Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defense Roster As Of 3/23/12

UndecidedFrog

Gavin suggested that someone should list the roster by position.

So I am doing it. Defense first: 30 Players

DL

90 Redding, Corey DE

91 Mathews, Ricardo DT

92 Hughes, Jerr DE

94 Nevis, Drake DT

95 Moala, Fili DT

97 Addison, Mario DE

99 Johnson, Antonio DT

64 Ogbu, Ollie DT

Peguese, Brandon DE

Hickman, Justin DE

LB

51 Angerer, Pat

52 Edds, A.J.

53 Conner, Kavell

Freeman, Jerrell

Harvey, Mario

56 Lutrus, Scott

98 Mathis, Robert

93 Freeney, Dwight

DB

20 Holmes, Mike

21 Thomas, Kevin

23 Johnson, Terrence

25 Powers, Jerraud

26 Hines, Jermale

30 Caldwell, David

35 Lefeged, Joe

36 Rucker, Chris

37 King, Brandon

38 Newton, Mike

41 Bethea, Antoine

Zbikowski, Tom

We need some corners. Outside of Powers we're lacking.

I think Kevin Thomas and Chris Rucker at least need another shot. You can fairly say it was both their first year last season. I think if they both get a shot this season they will surprise some of us.

I think Kevin Thomas and Chris Rucker at least need another shot. You can fairly say it was both their first year last season. I think if they both get a shot this season they will surprise some of us.

I think Rucker at the very least will surprise some people. K-Tizzle was very physical for a guy that had arms the size of bamboo stick, so maybe he'll stick too.

Powers has probably been thrown at less than he should be since he had Lacey playing opposite him. Both guys gave up the same amount of cushion. Hopefully with the 'attacking' defense, they will get a chance to play some physical, man-coverage.

3-4 defense

de- c. redding

nt- free agent or draft

de- fili moala or drake nevis

lolb- robert mathis

ilb- k. conner or we might even try hughes here never know

mlb- p. angerer

rolb- d freeney or jerry hughes if freeney is only in , on 4-3 sets or traded

lcb- j. powers

ss- Zbikowski

fs- a. bethea

rcb- k.thomas trust me kid has more skills that coyer defense showed

Yeah, I think that there is plenty of potential there. Last year wasn't a "make it or break it" year for them, it was their first time on the active roster. In a normal year they wouldn't have had so much pressure on them, they would have just been getting their feet wet. A trial by fire on a team with no offense isn't a fair test. I thought they both looked very good at times, and should only improve for the next couple of years.

Easy there. I wasn't going on the attack; it was an honest question. I have heard a lot of speculation that Mathis and Freeney would play OLB if they are retained for next year. If they are actually listed on the official roster as LBs now, that would back up the speculation. I was just curious.

I have said this and I will say it again and again.....these 'kids' will benefit from minicamp and a full training camp. The secondary is young, and Roy Anderson brings a little bit of Ed Reed with him as does Zbikowski. We need to see if these guys can play in an attack mode instead of the most lax Cover 2 in the history of the defense. I agree with you Blackhawk4

You know...I look at this roster and even in a pre-draft state, I kind of like it. I've been really excited about seeing if some of the more underachieving players could be coached up to greater success.

There are some non-stop motors in each area. That is infectious.....true with a coach like Pagano motivating too!

Im not even sold on Powers to be honest, compare that name to alot of others in the league, Hayden, Revis, Bailey, Samuel, Cromartie, Asomougha or whatever lol......Powers? yeah the more I think about maybe we could go all corners and Nose Tackles in this draft AFTER Luck........just joking but ya get my point

Since I have no idea what scheme will be implemented, I am going to list DL and LB interchangeably. You can mix and match according to your own perspective.

Freeney will be up....Freeney will be down. It is called disguise and havoc....mayhem comes to mind as well. I think Hickman is someone who will do the same....up and down....non-stop motor.

I'm good with Rucker as the starter at this point. Not the strongest, but large enough to jam at the line and take on bigger receivers. Our defense made all CBs look fairly bad. Our pass rush has not been good enough the past few years. Teams figured out how to slow Freeney and Mathis and there was little push up the middle. Our DBs shouldn't have to hold coverage nearly as long in the coming years.