run blocking. I could also see TY or Taylor dropping.

Q3 - Tough one here. Granson will get the most opportunity, so probably should have picked him. I picked Strachan though. My gut says he'll beat out Patmon, and look good in limited usage. Vaughns could be a dark horse at slot too if Campbell can't stay healthy.

Pretty safe bets.  I went with Pascal dropping because of more competition.  I expected Parris to have a lower score to begin with, but it was higher than Carson’s.  

1. Biggest jump in rating.... I think the best candidates cover some of the following criteria - young and unproven but with potential and/or had a down year last year and/or has already done it in the past. I feel like Wentz neatly fits at least 2 of them. Same with Pittman... Those are the two top candidates for me. I personally vote Wentz because we've seen him be very good before and if anything last year was the outlier in his performances. Sneaky candidate - Sam Tevi. Simply because he's starts from such a low level... it's quite possible he jumps like 15-20 points in grade and even if still not enough to qualify as amazing, he could be solid next to Q and with a playcaller who's likely to protect him. Final vote from me - Carson Wentz

2. Biggest drop in rating... injury... aging... uncharacteristically high grade in previous year. Those are the things I'm looking at here and Eric Fisher seems like a good candidate. Can Jack Doyle completely fall off the map? Not sure... I guess my final vote is Eric Fisher - he starts from the high level(grade) and has potential to experience drop in shape because of injury. 

3. Highest rated rookie - Kylen Granson... has the highest chance to actually play. Plays position and style that fits well what Reich and Wentz like to target. Sneaky candidate Deon Jackson if he makes the team... he will run behind a good OL, which is great for the type of one cut but fast back he is. 

I went with Pittman

Hilton

Granson

I was surprised Campbell is over 10 points higher than Pittman.  

Granson was an easy choice as he may be the only one who gets significant playing time.  

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I went with Pittman

Hilton

Granson

I was surprised Campbell is over 10 points higher than Pittman.  

Granson was an easy choice as he may be the only one who gets significant playing time.  

Remember....    Campbell played only one game.   And he was very good, but in a season opening loss to J’Ville.   So some may have forgotten. 

6 catches,  71 yards.   

Hopefully, a hint of what’s to come this year..... 

1. Wentz-  He had a very down year last year and looks to be in a much better situation to succeed.

2. Mack-  He was the lead back in 2019, he won't be in 2021, and will have to compete for reps with Hines, behind Taylor.

3. Granson-  The more I read and view of this guy, I believe we have a gem.  The West Coast Offense utilizes an H-Back and he has H-Back written all over him.

Cool thread idea! I went with:

1. Pittman but thought hard about Wentz. Pitt didn't have a pre-season, and then went down with an injury when he was starting to get going. He could easily break out and be the #1 target next year.

2. I went with Fisher just because an Achilles tear is a pretty big deal. I could see it being Hines if Mack comes back healthy and dynamic but even then Hines offers something that Taylor and Mack don't and his grade isn't based on the number of snaps he takes.

3. Branson will hopefully be the only one that plays so I went with him. Someone like Strachan or Fries could come in for a very short period of time, play well, and end up with a good grade for a small sample size though.

On 6/4/2021 at 7:39 AM, Smonroe said:

Pretty safe bets.  I went with Pascal dropping because of more competition.  I expected Parris to have a lower score to begin with, but it was higher than Carson’s.  

I think Pascal's stats/usage will drop, but not his rating. Keep in mind this is all about grading, even if their snaps, or in Pascal's case, targets, decline.

1. Wentz - Could be no more than average and improve that grade dramatically. I expect him to be a top 10-15 QB at year’s end

2. MAC - I didn’t like having to pick someone for this, lol. But, I’ll go with MAC. I think he could be decent, but still drop grade-wise just because of more PT. He showed flashes last year, but I’m still not fully sold.... yet.

3. Granson - Simply put, I expect him to play a lot and play very well.

1. Wentz - He's got little to go but up.  If he doesn't go up it's going to be a terrible season.  

2. Fisher - Hitting 30, coming off a big injury, new team, had a pretty high grade to begin with.  Probably not going to play at the same level as last year.

3. Granson - Probably the only offensive rookie who will be on the field enough to warrant a grade.  

On 6/4/2021 at 12:49 PM, joecolts said:

1.  Pittman

2.  Mack

3.  Granson

I went this way also. I think Pittman takes it to the next level. If anyone picked Wentz, I have a hard time arguing with that choice either. Almost chose him.

Mack has to overcome the achilles and a new pecking order; I don't see how his numbers don't tumble.

Granson was the only realistic choice IMO; he was a no brainer with most of the other players destined for PS at best.  Would have been interesting to see what people thought of Shawn Davis. I think he'll be a pleasant surprise. 

4 hours ago, Hoose said:

I went this way also. I think Pittman takes it to the next level. If anyone picked Wentz, I have a hard time arguing with that choice either. Almost chose him.

Mack has to overcome the achilles and a new pecking order; I don't see how his numbers don't tumble.

Granson was the only realistic choice IMO; he was a no brainer with most of the other players destined for PS at best.  Would have been interesting to see what people thought of Shawn Davis. I think he'll be a pleasant surprise. 

Our reasonings are absolutely identical

Archived