Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Forum Elite League 2020 Season

Assuming, we will have a 2020 NFL season, just wanted to find out who is in and who is not from this list:

This was the final 12 carrying over to the 2020 NFL season, let me know if everyone on this list is still in for this year's Colts Elite League season:

@Virtuoso80
@Rich Cannon

@Juanjo

@Bluefire4
@IndyD4U
@spoonfish

@chad72 (COMMISH and defending champ)

@Chucklez

@onebad150

@Btown_Colt

@Korey (new to the league this year)

@Statiik82 (new to the league this year)

Thanks.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

If there is a vacancy, I'll be a starter

We have a system of league participation by invites based on previous year's standings. Let me explain.

We have 2 leagues - the Colts Elite league and a Joe's league. The bottom 2 in the Colts Elite league have to leave and play in the Joe's league and only the top 2 in the Joe's league move to the Colts Elite league. We have had players finish in the bottom two, go to the Joe's league and finish in the Top 2 to get back to the Colts elite league. 

If you wish to participate in the Joe's league, hit up @Colt92 for an invite. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to reach @Rich Cannon and @Statiik82 since the beginning of July 2020.

I have not heard from them. If I do not hear from them by August 16th, is it fine to move on from them? I would like for the others to chime in.

Here were some rule changes discussed last year, anything we want to revisit?

1. There will be a one day waiting period for waivers - Y

2. There will be no waiting period after trade is finalized - Y

3. Choose one of these 3 drafting order options: B

a. Team owners will get to pick their preferred draft spot starting with team #12 and working back to #1.

b. The draft order will be randomized upon league creation and draft order will be visible to all owners at least a week prior to the draft.

c. The draft order will be randomized 15 min before the draft begins.

4. Choose one of these 3 platform's to play on this season (NFL.COM / ESPN / YAHOO) NFL.COM

5. Waivers will reset weekly based on ranking - Y

7. The standings tiebreaker will be points scored - Y

8. Next season we will have keepers - N

Draft date suggestions - September 1st, 2nd, or 3rd to keep weekends free for folks.

Let me know if a time of 6 pm ET will work for any of those dates.

On 7/6/2020 at 12:20 PM, chad72 said:

@Virtuoso80
@Rich Cannon

@Juanjo

@Bluefire4
@IndyD4U
@spoonfish

@chad72 (COMMISH and defending champ)

@Chucklez

@onebad150

@Btown_Colt

1 hour ago, onebad150 said:

I know we are going through some troubling times BUT If you have been trying since July and received no response. It sounds like it is time to move on and give someone who is interested in a chance to participate. my 2cents

I have set a deadline of this Sunday. I will definitely move on once I do not hear back from those.

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

I would like for the others to chime in. - yes move on if needed.

3. Choose one of these 3 drafting order options: B.

a. Team owners will get to pick their preferred draft spot starting with team #12 and working back to #1.

b. The draft order will be randomized upon league creation and draft order will be visible to all owners at least a week prior to the draft.

4. Choose one of these 3 platform's to play on this season (NFL.COM / ESPN / YAHOO) NFL.COM or ESPN.

My response above.

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

I have been trying to reach @Rich Cannon and @Statiik82 since the beginning of July 2020.

I have not heard from them. If I do not hear from them by August 16th, is it fine to move on from them? I would like for the others to chime in.

4. Choose one of these 3 platform's to play on this season (NFL.COM / ESPN / YAHOO) NFL.COM

I'm good with the choices.

Since this is an odd year, I'd give them until 8/21.   Since this is an issue every year, I think we should consider a hard deadline.  Again, this is a weird year, but we could say all teams need to be finalized by start of camp.  That would give us until the end of camp to fill any empty spots and decide a draft time.

I like what we did last year.  Only change I'd make is a move to ESPN, but I'll roll with the majority.

In order of preference, I'd choose ESPN, NFL.COM, and YAHOO.  

Do we want to consider more bench spots this year because of COVID?

6 minutes ago, spoonfish said:

Since this is an odd year, I'd give them until 8/21.   Since this is an issue every year, I think we should consider a hard deadline.  Again, this is a weird year, but we could say all teams need to be finalized by start of camp.  That would give us until the end of camp to fill any empty spots and decide a draft time.

I like what we did last year.  Only change I'd make is a move to ESPN, but I'll roll with the majority.

In order of preference, I'd choose ESPN, NFL.COM, and YAHOO.  

Do we want to consider more bench spots this year because of COVID?

In the past I have had problems with YAHOO, They occasionally lock up my computer, have had viruses from their site and problems drafting to the point I had to log out and log back in during the draft. That was 2yrs ag, might be different now

5. Waivers will reset weekly based on ranking - N

That's my vote. Some comments:

1. I voted No to number 5 and I would like to explain. In my opinion waivers order after the draft should remain until those waivers picks are used. I don't know if I'm explaining correctly my idea. The point is I think anyone picking last in the draft should keep his 1st waiver choice until he wants to use it.

2. I think we have discussed this before: I would check standings once the regular season games are completed. If we have 6 playoff teams, they should be the 5 teams on top of the standings and the sixth playoff spot should be for the highest points scored team out of the other teams. This makes the game more fair, less random and helps keeping everyone involved for the full season.

3. I would remove the weekly max adds/drops limit.

Best regards from Spain!

Also wanted to add one thing for maybe not this year but for future years, maybe try setting up divisions for example 6 teams per division (2 divisions).  Top two teams of each division automatically get in playoffs, and the last two teams (5th and 6th if the playoffs are set for 6 teams) are based on points scored.  That's how we did it with my other league.

2 hours ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Also wanted to add one thing for maybe not this year but for future years, maybe try setting up divisions for example 6 teams per division (2 divisions).  Top two teams of each division automatically get in playoffs, and the last two teams (5th and 6th if the playoffs are set for 6 teams) are based on points scored.  That's how we did it with my other league.

We had divisions before but a strong division versus weak division messes a lot of things w.r.t playoff seeding. This way, you rotate and play the folks you have on your schedule, will play every team once and only 2 teams twice like everyone else and there is no division in the way for playoff seedings. 

A lot of interesting feedback. Here are some of my thoughts for new changes:

Waivers - we had done the rolling waivers a few years ago till week 8 because a 3-2 over a 2-3 team after game 5 doesn't clearly establish anything to keep waivers based on rankings. After week 8, it is a good idea to shift the waivers to be based on rankings. So, if you have 16 weeks of fantasy, a good chance for half the time, the person picking last in the draft got to keep their waiver choice through week 8. If everyone is on board with that, I will go ahead and do that and let everyone know after week 8 that waiver priority will be shifting towards ranking at that point in time. Again, if it is fine with everyone.

No.6 seeding - if everyone is on board, since our league has been very competitive every year, the No.6 seed can be the highest scoring team out of the remaining seeds to eliminate what happened last year, when a hot team on the wrong end of luck through the season can get its chance. However, I would want to peg the minimum number of wins for such a team at 5 if that is OK with everyone.

Weekly max adds/drops - it was done to keep someone to churn out every available field goal kicker or defense while their opponent's is on a bye week to gain an advantage. It is extremely rare for someone to have a need for more than 6 adds/drops in a week. However, for Covid reasons, I am willing to up it to 7 adds/drops a week if that is fine with everyone.

Draft date and time - Somehow this got lost in the shuffle. September 1st, 2nd and 3rd at 6 pm Eastern time is what I had proposed. Do folks want to chime in for this?

Covid reserve positions - I can increase the number of bench and reserve positions due to Covid positives just for this season. Let me know if that works. Right now, we have 6 on the bench, 1 for reserve. I could change it to 8 on the bench, 3 for reserve. 

Remove field goal kicker  - What do you guys think of removing the variability of a field goal kicker that truly doesn't add much to fantasy rosters?

@Virtuoso80
@Rich Cannon

@Juanjo

@Bluefire4
@IndyD4U
@spoonfish

@Chucklez

@onebad150

@Btown_Colt

35 minutes ago, onebad150 said:

Sounds good to me and I really like the Covid19 provision. We might have to do some big time roster moves if a team has to sit out because of a  breakout.

Let us cross our fingers and hope it never comes to that. Here is Daurice Fountain starting at #1 WR for the Colts, yikes!!! :dunno: Larger rosters and practice squads for real NFL teams help as well.

I am ok with any of the propose draft dates / times, so long as it is no later than 6pm Eastern start as i am based in the UK and the draft takes a good hour and a bit.... meaning i will be up until like 12:30 / 1am just doing the draft on a work night.

Though, if id have to order them in preference, id say 2nd Sept, 3rd Sept then 1st Sept.

1)I vote we keep kickers. I’d vote to drop kickers if we  replace it with IDP.
2)I like your proposal for add/drop and increased roster spots.  Man, that is going to be a long draft.

3)I’m fine with what you have for waivers and seeding.  Seems like everyone is fine on these two until the season starts.

4) I’ll make any draft time work.

7 hours ago, Chucklez said:

I am ok with any of the propose draft dates / times, so long as it is no later than 6pm Eastern start as i am based in the UK and the draft takes a good hour and a bit.... meaning i will be up until like 12:30 / 1am just doing the draft on a work night.

Though, if id have to order them in preference, id say 2nd Sept, 3rd Sept then 1st Sept.

What about the other proposals other than the draft time?

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

What about the other proposals?

I forgot to put in my answers for the other stuff :facepalm:

1.  I like the waiver process proposed.  Makes sense since at the half way point it keeps things balanced.

2.  Works for me.  

3.  I don't remember needing 6 add/drops in a week myself in previous years, but with the Covid situation, might be a good idea to increase the max to either 7 or 8.  We may or may not see a outbreak for a certain team like we saw in the MLB, which effects scoring for that team and the team they are playing that week.

4.  I was thinking Sept. 3rd at 6pm EST since it would be closer to the season opener and gives us a couple more days to see how things are looking (Covid wise) and give us a better look at the depth charts since there are no preseason games this year.

5.  Having an expanded reserve and bench could help ease the burden of churning rosters with waivers.  I would think if we expand the bench and reserve, would we need to increase the max add/drops per week?

6.  We could remove the kicker position, possibly replace it with a different position, I see @spoonfish mention IDP, that could be something we could try.  If not, that's okay too.

Alright, these are the decisions:

1. Waiver process will be based on rolling waivers through week 8, based on rankings after that.

2. 6th seed for the playoffs will be the team with a minimum of 5 wins and the highest points scored among the last 7 teams.

3. Since we are expanding bench to 8 and reserve spots to 3 due to Covid, we will keep the weekly adds/drops the same.

4. September 3rd, 6 pm ET will be draft time

5. Bench will be expanded to 8 and reserve expanded to 3 due to Covid situations.

6. No kicker for this year in the league. You can stock up on a whole lot of No.2 RBs and No.2 WRs with the expanded bench. :) 

Alright folks, I have waited patiently for @Rich Cannon (from last year) and @Statiik82 (2nd place in Joe's league). @Colt92 (the commish of Joe's league) is the 3rd place guy and I even reached out to the 4th place guy in the Joe's league, no response. I have tried emailing about 3 times, sending PMs about 2 times since the beginning of July till now (August 21st). Only @Korey, the 1st place team from the Joe's league responded and joined.

What is the best course of action here? Do I let back @Valpo2004 into the Elite league since he placed at 11th in the elite league for 1 slot and go after the 5th place user in the Joe's league for the 2nd slot to continue having 12 teams? Or something else?

Thoughts??

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Alright folks, I have waited patiently for @Rich Cannon (from last year) and @Statiik82 (2nd place in Joe's league). @Colt92 (the commish of Joe's league) is the 3rd place guy and I even reached out to the 4th place guy in the Joe's league, no response. I have tried emailing about 3 times, sending PMs about 2 times since the beginning of July till now (August 21st). Only @Korey, the 1st place team from the Joe's league responded and joined.

What is the best course of action here? Do I let back @Valpo2004 into the Elite league since he placed at 11th in the elite league for 1 slot and go after the 5th place user in the Joe's league for the 2nd slot to continue having 12 teams? Or something else?

Thoughts??

I realize you have to go through the Joe's league to get to this league, but from the fantasy advice I give every year and how good I am in general at fantasy football, I believe I would be qualified to join this league without winning the Joe's league. It's completely up to you, but I will join if you need an extra person at the last second. Just let me know. I understand either way.

Archived