Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore Early Favorite

dw49

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

Seems about right since its at home.  

I'm not as confident as others on here.  

Yeah , Im not too confident either. Our pass rush will have to be adjusted as we seem to always give QBs a lane to run uptake middle. Maybe a spy makes sense .

2 hours ago, bestQBever said:

The only way we win is if we can stop Lamar from scrambling in key situations

Use Darrius Leonard to spy on Lamar Jackson. I think Colts match up well with Baltimore. If Rivers avoids making costly turnovers then Colts will have a chance to take this game. This could be a statement win for Colts. Possible trap game for Ravens coming off a very physical and emotional loss to their rival Steelers. 

8 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U disagree??

Safe to say I disagree. 

The D’line is probably the single biggest strength of the entire Colts team. 

The Ravens lost their LT for the season yesterday and a starting guard also left the game. Even without those losses saying that Indy d’line could not compete was silly. 

17 minutes ago, basketballsteve said:

J.B. simulating Jackson on the scout team should help get the Colts defense ready for the real thing. This is a game that has to be won with the defense and special teams outplaying the Ravens for us to win.

Lol, Brissett is literally slower than Peyton Manning, not sure how that would help. 

I'd like to think this team can match anyone, given the cards are played right and we execute. Some will say "big deal, we beat the Lions..." But I say Matthew Stafford is no slouch. He's a fantastic QB stuck in a rough situation. I think our defense can really make one heckuva statement in this 4 game stretch. 

Do the Ravens deserve to be favorites? I guess we'll find out next weekend.

On 11/1/2020 at 9:20 PM, w87r said:

I like our chances.

Stop the run and make Jackson beat us with his arm.

On 11/1/2020 at 9:28 PM, bestQBever said:

The only way we win is if we can stop Lamar from scrambling in key situations

If they can manage these two bolded keys, I feel they have to make sure to make him throw outside the numbers... not over the middle.

I am bullish on the Colts in this game. Ravens are going to be mentally drained from the Steelers game and Jackson is down right awful if we can take away the run. Easier said than done but if the Colts with this game than I think we rise in the media's mind as being a legit team that will make noise in the post-season.

People are down on the Ravens but they are still an elite team, they lost to the undeafeated Steelers divisional rival and the Superbowl champions Chiefs. Pretty well have blown out every other team they have played.

This will be a tough game for the Colts. If the team that showed up vs the Browns or 1st quarter of the Bengals game shows up we are toast. If the latter Colts show up from second quarter of the Bengals game and on then it will be a close game. 

On 11/2/2020 at 6:03 AM, lollygagger8 said:

Use Leonard as a spy on Lamar Jackson, and DO NOT play zone defense. 

Do not play zone?  That's insane.  If you have all of your Dbacks with their backs turned, chasing receivers down the field, Jackson will run for a trillion yards once he breaks containment.

We will be in Cover 2 look almost the whole game and will probably switch back and forth to Cover 3 presnap.  If there is ever a game that should feature zone defense, this is it.  I am not sure if we run any Tampa 2,  but this is a good time for it.

12 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Do not play zone?  That's insane.  If you have all of your Dbacks with their backs turned, chasing receivers down the field, Jackson will run for a trillion yards once he breaks containment.

We will be in Cover 2 look almost the whole game and will probably switch back and forth to Cover 3 presnap.  If there is ever a game that should feature zone defense, this is it.  I am not sure if we run any Tampa 2,  but this is a good time for it.

I couldn't possibly disagree with you more. Colts get ate up when they play zone!! 

Play man coverage and put Leonard as a spy on Jackson. 

What the Colts need to is put 4 quarters of football together instead of 2 like they have been.

8 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I couldn't possibly disagree with you more. Colts get ate up when they play zone!! 

What the Colts need to is put 4 quarters of football together instead of 2 like they have been.

Jackson has the highest QBR in football against man since he's been playing.

The Colts play mostly zone defense.  I can't think of any advantage to going man v. Baltimore in most situations. 

23 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Ate up?

The zone defense gives up stats but not a lot of points. The bend don't break concept works. 

A good QB will get numbers regardless of what defense that is played. 

I think our defense is good enough that they get sacks and turnovers out of the zone defense. If they went man to man they wouldn't be near as good as they are.

3 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

To win this week, Reich needs to improve on his vanilla play-calling...if that's possible?

I don't know about vanilla play calling but if Frank gets fancy or out of the box the Ravens defense will eat us up. 

Personally I am not worried about the Ravens offense, it's their defense that I worry about. 

They held the Steelers offense to 173 yards in the air and 48 yards on the ground. 

On 11/2/2020 at 7:03 AM, lollygagger8 said:

Use Leonard as a spy on Lamar Jackson, and DO NOT play zone defense. 

Or course they need to mix it up some.  However I think Lamar Jackson would love it if he drops backs and sees Colts defenders running stride for stride with his receivers because they are in man to man.  You want as many eyes on Jackson as possible.  Plus zone is what Indy does best.  The Colts will be in heavy zone on Sunday.

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

See below for the correct answer.  You can disagree but you would be wrong.

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

Jackson has the highest QBR in football against man since he's been playing.

The Colts play mostly zone defense.  I can't think of any advantage to going man v. Baltimore in most situations. 

There is none.  The Colts play zone primarily.  It is what they do best.  Indy corners are not turn and run with WR's type of players.  

And what you said - Jackson would love to see the backs of Colts defenders running with his WRs.

10 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

See below for the correct answer.  You can disagree but you would be wrong.

There is none.  The Colts play zone primarily.  It is what they do best.  Indy corners are not turn and run with WR's type of players.  

And what you said - Jackson would love to see the backs of Colts defenders running with his WRs.

I actually think that they are drafting defenders for games v. Jackson and Mahomes, which would make sense.  (I don't think these guys games are very similar BTW, but Mahomes does need to be contained, and great tackling Dbacks like Rock and Blackmon should be able to help against these guys.)

We need to mush rush with our tackles, if they get skinny, Jackson will kill us running up the middle.  The outside guys have to be disciplined in their rushes too or Jackson will simply run underneath them.  The pass rush will look lethargic to most of us if they are doing their jobs right on Sunday.  It is rarely a good idea to blitz Jackson.  He'll just run around or by the blitzer.

We almost surely will be mixing Cover 2 and I saw that we do run some Tampa 2, Cover 3, and a form of quarters though not really cover 4 or prevent, a closer up, more aggressive Cover 4.  ) 0 is just asking for trouble this week IMO.

I actually think we match up well with them.  We have an outstanding athlete at LB, good tacklers in the secondary, and Defo, Grover, and Co. should be able to push the pocket methodically.

My main concern is Jackson running under our upfield rushers.  If they get too aggressive it will be rough. 

The defense needs to bend not break this week.  It will probably be a hard watch because we will probably not pressure him consistently, but I think if we wait around and don't give in and continue to be disciplined, then we should have a pretty good showing on defense.  We have the personnel to do it IMO.

I'm like another poster here.  My main concern is will we be able to score?  We really need to run against these guys to punish some of the aggression, people were talking about PA and screening.  This is the week for it if we can execute.

Colts have a chance in this one.  In fact, I will not be shocked if they win it.  I also saw something about a post-Pittsburgh letdown for many teams the week after they play Pitt.  It is real - look no further than the Titans vs. Cincy.  Colts got a shot.  And I think a lot of people are downplaying this defense unnecessarily.

48 minutes ago, Nickster said:

My main concern is Jackson running under our upfield rushers.  If they get too aggressive it will be rough. 

Plus, the ability to wall off our rushers to create lanes for their RBs. The rusher needs to stutter step every time he gets close to Jackson, to play the RB on the way well too. Might result in a loss of sacks for our D but will result in a lot of negative plays for them.

Archived