Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Forum Elite League 2020 Season


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Statiik82 said:

Hey! Is it too late? I have been swamped the past month and haven't logged on at all.

 

Apologize about the delay guys, if I am too late I understand.

 

But, if it is still open I am 100% in! 


Based on the rules, yes, you’re in. Better late than never. Is your email still the same or has it changed? PM me the best email you can definitely be reached at, I’ll send an invite no later than tomorrow. No more delays please. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had to remove some posts that had gone way off topic and turned into personal bickering. Let's try and keep this topic just to league matters and keep it civil please.    On that note t

So, for the past several years, I've came here and made a post about how I am going to regain my supremacy in this league this year and once again be on top. Every year that I have done this my team h

Thanks for the endorsement, Juan. I went ahead and randomized it 3 times, and this was the draft order (not a fan of my spot, got CMC at #3 last year):   @Virtuoso80 @Btown_Colt @o

Posted Images

Not to pile, but at what point would we want to consider not dropping the lowest two in our league (this year only)?  If the league suspends or cancels, I’m assuming we are all in agreement we would do the same.  If a team has to reschedule, depending on when, it could really complicate things for us.  I’m actually in favor for sticking to the results regardless (fair or not).  I just think it worth discussing before games and results happen.  Don’t want any hard feelings.  Also never been a fan of “playing it by ear”.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, spoonfish said:

Not to pile, but at what point would we want to consider not dropping the lowest two in our league (this year only)?  If the league suspends or cancels, I’m assuming we are all in agreement we would do the same.  If a team has to reschedule, depending on when, it could really complicate things for us.  I’m actually in favor for sticking to the results regardless (fair or not).  I just think it worth discussing before games and results happen.  Don’t want any hard feelings.  Also never been a fan of “playing it by ear”.


I’m not sure. It’s hard to make everyone happy. We have finally accomplished the goal of getting the top 2 in Joes league. The 3rd and 4th place guys in Joes league aren’t available and responding respectively. So I’m leaving the door open for one of the bottom two. Yes, I’m no fan of rewarding the bottom two either but since I’m still holding out for @Rich Cannon, I might as well keep @Valpo2004 as Plan B and @SteelCityColt as Plan C. 

 

I would encourage guys like @Jared Cisneros to join the Joes league to do it the “legalistic” way so to speak. Same for others that feel they’re good enough to be and beat the best.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I meant at the end of this season.  I’m trying to prevent additional headaches where some complains the results aren’t fair due to COVID.  I just wanted to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spoonfish said:

Sorry I meant at the end of this season.  I’m trying to prevent additional headaches where some complains the results aren’t fair due to COVID.  I just wanted to make sure everyone is on the same page.


We have expanded the bench. 3 starting WRs went out for @Juanjo after the first round of playoffs last year, still made The Finals, this was without Covid. Sh@@ happens, not accepting any whining.
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:


We have expanded the bench. 3 starting WRs went out for @Juanjo after the first round of playoffs last year, still made The Finals, this was without Covid. Sh@@ happens, not accepting any whining.
 

Totally agree.  So let it be written, so let it be done.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I've had to remove some posts that had gone way off topic and turned into personal bickering. Let's try and keep this topic just to league matters and keep it civil please. 

 

On that note then, correct me if I'm wrong @chad72, you're just waiting on @Valpo2004 to answer? Not that I have a say (currently anyway) but suggest the league agrees a cut off date to finalise who is in/out? 

Yep, August 30th

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This is the final list I have. I am going to use the list of names below to randomize the draft order by using a randomizer and 3 sorts.

 

Virtuoso80

Juanjo

Bluefire4

IndyD4U

Spoonfish

Chad72

Chucklez

onebad150

Btown_Colt

Korey

Statiik82

Team12 (might be @Rich Cannon or @Valpo2004 or @SteelCityColt)

 

I am going to set up a GoToMeeting for the same. Let me know which one of you would like to view the randomization and I can send the invite to you so that you can see that the order I arrive at, LIVE, is what I will post here, just to ensure transparency.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

I think we trust you after all this time in the league! Just want to know the order to start mocking as crazy :rock:

 

Thanks for the endorsement, Juan. I went ahead and randomized it 3 times, and this was the draft order (not a fan of my spot, got CMC at #3 last year):

 

@Virtuoso80

@Btown_Colt

@onebad150

@spoonfish

@IndyD4U

@chad72

@Statiik82

@Korey

Team12 - @Rich Cannon or @Valpo2004 or @SteelCityColt

@Bluefire4

@Chucklez

@Juanjo

 

Happy mocking till September 3rd, 6 pm ET!!! I copied and pasted the screen shot of my randomization as well, blacked out my IP for security reasons.

 

image.thumb.png.523142fb43900c132e3b9fd19fa43701.png

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Juanjo said:

My trust got a small hit when you randomized me to the last spot :funny:

 

Hey, I think that is a good spot because you have #1 waiver priority each of the first 8 weeks till you decide to use it. Plus, that is why I copied and pasted my randomization screenshot with my IP blacked out. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Hey, I think that is a good spot because you have #1 waiver priority each of the first 8 weeks till you decide to use it. Plus, that is why I copied and pasted my randomization screenshot with my IP blacked out. :) 

Just a joke! I love drafting in the last spot, I love the double pick in the turn of the first round. And with a 1st waiver... So happy!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

Thanks for the endorsement, Juan. I went ahead and randomized it 3 times, and this was the draft order (not a fan of my spot, got CMC at #3 last year):

 

@Virtuoso80

@Btown_Colt

@onebad150

@spoonfish

@IndyD4U

@chad72

@Statiik82

@Korey

Team12 - @Rich Cannon or @Valpo2004 or @SteelCityColt

@Bluefire4

@Chucklez

@Juanjo

 

Happy mocking till September 3rd, 6 pm ET!!! I copied and pasted the screen shot of my randomization as well, blacked out my IP for security reasons.

 

image.thumb.png.523142fb43900c132e3b9fd19fa43701.png

 

I’ll trade spots with you if you’d like!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I’ll trade spots with you if you’d like!


Hey, got to honor the randomizer. I’m sure you can figure a strategy out by mocking enough, I’ve seen you play. Sometimes it takes a few risks. 2 extra bench spots gives everyone options, I’m realizing. Plus it’s a bit of luck in FF.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, chad72 said:


Hey, got to honor the randomizer. I’m sure you can figure a strategy out by mocking enough, I’ve seen you play. Sometimes it takes a few risks. 2 extra bench spots gives everyone options, I’m realizing. Plus it’s a bit of luck in FF.

I was just messing with ya...I do like being in the middle though. Seems every time I get a 1 or 2 pick the player gets injured.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I was just messing with ya...I do like being in the middle though. Seems every time I get a 1 or 2 pick the player gets injured.


If your other guys had showed up, Barkley had a monster game on championship weekend, if you had gotten there. Luck has a way of correcting itself over time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I will play in the Elite league if the spot is still open.

 

Thanks

 

Can you do me a favor and check back on August 30th? I told everyone I will keep the spot open for @Rich Cannon first till August 30th and then it will be you in the pecking order.

 

I want to stay true to that if that is OK with you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2020 at 6:31 PM, Btown_Colt said:

I was just messing with ya...I do like being in the middle though. Seems every time I get a 1 or 2 pick the player gets injured.

I think I picked 1st the 1st year I got in the elite league, and then won the championship.  It's pretty much luck hoping the players stay healthy.  I believe I picked Gurley 1st that year, but it also helped that I had him paired with Mahomes that year too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Didn’t know where else to ask this but what y’all think about mack being behind Taylor and Hines for fantasy rankings? He’s like 130 something.. crazzzzy

 

Good question!!! Probably how most folks think how things will shape up by the end of the season. If it is a full blown timeshare, which it could be like Addai and Rhodes, Taylor is a bit too high and Mack is definitely lower, both by probably a round.

 

Place your questions moving forward here:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, for the past several years, I've came here and made a post about how I am going to regain my supremacy in this league this year and once again be on top. Every year that I have done this my team has succumbed to many challenges and I've found myself usually mid-pack.

 

I'm not one to break tradition so....

 

I'm just letting you all know that you're doomed. IndyD4U will once again lay the smack down on all ya'll :rock:

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I was doing terrible to start with anyways, but my team has been absolutely decimated by injury in one week.

- Chubb, out for at least 6 weeks.
- Ekeler, out for at least 4-6 weeks

My now starting RB is Devin Singletary.... and no one else.

Hello average Joes league for 2021/2022....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chucklez said:

I was doing terrible to start with anyways, but my team has been absolutely decimated by injury in one week.

- Chubb, out for at least 6 weeks.
- Ekeler, out for at least 4-6 weeks

My now starting RB is Devin Singletary.... and no one else.

Hello average Joes league for 2021/2022....

 

I know the feeling, I have Drake and Ekeler in another league and had to make a trade to give up Mark Ingram for Chase Edmonds. Drake either loses his job or Edmonds gets more reps, is what I anticipate. It is a chance you take.

 

You have to keep fighting. You do know that even if you finish (say) 2-11 at the end of the season, you have a loser's bracket and unless you finish Bottom 2 in that loser's bracket, you will not be Bottom 2 truly. That keeps everyone playing waivers, being engaged. So, a guy that finishes 8th, if he runs into bad luck in the loser's bracket, could end up in the Bottom 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

 

I know the feeling, I have Drake and Ekeler in another league and had to make a trade to give up Mark Ingram for Chase Edmonds. Drake either loses his job or Edmonds gets more reps, is what I anticipate. It is a chance you take.

 

You have to keep fighting. You do know that even if you finish (say) 2-11 at the end of the season, you have a loser's bracket and unless you finish Bottom 2 in that loser's bracket, you will not be Bottom 2 truly. That keeps everyone playing waivers, being engaged. So, a guy that finishes 8th, if he runs into bad luck in the loser's bracket, could end up in the Bottom 2.

Oh dont worry i wasnt gonna just outright quit! Im not that guy. Ruins it for everyone else.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Honestly, keep running well and improving your vision and find the holes. The YPC is becoming very consistent and solid. Just find the holes, don't fumble, and you should be alright.   The way teams are stacking the box Vs him just shows how good he actually is already. Rivers isn't doing him any favors tbh.
    • It totally amazes me to have a pretty good defense but if they don't play as good as the 85 Bears, they suck.                                                                                                                                                                          
    • Probably one of the most underrated players because of the knee injury he suffered in 2001. Edge could do it all. I couldn't believe how quick and explosive he was and how effortlessly he was able to juke defenders out of their cleats. He could pass block and had some of the best not only on the team, but one of the best pass catching running backs of all time.
    • I usually eat my “night-time meal” after 9pm.  Its either the biggest or 2nd biggest meal of my day.  I dont eat breakfast.  Lunch between 11 and 1.  Dinner between 5 and 6 usually.  And then... tadaaa... the nightine meal.  As i usually dont go to bed before 2, sometimes i’ll even have a snack (1 or 2 pnut butter n jelly, or a couple bannanas).  Oh, and i drink pepsi all day too. The best part is, i’m 55, 6’3”, and weigh what i did in high school and college.  To gain weight, i have to hit the free weights HARD, and add alot of pasta, milkshakes, donuts, etc to my diet.  Im ok with the latter, but that exercise crap will kill ya!   I burn calories watching the Boston marathon while half-asleep and laying on the couch i think.   I have stopped telling these facts to women, as the looks i get could melt steel.  They cant just be happy for me.  I’ve also ticked a few off when they wanted us to check our fat % on one of those gizmos at a brookstone or sharper image store. Good, clean livin’.  Haha
    • Just because Ballard decided to go a different route has nothing to do with his ability to scout QBs.  Him trading a 13th pick for Buckner was a no brainer.  As far as what Ballard did or didn't do in regards to trading up, is a complete unknown. We don't know what Ballard is doing till it's already done.  We still don't know how Eason is going to work out so I wouldn't be so quick to judge. 
  • Members

    • NFLfan

      NFLfan 10,305

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 13isaghost

      13isaghost 0

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyD4U

      IndyD4U 3,199

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jskinnz

      jskinnz 5,757

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyEric07

      IndyEric07 45

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dunk

      Dunk 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • VikingsFanInChennai

      VikingsFanInChennai 219

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 5,468

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jdubu

      Jdubu 1,628

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • nfatta

      nfatta 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...