Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shame on Doug Pederson

dw49

I think it was a smart move for the Eagles.

Get to check out their backup in game time action.  Chances are that Wentz will be gone and Sudfell may be the backup next season.

Improved their draft pick from 9th to 6th.  That is pretty big draft capital.

Screwed their biggest rival.

Teams do this stuff all the time.  The Dolphins pulled Tua in a game.  Fitz sparked the team and they won the game.  It's not like Hurts was playing well.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Myles said:

I think it was a smart move for the Eagles.

Get to check out their backup in game time action.  Chances are that Wentz will be gone and Sudfell may be the backup next season.

Improved their draft pick from 9th to 6th.  That is pretty big draft capital.

Screwed their biggest rival.

Teams do this stuff all the time.  The Dolphins pulled Tua in a game.  Fitz sparked the team and they won the game.  It's not like Hurts was playing well.

Just my opinion but for those who bring up the integrity of the game is a joke to me.

The NFL has long done things that could be called against the integrity of the game.

How much integrity is in the NFL when they allow the owners not to pay a contract that they signed? 

How much integrity does it take for the NFL to pick players from the NCAA that makes the NCAA millions of dollars and pay zero to the players?

Is it called integrity for NFL owners to hold up tax payers to pay for their stadiums? 

14 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just my opinion but for those who bring up the integrity of the game is a joke to me.

The NFL has long done things that could be called against the integrity of the game.

How much integrity is in the NFL when they allow the owners not to pay a contract that they signed? 

How much integrity does it take for the NFL to pick players from the NCAA that makes the NCAA millions of dollars and pay zero to the players?

Is it called integrity for NFL owners to hold up tax payers to pay for their stadiums? 

I could take this even further into the lack of integrity of the NFL to hire doctors to disregard and lie about the effects of CTE? 

They forced ex NFL players to sue the NFL to get help for those who were suffering from CTE. In a lot of cases there were a lot of players who died terrible deaths with no help from the NFL. 

IMO integrity is throw out the window when money enters the picture. 

On 1/7/2021 at 9:25 AM, Gramz said:

I also am enjoying retirement (retired April 1st) and the world literally shut down.  haha:facepalm:.

Would love to meet up at a game when everything gets back to normal. 

Back to normal? I doubt deadly viruses become irrelevant.  As a society we have now made a decision on how to handle a new virus. Whether i agree with how the world is handling covid, the fact remains that there will be more deadly viruses in the future, and have decided that ruining lives is the new normal. Mods feel free to move this post to the covid19 misc topic but I think its obvious normal will never return. Especially considering all the virtue signaling by those who act like deadly pandemics are a new thing. Call your grandparents more. Listen to their wisdom. RANT OVER...sorry

On 1/5/2021 at 9:19 AM, dw49 said:

hose that say teams do it all the time are really wrong IMO

it doesnt happen all the time, but i do think it has happened.  check out the Bucs last game before they drafted Jameis winston.  Sean payton has ranted about it a few times.

There were a lot of whispers about the patriots tanking a late season game years ago for a playoff matchup.  it was pretty obvious but mostly went forgotten because it didnt affect the draft

1 hour ago, life long said:

Back to normal? I doubt deadly viruses become irrelevant.  As a society we have now made a decision on how to handle a new virus. Whether i agree with how the world is handling covid, the fact remains that there will be more deadly viruses in the future, and have decided that ruining lives is the new normal. Mods feel free to move this post to the covid19 misc topic but I think its obvious normal will never return. Especially considering all the virtue signaling by those who act like deadly pandemics are a new thing. Call your grandparents more. Listen to their wisdom. RANT OVER...sorry

True.  Not the normal as we once knew it.  I guess I should have said once the stadium is opened to capacity again,  when we get there.

I would prefer to not get into the handling of this virus.  I have very strong opinions I'll keep to myself.  I have lost a few friends and an uncle to covid.

As far as staying home..... Honestly, it hasn't affected me financially or otherwise, but I realize it's had a horrible affect on many.  

Here's hoping things improve soon for everyone.  

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

it doesnt happen all the time, but i do think it has happened.  check out the Bucs last game before they drafted Jameis winston.  Sean payton has ranted about it a few times.

There were a lot of whispers about the patriots tanking a late season game years ago for a playoff matchup.  it was pretty obvious but mostly went forgotten because it didnt affect the draft

I agree with you on what you have above.

. What I was referring to was a concerted "multi game tank" to gain a draft position. 

12 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I agree with you on what you have above.

. What I was referring to was a concerted "multi game tank" to gain a draft position. 

Most "multi game tanks" fail. You don't hear about too many of them as usually they are for generational QBs. The Jets were the hot topic this year and they fell one spot short for Lawrence. The Colts lost a bunch of games before getting Luck. That is still controversial to this day by plenty of football fans. There haven't been too many other big ones, as the QBs have gone all over the draft that have been good to elite, but it does happen in baseball a lot when teams trade away players at the deadline, and basketball to an extent to get better odds in the lottery when they are eliminated. The Bruins tanked for Bobby Orr back in the day (old example). Usually they don't get the no1 pick on a tank, but it will improve their team or at the very least give them a shot at the player they want whether he hits or not.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Most "multi game tanks" fail. You don't hear about too many of them as usually they are for generational QBs. The Jets were the hot topic this year and they fell one spot short for Lawrence. The Colts lost a bunch of games before getting Luck. That is still controversial to this day by plenty of football fans. There haven't been too many other big ones, as the QBs have gone all over the draft that have been good to elite, but it does happen in baseball a lot when teams trade away players at the deadline, and basketball to an extent to get better odds in the lottery when they are eliminated. The Bruins tanked for Bobby Orr back in the day (old example). Usually they don't get the no1 pick on a tank, but it will improve their team or at the very least give them a shot at the player they want whether he hits or not.

Bobby Orr wasn't drafted.   

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

What I was referring to was a concerted "multi game tank" to gain a draft position. 

Yeah that would be tough to pull off in the nfl.  A coach can make a questionable call at the end of a season, but players are not going to risk their own career and tank a bunch of games.

Losing can hurt the culture too, like it has with the texans and jaguars recently 

23 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Most "multi game tanks" fail. You don't hear about too many of them as usually they are for generational QBs.

I don't think "multi-game tanks" are being attempted at all, and THAT'S why we don't hear about any of them... ever.

Everything eventually gets leaked and has its own 30-for-30 or its own whatever-Gate.  Yet there's nothing from a single soul about concerted efforts to lose in the NFL for any reason, nor has any former ref or former NFL bigwig "spilled the beans" about rigging games for certain teams.  Even when a ref gets caught cheating, like in the NBA, it was for their own financial benefit from their own games (due to personal gambling debt, let that sink in).  They weren't made by the NBA to influence certain games for certain teams, like some people think is happening with NFL games..

And the "they were paid off to keep quiet" theory doesn't hold water, because they could easily make WAY more money in the long run by exposing such a HUGE scandal in Americas favorite sport.  You honestly should suspend your belief in these conspiracy theories until they are actually proven true with actual evidence that we can all reference.

Archived