Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

wait what??

Shadow_Creek

10 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i must have not been paying much attention to colts news but when did we release AV i still thought he was on the team this whole time?:mindblow::mindblow:

Technically, I don’t believe he was released.

I believe his contract was up and we elected not to re-sign him to a new deal.   If I’m wrong, I’m sure someone will come along soon enough to correct me and set the record straight. 

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I believe his contract was up and we elected not to re-sign him to a new deal.   If I’m wrong, I’m sure someone will come along soon enough to correct me and set the record straight. 

This.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nope you got it.

19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The last time CB talked about it, AV was continuing his rehab from surgery and he was gonna talk to him after that point if AV decided he wanted to play again. Depending on how the current kickers do in training camp, who knows what CB will do

4 hours ago, CoachLite said:

Adam Vinatieri was concerned that signing a Colts contract would lower his Social Security benefit.

Actually his Social Security would go up with another contract. Those benefits are based off a 12 month average what a person makes in the last 35 years leading up to their pre- retirement. 

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Actually his Social Security would go up with another contract. Those benefits are based off a 12 month average what a person makes in the last 35 years leading up to their pre- retirement. 

But when you're THAT old ... you get penalized.

2 hours ago, CoachLite said:

He wouldn't as long as he waits till his age requirement comes around. 

He is worth around 13 million so I doubt he will draw early. 

At his age and with his money he can find other work or do nothing. He still has over 20+years of his working life to do what ever he wants. 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

3 hours ago, CoachLite said:

Taking notes.... I’m THAT old :lecture:

bbc no GIF

Archived