Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeAndre Baker and Quintin Dunbar arrested for armed robbery

This is why the Colts put such a high premium on character. 

And, no, not every team does, no matter what they say publicly. 

But every time someone here says, “why didn’t we draft THIS guy, he’s so much better than the guy we picked”, the first thing I think of....   is character. 

Among the reasons I’ve always enjoyed cheering for the Colts is that their roster is loaded with guys that are easy to root for.  High character, high quality guys.   Makes being a fan much more enjoyable. 

12 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is terrible. These guys just ruined their lives. Wasn’t there some colt fans that wanted Baker.

Terrible would be what happened to the Dolphin's DT Norton, who lost an arm in a traffic accident. This is flat out hood crap. Apparently gambling and a sense of "keeping it real" ending both their careers. How in the hell did they think they would get away with it, although maybe they have been and have been getting away with it..  

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is why the Colts put such a high premium on character. 

And, no, not every team does, no matter what they say publicly. 

But every time someone here says, “why didn’t we draft THIS guy, he’s so much better than the guy we picked”, the first thing I think of....   is character. 

Among the reasons I’ve always enjoyed cheering for the Colts is that their roster is loaded with guys that are easy to root for.  High character, high quality guys.   Makes being a fan much more enjoyable. 

I agree that for the most part they seem to grab good guys.  The Colts have had their fair share of * over the years though... And I can't stand the sanctimonious self righteous fan label we seemed to pick up as a group during the manning years.

18 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I agree that for the most part they seem to grab good guys.  The Colts have had their fair share of * over the years though... And I can't stand the sanctimonious self righteous fan label we seemed to pick up as a group during the manning years.

Horse dung. 

3 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Terrible would be what happened to the Dolphin's DT Norton, who lost an arm in a traffic accident. This is flat out hood crap. Apparently gambling and a sense of "keeping it real" ending both their careers. How in the hell did they think they would get away with it, although maybe they have been and have been getting away with it..  

agreed I guess I have a different definition 

50 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Who?

Being Antisocial and/or having an attitude is different than being criminal 

16 hours ago, csmopar said:

Okay, so you’re making millions yet rob someone. 

Here's more-

"One witness told cops they had met Baker and Dunbar at a party a few days earlier in Miami -- at which the NFL players had "lost" around $70,000.

Our sources tell us the men had "lost" the money in high-stakes card games and other forms of gambling.

One witness told cops the men were gambling again at the May 13 event ... when an argument broke out and Baker allegedly flipped a table and busted out his piece.

According to cops, some people at the party believe it was a planned robbery because when the 3 men were done taking valuables, there were 3 getaway cars strategically positioned to "expedite an immediate departure."

FYI, the alleged getaway cars were SICK -- a Lamborghini, a Mercedes-Benz and a BMW."

Maybe their car payments were due?  SMH

20 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is terrible. These guys just ruined their lives. Wasn’t there some colt fans that wanted Baker.

This is definitely an ignorant act by these two for sure. I’m not sure what can enter a persons mindset to do something like this. Everyone knows who you are at the table. At the very least, the organizer of the event knows you. You are going to get called out and named and go to jail. It’s insane. I just can’t even begin to think of how they thought this action wasn’t going to end very badly for them. 

as for wanting this Baker kid on the team, I think many did want him, he was a top talent at his position. I’m not sure any team evaluations can reveal potential lunacy like this out of a guy with no apparent actions like this in his history. It’s an unfortunate case of pure stupidity it appears. 

22 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

{snip}

as for wanting this Baker kid on the team, I think many did want him, he was a top talent at his position. I’m not sure any team evaluations can reveal potential lunacy like this out of a guy with no apparent actions like this in his history. It’s an unfortunate case of pure stupidity it appears. 

Colts can, that was why Brian Decker was hired on staff -

https://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/24554/ex-green-beret-evaluates-potential-colts-with-military-precision

Poor Giants they traded their #37, 132 and 142 to get back into the 1sr round to take him. And he also had a lackluster rookie season as well. Now this.

52 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Colts can, that was why Brian Decker was hired on staff -

https://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/24554/ex-green-beret-evaluates-potential-colts-with-military-precision

Poor Giants they traded their #37, 132 and 142 to get back into the 1sr round to take him. And he also had a lackluster rookie season as well. Now this.

No, they aren’t 100% immune either. You can certainly mitigate, and it appears the colts have but at the end of the day, everyone has a skeleton in their closet and everyone has a side of them that others don’t always know about. All it takes is that one influence and that one risk to become a headline. Nobody is immune. Could our team see these types of issues and removed them from their board, we will usually never know. 

6 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

No, they aren’t 100% immune either. You can certainly mitigate, and it appears the colts have but at the end of the day, everyone has a skeleton in their closet and everyone has a side of them that others don’t always know about. All it takes is that one influence and that one risk to become a headline. Nobody is immune. Could our team see these types of issues and removed them from their board, we will usually never know. 

No issue like this is 100% but the Colts swing the odds in their favor by having Brian Decker on the staff doing his due diligence. 

So yes, we do know. 

3 hours ago, Jdubu said:

No, they aren’t 100% immune either.

Nothing on this earth involving humans is 100%. But his past, and current success rate is unsurpassed.

You can certainly mitigate, and it appears the colts have but at the end of the day, everyone has a skeleton in their closet and everyone has a side of them that others don’t always know about. All it takes is that one influence and that one risk to become a headline. Nobody is immune. Could our team see these types of issues and removed them from their board, we will usually never know. 

Ballard, the scouts and coaches know the measureables and spot talent. Decker has to quantify the previously unquantifiable. His job is to find those skeletons (and much more), and determine if they will cause issues or interfere at any/some point.  Some excerpts on his job-

"He probes draft prospects, digging into their psyche, and tries to uncover what others can't. He coaches the scouts, counsels the players and meets with the head coach. Perhaps most significantly, he offers the general manager a set of eyes that are indifferent to the on-field talent  that so often clouds evaluations in this league.

How much of an impact has Decker had? Some inside the building believe he’s one of the smartest people in the organization. Some outside it believe he’s among the most innovative in all of football.

Decker's past with the Green Beret's, how he reverse engineered more than 500 course failures, revamping a tired selection process and watching their success rate climb by as much as 30 percent. What Decker had learned then, and what his work could prove: there was a whole lot more to finding the best candidates than simply seeing which ones could survive three grueling weeks of physical training."

You should read the whole story here if you are not familiar.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2019/05/08/how-former-green-beret-has-changed-colts-thinking/3625380002/

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

According to ESPN

Dunbar’s Attorney has witness statement that says their client was not involved

There's more though-

Police said Friday that the arrest warrants still stand, none of the victims or witnesses have recanted their stories to them and neither player has turned himself in.

"We have taped, sworn statements from four victims and one witness. If they are changing their statements, we welcome them to come into our police department and give us a new statement," Miramar Police

According to the arrest warrant affidavit, multiple witnesses said at one point during the incident Baker ordered another suspect wearing a red mask to shoot an individual who was just entering the party.

The affidavit includes conflicting accounts from witnesses as to whether Dunbar was armed, with some saying they didn't see a gun in his possession.

Grieco cites this as an example of unreliable witnesses and said he believes it is "ridiculous" that Dunbar is still expected to turn himself in.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29180839/affidavits-clear-seahawks-quinton-dunbar-alleged-robbery

9 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

In rebuttal because the PD did as well {regarding arrest warrants, rejecting to do interviews, public announcements, etc.}. It's the Information Age.

I guess but I just dislike either the PD or the lawyers involved getting a head start on the public opinion aspect of criminal cases. 

It makes for potential jurors to be pre biased. 

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess but I just dislike either the PD or the lawyers involved getting a head start on the public opinion aspect of criminal cases. 

It makes for potential jurors to be pre biased. 

Typically, I agree, However, Coronavirus does make face to face TV interviews and Public Announcements more difficult to do properly.  And the public opinion matters (via use of twitter) was why defense lawyers responded quickly in kind.

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2020 at 5:45 PM, ColtJax said:

I'm sure with their money and fame they can come up with many "witnesses" to say what they need.

Yes, and that's exactly what they did!

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-deandre-baker-quinton-dunbar-icloud-warrant-coverup-20200710-luc6jyesjjes5e3l56g4bpbnqm-story.html

Video evidence, Instagram DMs, testimony show payoff cover-up for DeAndre Baker and Quinton Dunbar, further implicate NFL players in crime. The warrant allegedly shows witness Dominic Johnson oversaw the payoff of DeAndre Baker’s and Quinton Dunbar’s four alleged victims at the office of Dunbar’s attorney, Michael Grieco. 

Dominic Johnson Instagram DM: “I made them same n----s that said they got robbed come in and say them Boys ain’t have nothing to Do with it.” Baker DM to Johnson: "Yo I’m in the city now getting cash how much to bring ?? I’m tryna get there too u ASAP.”

Unnamed team sources, asked for comment on our breaking news, said they would not expect DeAndre Baker to remain on the Giants roster much longer.”

2 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-deandre-baker-quinton-dunbar-icloud-warrant-coverup-20200710-luc6jyesjjes5e3l56g4bpbnqm-story.html

Video evidence, Instagram DMs, testimony show payoff cover-up for DeAndre Baker and Quinton Dunbar, further implicate NFL players in crime. The warrant allegedly shows witness Dominic Johnson oversaw the payoff of DeAndre Baker’s and Quinton Dunbar’s four alleged victims at the office of Dunbar’s attorney, Michael Grieco. 

Dominic Johnson Instagram DM: “I made them same n----s that said they got robbed come in and say them Boys ain’t have nothing to Do with it.” Baker DM to Johnson: "Yo I’m in the city now getting cash how much to bring ?? I’m tryna get there too u ASAP.”

Unnamed team sources, asked for comment on our breaking news, said they would not expect DeAndre Baker to remain on the Giants roster much longer.”

Wow....    how dumb can they get?

Conspiracy to obstruct justice for starters.   They text about it so there is a trail of evidence, and they take money out of a bank to make the payoffs, so the paper trail against the two is now even longer!

Someone is having a bad, bad day!   Their lawyers are going to be very busy!    :thmup:

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wow....    how dumb can they get?

Conspiracy to obstruct justice for starters.   They text about it so there is a trail of evidence, and they take money out of a bank to make the payoffs, so the paper trail against the two is now even longer!

Someone is having a bad, bad day!   Their lawyers are going to be very busy!    :thmup:

I have to admit I wouldn't want that case trying to defend them. Those 2 have a long road ahead of them. 

On 7/11/2020 at 9:12 AM, Dogg63 said:

Just when you think they cannot be any dumber.   

I wonder how they handled splitting the money as they did?

On 7/13/2020 at 3:45 PM, Myles said:

Just when you think they cannot be any dumber.   

I wonder how they handled splitting the money as they did?

Dunbar: we’re splitting the money in half 

Baker: okay, get the scissors 

Archived