Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We desperately need to Get Demichael Harris back involved in the game plan!!!

Rolltide_gocolts

20 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Yes! Do you think Rivers could run a bootleg now that the entire NFL wouldn't expect it??

Remember when Peyton had that long run, I think it was to seal a game against the Raiders?

Im pretty sure everyone was shocked, including his own teammates.  

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Including, but not limited to any one of the following:

1) Actually use Mo Allie Cox in the passing game 

2) Throw some slant routes 

3) Run play action more than 3x a game 

I like the idea of using the TEs on short slants and outs. Throw in screens to the outside sprinkled with play action. If we spread their D out side line to side line JT will have some nice run lanes. We need some nice balance because I think the Bill's are thinking stack the box to stop JT and press coverage to make Rivers beat them deep.

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Remember when Peyton had that long run, I think it was to seal a game against the Raiders?

Im pretty sure everyone was shocked, including his own teammates.  

It was all in the setup. He called a run to one side and made it obvious. I still remember it like it was yesterday because I was going “why is he telegraphing the play?”

They snapped the ball, the entire defense flowed the way Peyton had led them, and he casually took the ball the other way for 40 yards. 

I thought, for just a short moment, that maybe Peyton had left some of his marbles back in Indy. Turned out he was showing off some new ones he picked up in California. haha

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

It was all in the setup. He called a run to one side and made it obvious. I still remember it like it was yesterday because I was going “why is he telegraphing the play?”

They snapped the ball, the entire defense flowed the way Peyton had led them, and he casually took the ball the other way for 40 yards. 

I thought, for just a short moment, that maybe Peyton had left some of his marbles back in Indy. Turned out he was showing off some new ones he picked up in California. haha

Yep, and if I remember correctly, he slid at the end of his jaunt to run out the clock.

Just now, Smonroe said:

Expand  

Yep, and if I remember correctly, he slid at the end of his jaunt to run out the clock.

This run:

• Nadine changed the title to We desperately need to Get Demichael Harris back involved in the game plan!!!
3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

He was getting run down. He probably could have made it a TD, but he went down once he knew he wasn’t gonna make it without contact. 

It may be my favorite play ever. 

He was getting run down. He probably could have made it a TD, but he went down once he knew he wasn’t gonna make it without contact. 

It may be my favorite play ever. 

I love watching that play.  That was the game where Terelle Pryor almost single handedly beat us, right?  It was a lot closer than it should have been.  

I think Peyton could have scored too but he wanted to run the clock.  (As well as not get hit)

37 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I love watching that play.  That was the game where Terelle Pryor almost single handedly beat us, right?  It was a lot closer than it should have been.  

I think Peyton could have scored too but he wanted to run the clock.  (As well as not get hit)

Nope. That was 2012. 

Which, now that I think back to that game, that was just a preview of what was to come from Pagano and grigson era... :panic:

Archived