Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If we rewind ten years of draft evolution

Coltivated

3 minutes ago, Coltivated said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Taylor and Eason would be top 5-10 picks in the draft. Hell I bet with the accolades Taylor might be in consideration for top overall pick. This is my opinion anyway

A running back?   As the top overall pick?   Do you mean in the draft?  

No.   Sorry, but no.    

Saquan Barkley and Zeke Elliott weren’t the top overall picks, and as good as Taylor is — he’s not as good as either of those guys.

7 minutes ago, Coltivated said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Taylor and Eason would be top 5-10 picks in the draft. Hell I bet with the accolades Taylor might be in consideration for top overall pick. This is my opinion anyway

love your member name.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.   Sorry, but no.    

Saquan Barkley and Zeke Elliott weren’t the top overall picks, and as good as Taylor is — he’s not as good as either of those guys.

This is as in 10 years ago. Back then, teams wanted big-armed pocket passers and grinding RBs. 

12 minutes ago, Coltivated said:

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.   Sorry, but no.    

2 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

This is as in 10 years ago. Back then, teams wanted big-armed pocket passers and grinding RBs. 

Maybe 20 years ago, but 10 years ago teams had already switched to the RB-by-committee approach and more mobile QBs.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.   Sorry, but no.    

The jury is still out on that one. I think taylor was better  than both as far as college  product goes.

The best part about the Taylor pick is before  the draft I was salivating  about pairing  Gurley  or Gordon with Mack because  I knew our running game would be  unstoppable  with two backs of that caliber on our roster and then we go and draft Taylor. Seems irsay, reich, and Ballard  had the same idea.

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.   Sorry, but no.    

The OP isn't the only person that thinks JT is comparable to Saquan. DeAngelo Hall just compared JT to Saquan on NFLN. Since he actually has played football at the professional level and to the best of my knowledge,you have not,I'll go with his opinion over yours.

39 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Yeah....   did I misread what the OP write?   Isn’t he saying Taylor is good enough to be the first overall pick in the draft?   Or did I misunderstand his meaning?  

25 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

The OP isn't the only person that thinks JT is comparable to Saquan. DeAngelo Hall just compared JT to Saquan on NFLN. Since he actually has played football at the professional level and to the best of my knowledge,you have not,I'll go with his opinion over yours.

Allow me to remind you and DeAngelo...   Barkley went 2nd overall. Taylor just went 41st. 

The NFL just said they don’t agree.  I think I’ll side with the National Football League. 

I’d be embarrassed if I were Hall. 

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Title of the thread :hat:

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Arent you the same guy who noted a few minutes ago this might’ve been true 20 years ago, but not 10?   That argument supports my position, not the OP’s. 

:hat:

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Arent you the same guy who noted a few minutes ago this might’ve been true 20 years ago, but not 10?   That argument supports my position, not the OP’s. 

He is saying that 10 years ago, a RB with Taylors' resume or Easons' arm would have been a top 5-10 pick...

Maybe "If we rewind ten years of draft evolution" was a weird choice of words?

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You think Taylor was better in college?

Oh-Kay......

Rushing wise yes. Barkley  was better as far as receiving  goes by a landslide. Rushing wise he averaged  a full yard per carry more than Barkley and was equal to elliots 6.7 despite  getting  way more carries than  elliot.

16 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

He is saying that 10 years ago, a RB with Taylors' resume or Easons' arm would have been a top 5-10 pick...

Maybe "If we rewind ten years of draft evolution" was a weird choice of words?

Here are the words I responded to....

"Hell I bet with the accolades Taylor might be in consideration for top overall pick."

15 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Rushing wise yes. Barkley  was better as far as receiving  goes by a landslide. Rushing wise he averaged  a full yard per carry more than Barkley and was equal to elliots 6.7 despite  getting  way more carries than  elliot.

OK...    that's your view.

My view is the top RB is more than just his rushing yards.    Can he catch the ball,  can he block in pass pro and so on.    Saquan and Zeke are far superior.    That's why both were top-5 during an era where RB's are devalued.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

My view is the top RB is more than just his rushing yards.    Can he catch the ball,  can he block in pass pro and so on.    Saquan and Zeke are far superior.    That's why both were top-5 during an era where RB's are devalued.

I think he will be good at both those things. Hopefully  there is a season. That ravens game could break the record for most rushing yards  in a game by two teams combined. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here are the words I responded to....

"Hell I bet with the accolades Taylor might be in consideration for top overall pick."

You quoted the entire OP when you first posted in this thread...  I think there's just been a miscommunication, not trying to disagree with you.  :shake:

The last time a RB was drafted #1 overall was 1995 (25 years ago).  Hence, me saying that maybe 20 years ago a RB like Taylor would have been drafted that high.  :cheers:

Yeah ok i admit maybe closer to twenty years ago.  When backs mostly just ran the ball. They were consistently picked in the top five. Talor is in that mold. Three consecutive 2,000 plus guitars seasons is no joke. Eason is in the mold of JaMarcus Russell arm talent wise. That's what they wanted back then. 

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You crack me up.... sometimes. Either way respect for always staying in character.:hat:

18 minutes ago, life long said:

You crack me up.... sometimes. Either way respect for always staying in character.:hat:

In character?    I’m not putting on a show.   I’ve been here for 8 years.   You’re the first person to accuse me of “being in character.”   Sorry you think it’s an act.   It’s not.  

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

In character?    I’m not putting on a show.   I’ve been here for 8 years.   You’re the first person to accuse me of “being in character.”   Sorry you think it’s an act.   It’s not.  

Sorry, I should have said "remaining consistent with your remarks and comments." 

9 minutes ago, life long said:

Sorry, I should have said "remaining consistent with your remarks and comments." 

Thank you.   I appreciate that.   Sincerely.  

I know I won’t win a lot of popularity contests, and I’m ok with that.   But I try to be honest, consistent, and direct.   I understand my rough edges rub some the wrong way.   It’s a constant battle for me not to go too far. 

I succeed some and fail more than I’d like.  But I’m always trying to get better, even when sometimes it doesn’t look that way.   I’m on a short leash now.  Hoping it will keep me in line.  So, I’m trying....

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Allow me to remind you and DeAngelo...   Barkley went 2nd overall. Taylor just went 41st. 

The NFL just said they don’t agree.  I think I’ll side with the National Football League. 

I’d be embarrassed if I were Hall. 

The NFL said it? Lol

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh, you stay in character . A know it all ...no body else's opinion matters...only you're own. That's your "character".

Archived