Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookies to Report to Camp Today?

PeterBowman

6 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Any new news on this?

From what I am hearing from media types and writers, the team is not giving access to the facilities yet. So unless players reach out themselves we are probably not going to be hearing much until practice starts and they resume pressers.  Probably good for the rookies, they can focus on the business at hand.

2 hours ago, jmac_48 said:

From what I am hearing from media types and writers, the team is not giving access to the facilities yet. So unless players reach out themselves we are probably not going to be hearing much until practice starts and they resume pressers.  Probably good for the rookies, they can focus on the business at hand.

Yeah, I also heard that on the July 28th when everybody reports there doing testing and then leaving the facility and not coming back until they they test negative.  

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Here is some more. Is that plexiglass between the lockers. Pretty good idea.

I’m all for precaution but plexiglass in between lockers doesn’t make sense to me.   They are going to be in close proximity in meetings and huddles and on field.  Test them all then sequester them for the season. 

51 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I’m all for precaution but plexiglass in between lockers doesn’t make sense to me.   They are going to be in close proximity in meetings and huddles and on field.  Test them all then sequester them for the season. 

From what I have read most meetings are going to be done virtually. I assume the ones that aren’t they will be spaced apart. I know when they go on the road they always have a meeting the night before the game. 

I get your point though. Some of it seems a little overboard when it’s such a physical sport. I read a doctor say although some of it seems dumb since they will be pounding each other the more precautions the better because it reduces the viral load. That means less chance someone gets sick. So you try everything you can while not practicing to reduce that load. Who knows if that is true.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The shots aren’t long, but you can clearly see that each individual locker has clear plastic extensions.   So the lockers now appear to be roughly 4 feet deep instead of just perhaps 2 feet deep.  Smart.  Little things like this hopefully will help the team stay healthy. 

41 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

@Fluke_33.     What are you confused about?

As I stated in a post above having partitions in the locker room seems silly to me.  They will be in very close proximity with each other before and after changing in the locker room.  I am all for taking extra precautions but this one seems like a show for the fans and media 

1 minute ago, Fluke_33 said:

As I stated in a post above having partitions in the locker room seems silly to me.  They will be in very close proximity with each other before and after changing in the locker room.  I am all for taking extra precautions but this one seems like a show for the fans and media 

Precisely.

Archived