Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore Early Favorite

dw49

10 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Zone most definitely. One guy alone spying against Lamar is crazy.. zone it up keep him in the pocket AND make him make the right reads

Buckner should be very good at this.  I am guessing he will not make mistakes or be over aggressive and get burnt while still getting some good knock em back on whoever is blocking him.

7 hours ago, Nickster said:

Buckner should be very good at this.  I am guessing he will not make mistakes or be over aggressive and get burnt while still getting some good knock em back on whoever is blocking him.

Line is now down to mostly 1.5 with a few at 2.

Line is now down to mostly 1.5 with a few at 2.

19 hours ago, Nickster said:

Jackson has the highest QBR in football against man since he's been playing.

The Colts play mostly zone defense.  I can't think of any advantage to going man v. Baltimore in most situations. 

That's interesting. 

Do Steelers and Chiefs play man or zone?

I don't watch them so I don't know. 

2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

That's interesting. 

Do Steelers and Chiefs play man or zone?

I don't watch them so I don't know. 

Well I've searched for while and can't locate stats for this year, but last year only two teams were "man" teams if you define that by being in man over half the time.  In 2019 only New England and Detroit played man than zone and both of those teams played man only 54% of the time.  I can't find stats on Pitt and KC specifically, but last year they would have both been below 44% because 3rd on the list of most man in 2019 was Miami with 44%.  I can't locate stats that show every team.

So all other teams are "zone" teams.  New England has excellent corners across the board, so they can do it more than other teams.  Lions well, I guess it's just what they tried last year.  I wonder if NE ran mostly zone v. Ravens and Pitt last year (if they played them).  I would suspect that they ran more than 50% zone if they played both of those teams.

12 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Well I've searched for while and can't locate stats for this year, but last year only two teams were "man" teams if you define that by being in man over half the time.  In 2019 only New England and Detroit played zone more than man and both of those teams played man only 54% of the time.  I can't find stats on Pitt and KC specifically, but last year they would have both been below 44% because 3rd on the list of most man in 2019 was Miami with 44%.  I can't locate stats that show every team.

So all other teams are "zone" teams.  New England has excellent corners across the board, so they can do it more than other teams.  Lions well, I guess it's just what they tried last year.  I wonder if NE ran mostly zone v. Ravens and Pitt last year (if they played them).  I would suspect that they ran more than 50% zone if they played both of those teams.

Steelers are very good against the run and stifle the middle, hence pay the price outside with outside WRs winning. Because of Minkah Fitzpatrick, they can let a safety come closer to the LOS and they have athletic LBs that get in passing lanes by dropping back during their zone blitzes. 

Ravens, they do well on the outside with stellar CBs but the middle is where you can pick your spots in the zone. They defend the pass better than they defend the run, because they substitute a lot vs the pass based on down and distance. That is why no huddle can work against them. Short fields due to Lamar turnovers did them in vs the Steelers. 

Given that the strength of our passing is in the middle, we match up better vs the Ravens than the Steelers. We do not have the outside firepower to exploit the Steelers' D, unfortunately. That is why the Titans with A.J.Brown did well vs the Steelers, Darius Slayton scored twice vs the Steelers outside for crying out loud. Chiefs and Bucs will take them to the shed outside.

Archived