Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft Mondays: QB is still a popular choice for Colts

Post Rivers signing, QB is still a popular choice.

Sums below, but if you want to see who picked who, and in what combinations, check the link.

https://www.colts.com/news/mock-draft-monday-2020-nfl-draft-0323

QB - 7

WR - 7

DT - 3

TE - 2

G - 2

S - 1

CB -1

DE - 1

Jacob Eason, QB, Washington: 4 selections

Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma: 2 selections

Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson: 2 selections

Jordan Love, QB, Utah State: 2 selections

Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame: 2 selections

Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU: 2 selections

Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State: 1 selection

Grant Delpit, S, LSU: 1 selection

Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri: 1 selection

Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia: 1 selection

Robert Hunt, G/T, Louisiana-Lafayette: 1 selection

Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn: 1 selection

Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor: 1 selection

Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado: 1 selection

John Simpson, G, Clemson: 1 selection

Josh Uche, DE, Michigan: 1 selection

37 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The only one I really don't want, is Fromm. Not excited about the G or DE picks either.

Why do you dislike Fromm so much? Watch him win championships for the hated Pats. He seems like someone that the Pats would draft.

Btw, you're a big draft guy. Will you be following the Gavin Mock Draft on the Colts Forum? We are going seven rounds.

45 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

A little surprised all the love for Eason, and a little surprised Gordon was not picked at all. 

The only one I really don't want, is Fromm. Not excited about the G or DE picks either.

This is just a summary of the Colts first pick, that is why there was no Gordon.  As much as I like Gordon I think he is a 4th round pick, maybe a 3rd round if they hear something from his agent.

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Why do you dislike Fromm so much? Watch him win championships for the hated Pats. He seems like someone that the Pats would draft.

Btw, you're a big draft guy. Will you be following the Gavin Mock Draft on the Colts Forum? We are going seven rounds.

I've watched Fromm a bunch through his career, and several games in person. Many of my friends are UGA fans, so I've hear plenty from them too.

In short, I see a pure game manager at best, with a very questionable arm. They had such a good OL and running game, he didn't get a lot of focus from opponents. His performances really varied a bunch too, which is weird if you've looked at his game logs.

Purely my opinion, but UGA would have won the NC had they kept Fields. Sure he might have success as a game manager in the right system surrounded by a lot of talent, but I'll never be on board with a game manager offense. 

6 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

This is just a summary of the Colts first pick, that is why there was no Gordon.  As much as I like Gordon I think he is a 4th round pick, maybe a 3rd round if they hear something from his agent.

I think it includes multiple picks. Check out the link. Shows two selections for a lot of the mockers. Just my opinion, but I see Gordon gone by R3 and may creep into late R2. A lot of big boards had him above Fromm and even Hurts. They all fluctuate, but he got a nice post combine boost from some boards.

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Ok, the thing is they did not enlist your big board.  Most draft pundits see both Simpson and Fromm with a 2nd round grade.

CBS's big board list Simpson as 127, Walter has him at 173. I've also seen him as high as the 2nd round, but frankly he's all over the place. Given the reviews I've read on him, I don't see him going in the 2nd. Way too deficient in pass pro, slow off the line, and way to many holding penalties. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I will be following. I was going to tell him to put me down as an alternate if anyone pulls out late.

I did something similar with guys that take it serious last year. Fun stuff. Not big on being another team though.

49 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

CBS's big board list Simpson as 127, Walter has him at 173. I've also seen him as high as the 2nd round, but frankly he's all over the place. Given the reviews I've read on him, I don't see him going in the 2nd. Way too deficient in pass pro, slow off the line, and way to many holding penalties. 

And the Draft Bible has Simpson has the #1 guard and a solid round two prospect.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I've watched Fromm a bunch through his career, and several games in person. Many of my friends are UGA fans, so I've hear plenty from them too.

In short, I see a pure game manager at best, with a very questionable arm. They had such a good OL and running game, he didn't get a lot of focus from opponents. His performances really varied a bunch too, which is weird if you've looked at his game logs.

Purely my opinion, but UGA would have won the NC had they kept Fields. Sure he might have success as a game manager in the right system surrounded by a lot of talent, but I'll never be on board with a game manager offense. 

As long as we're on the topic of Georgia football and you're a Bulldog fan.... how do you like Jamie Newman coming in from Wake Forest?

And if the Colts stand pat with Rivers - JB - Kelly.... how about him as a prospect for next year? 

IMO.... he's similar in traits to Jordan Love, but against much netter competition.... and maybe a guy to watch.

9 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

And the Draft Bible has Simpson has the #1 guard and a solid round two prospect.

Fair to say CBS and Walter might be a little more mainstream/experienced..... never heard of Draft Bible. Draftek has him 2nd as well. 

In short, I can find several that have him in the 2nd, but also several that have 3rd-5th. He's certainly not a unanimous 2nd round guy, which is the point. And given our needs at WR, TE, and now CB (which is arguably our biggest need now), I doubt we use 2nd round capital on a G with mixed reviews.  

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Fair to say CBS and Walter might be a little more mainstream/experienced..... never heard of Draft Bible. Draftek has him 2nd as well. 

In short, I can find several that have him in the 2nd, but also several that have 3rd-5th. He's certainly not a unanimous 2nd round guy, which is the point. And given our needs at WR, TE, and now CB (which is arguably our biggest need now), I doubt we use 2nd round capital on a G with mixed reviews.  

Draft Bible is the consumer publication from BLETSO.  The information is purchased from all 32 NFL teams, so maybe not quite so fair to say.

8 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

As long as we're on the topic of Georgia football and you're a Bulldog fan.... how do you like Jamie Newman coming in from Wake Forest?

Bite your tongue!!! I am not a UGA fan lol... I'm a HUGE ND fan. I've gone to games with buddies who are UGA fans, and also went to cheer for the teams playing them (on the road and in Athens).

As far a Newman.. He's an interesting case. Not a great surrounding cast at WF, and has definitely had his ups and downs. Looked horrible vs some ACC teams. Looked pretty good vs MSU in the bowl. I do think he's an upgrade over Fromm though. Won't likely be as safe, but IMO, he's got a higher ceiling.

And if the Colts stand pat with Rivers - JB - Kelly.... how about him as a prospect for next year? 

Wouldn't take him now, but he's got a huge opportunity in front of him to raise his stock. If he can have success vs good teams instead of padding his stats against chumps, he could rise fast. He'll have a great OL and great skill players around him.

IMO.... he's similar in traits to Jordan Love, but against much netter competition.... and maybe a guy to watch.

At this point, I still like Love a lot better in terms of ceiling. And I wouldn't give WF too much credit for competition. That league is super top heavy now, and WF's SoS was terrible. Out of conference games were a joke last year. 

And FYI, Newman played Love (@WF) last year. WF obviously has more talent compared to USU, but USU almost beat them (38-35). 

I think it includes multiple picks. Check out the link. Shows two selections for a lot of the mockers. Just my opinion, but I see Gordon gone by R3 and may creep into late R2. A lot of big boards had him above Fromm and even Hurts. They all fluctuate, but he got a nice post combine boost from some boards.

Wouldn't he have to "creep" into late round two in order to be gone by round three by default?

17 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Draft Bible is the consumer publication from BLETSO.  The information is purchased from all 32 NFL teams, so maybe not quite so fair to say.

Bletso provides scouting services like several companies do. Doesn't mean their big boards are superior. Their website looks rookie level. 

Walter and CBS placed 3 guys in the top 10 in terms of accuracy last year. How'd the Bible do?

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/mock-drafts.php

I will be following. I was going to tell him to put me down as an alternate if anyone pulls out late.

I did something similar with guys that take it serious last year. Fun stuff. Not big on being another team though.

If anyone pulls out, I will let you know.

Btw, did you see that one of your favorite non-Colts donated 82,000 meals! He needs to win Walter Payton Man of the Year next year. He does great work in the community.

Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph and his family made a donation Monday to Second Harvest Heartland to provide meals to Minnesota residents who are being hit hard by events due to the coronavirus pandemic.

“What a better way than to kick it off with 82,000 meals,’’ Rudolph told the team website. “We kind of like the number 82 in our house, so we thought that would be a great way to get this started, with a goal of much more.’’

Rudolph and his wife, Jordan, have set an overall goal of helping raise $200,000 for Second Harvest Heartland, which will provide 600,000 meals for local families.

Article link

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

If anyone pulls out, I will let you know. Btw, did you see that one of your favorite non-Colts donated 82,000 meals! He needs to win Walter Payton Man of the Year next year. He does great work in the community.

Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph and his family made a donation Monday to Second Harvest Heartland to provide meals to Minnesota residents who are being hit hard by events due to the coronavirus pandemic.

“What a better way than to kick it off with 82,000 meals,’’ Rudolph told the team website. “We kind of like the number 82 in our house, so we thought that would be a great way to get this started, with a goal of much more.’’

Rudolph and his wife, Jordan, have set an overall goal of helping raise $200,000 for Second Harvest Heartland, which will provide 600,000 meals for local families.

Yup, Rudolph is boss. Always wished he would have ended up a Colt. Such a great guy.

32 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Bletso provides scouting services like several companies do. Doesn't mean their big boards are superior. Their website looks rookie level. 

Walter and CBS placed 3 guys in the top 10 in terms of accuracy last year. How'd the Bible do?

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/mock-drafts.php

Accuracy of a mock draft.  I will slow clap later.

Actually there are only two companies that provide scouting services to the NFL and neiterh is CBS nor WalterFootball (though Walterfootball is may favorite consumer site)and both require each team that contracts with them to have send a scout to work with them.  So yes, their big boards are superior because they are done by actual working NFL scouts.  Not former scouts, not scout wannabes, not fan forum gurus, guys who's jobs depend on getting this information correct.

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Accuracy of a mock draft.  I will slow clap later.

Actually there are only two companies that provide scouting services to the NFL and neiterh is CBS nor WalterFootball (though Walterfootball is may favorite consumer site)and both require each team that contracts with them to have send a scout to work with them.  So yes, their big boards are superior because they are done by actual working NFL scouts.  Not former scouts, not scout wannabes, not fan forum gurus, guys who's jobs depend on getting this information correct.

LOL.... they both put out mocks... they both put out big boards..... The Draft Bible and their scouting reports can be had for $19.99. Their services to the NFL look to be very rudimentary and geared more to identifying the diamonds in the rough and are pretty bland. I also did a quick google on the company. Looks like BLETSO had 4 full time employees and uses a lot of x players as sub contractors to do their scouting. And teams aren't relying on BLETSO for the big stuff. It's just a surface input.

Here's one of the articles I found. 

https://www.catscratchreader.com/2014/2/5/5382854/a-deeper-look-at-blesto-scouting-services

Feel free to slow clap. You're suggesting one service is more accurate than another. I'll go with the service that's been top 2 the last two years in accuracy. 

Gallimore is an interesting prospect to me. Some risk/reward to him. He needs some work, but playing alongside Buckner could be just the ticket. What if he can become just 75% of the player Buckner is? He and Buckner could be an offensive line’s worst nightmare. 

I really don’t mind the idea, to be honest. 

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

LOL.... they both put out mocks... they both put out big boards..... The Draft Bible and their scouting reports can be had for $19.99. Their services to the NFL look to be very rudimentary and geared more to identifying the diamonds in the rough and are pretty bland. I also did a quick google on the company. Looks like BLETSO had 4 full time employees and uses a lot of x players as sub contractors to do their scouting. And teams aren't relying on BLETSO for the big stuff. It's just a surface input.

Here's one of the articles I found. 

https://www.catscratchreader.com/2014/2/5/5382854/a-deeper-look-at-blesto-scouting-services

Feel free to slow clap. You're suggesting one service is more accurate than another. I'll go with the service that's been top 2 the last two years in accuracy. 

You can use whatever site you want, but I will stick with the source that NFL teams pay several hundred thousands of dollars each year to use.

28 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You can use whatever site you want, but I will stick with the source that NFL teams pay several hundred thousands of dollars each year to use.

I think you need to do a little google research on them. I read several articles on both BLETSO and National. You're really giving BLETSO too much credit..... And for 19.99, you too can have the same reports the teams do lol.

The latest Mock Monday (first 2 picks)

Higgins getting a lot of love, along with Eason. Overall, a lot more folks getting just 1 vote this week. I guess it's folks having no idea what to expect. 

https://www.colts.com/news/mock-draft-monday-2020-nfl-draft-0330

Position breakdown

WR 13

QB 5

DT 5

DE 3

OT 1.5

OG 1.5

CB 1

S 1

TE 1

Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson: 6 selections

Jacob Eason, QB, Washington: 4 selections (one trade up into first round)

Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU: 3 selections

Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU: 2 selections

Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State: 1 selection

Ezra Cleveland, T, Boise State: 1 selection

Marlon Davidson, DT, Auburn: 1 selection

Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama: 1 selection

Grant Delpit, S, LSU: 1 selection

Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri: 1 selection

A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa: 1 selection

Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia: 1 selection

Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma: 1 selection

Robert Hunt, G/T, Louisiana-Lafayette: 1 selection

Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU: 1 selection (trade up into first round)

Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame: 1 selection

Terrell Lewis, DE, Alabama: 1 selection

Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor: 1 selection

Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado: 1 selection

John Simpson, G, Clemson: 1 selection

Josh Uche, DE, Michigan: 1 selection

There have been some pretty good game managers through the years. Bart Starr, bob griese, heck, you could even make the case that Brady was a game manager for a long time. Getting into the right play, making the right read, and getting the ball out quickly are good traits.

53 minutes ago, Gigc said:

There have been some pretty good game managers through the years. Bart Starr, bob griese, heck, you could even make the case that Brady was a game manager for a long time. Getting into the right play, making the right read, and getting the ball out quickly are good traits.

When I think of having a game manager QB

giphy.gif

Archived