Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jake Fromm interview from SB

I know there is some fans of his in here. Here is a interview he did from the super bowl. I will say he is very impressive in this interview no matter if you think his ceiling is high. He sounds like a pro already. I think it’s funny he is already getting paid by State Farm. Go check out his Instagram name. If football doesn’t work he has a career in broadcasting. Seems like a natural.

• Like 1

He beat two no. 1 QB recruits that are arguably more talented him for the starting spot of Georgia two years in a row and there is a reason for this. All the intel and information that's coming out of that program is that Fromm is an amazing leader and very very smart player. 

You would never worry about him in this regard. He will very likely nail his interviews and meetings with teams so I wonder if any team falls in love with him to the point to vault him into round 1?

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

He beat two no. 1 QB recruits that are arguably more talented him for the starting spot of Georgia two years in a row and there is a reason for this. All the intel and information that's coming out of that program is that Fromm is an amazing leader and very very smart player. 

You would never worry about him in this regard. He will very likely nail his interviews and meetings with teams so I wonder if any team falls in love with him to the point to vault him into round 1?

New England would be perfect late in the first....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Somehow, pocket passers with medium arms but great accuracy are thought of as being a great fit for NE, but not here.  Instead, we want big head line splash play guys that might get us into a SB once in 20 years.

I am thinking of who is in our way to get to a SB. You got Watson and Mahomes. Who knows but maybe Burrow turns the Bengals around. Miami is about to get TUA and the chargers Herbert. Until I see that Fromm can be more then a game manager I will pass.

Some things that were good in that interview was he talked about how he is going to be working on throwing off platform. Talked about working on his twitch.

He is a great leader I just need to see more.

Really interested in seeing g his throwing workouts. I see a lot to like. He's not a physical stud, but he plays really smart and makes some big time throws --- back shoulder, fades. 

I know he's been surrounded by talent at Georgia but he won --- consistently in a conference where he had to play tough opponents.

And you know he's a gym rat.

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am thinking of who is in our way to get to a SB. You got Watson and Mahomes. Who knows but maybe Burrow turns the Bengals around. Miami is about to get TUA and the chargers Herbert. Until I see that Fromm can be more then a game manager I will pass.

Some things that were good in that interview was he talked about how he is going to be working on throwing off platform. Talked about working on his twitch.

Its just a weird thing.  The thought that a Qb is great for NE, but somehow not for us.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Its just a weird thing.  The thought that a Qb is great for NE, but somehow not for us.  

He just seems to be a fit in that NE system. Right now I want a play maker at QB. I want someone that can extend plays and make things happen. I am not sure I have seen that from him. It’s more just a preference. He is a winner though. That says a lot.

I’ve heard Vikings to sit behind Cousins for a year. The thing with Fromm is that we see his type come out every year at QB:

-Smart

-Doesn’t turn the ball over

-Great leader

-Lacks elite arm strength but is accurate 

-Doesn’t have ideal size

-Not mobile/athletic

Same type of things we heard about Matt Barkley, Josh Rosen, Will Grier, Mason Rudolph, Aaron Murray (seems almost identical to him IMO), etc...

His ceiling may be Kirk Cousins without the arm talent. But the way the NFL is now with teams finding guys who maybe aren’t the can’t miss prospect at QB but someone who fits what they want to do, he could be a starter in the right system. I don’t think that system is here though.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’ve heard Vikings to sit behind Cousins for a year. The thing with Fromm is that we see his type come out every year at QB:

-Smart

-Doesn’t turn the ball over

-Great leader

-Lacks elite arm strength but is accurate 

-Doesn’t have ideal size

-Not mobile/athletic

Same type of things we heard about Matt Barkley, Josh Rosen, Will Grier, Mason Rudolph, Aaron Murray (seems almost identical to him IMO), etc...

His ceiling may be Kirk Cousins without the arm talent. But the way the NFL is now with teams finding guys who maybe aren’t the can’t miss prospect at QB but someone who fits what they want to do, he could be a starter in the right system. I don’t think that system is here though.

I think the new breed of QB is a result of colleges not producing the accurate pocket passer and because offensive linemen aren’t able to keep up with these athletic freaks that play on defense. Hence we now have running QBs who bide time and make plays. I think the preferred way is still the pocket passer with good protection. 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

He just seems to be a fit in that NE system. Right now I want a play maker at QB. I want someone that can extend plays and make things happen. I am not sure I have seen that from him. It’s more just a preference. He is a winner though. That says a lot.

Eventually Ballard or Reich will mention Fromm and you will be on that bandwagon

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I know there is some fans of his in here. Here is a interview he did from the super bowl. I will say he is very impressive in this interview no matter if you think his ceiling is high. He sounds like a pro already. I think it’s funny he is already getting paid by State Farm. Go check out his Instagram name. If football doesn’t work he has a career in broadcasting. Seems like a natural.

To me, he fits Reich's type of qb

2 hours ago, LockeDown said:

I think the new breed of QB is a result of colleges not producing the accurate pocket passer and because offensive linemen aren’t able to keep up with these athletic freaks that play on defense. Hence we now have running QBs who bide time and make plays. I think the preferred way is still the pocket passer with good protection. 

Correct.  Colleges are breeding inferior QBs and olinemen, so that's why a QB who can run for his life has higher value than it previously did.  What used to be garbage is now treasure.

The Qbs job is to get the ball to his playmakers, not really be the playmaker himself.

UGA doesn't send WRs to the NFL.  OSU send WRs to the NFL, who succeed, and their QBs are overrated because of it.

18 hours ago, stitches said:

You say pole vault him. Maybe teams have him ranked  as a top 20 pick.

16 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Agree about the colleges producing inferior QBs. I disagree that pocket passers are still the preference. The game has evolved. Firstly, a QB that can rollout and throw on the run is deadly. And Brady’s two losses against the Giants showed why those type of QBs are out-dated. All it used to take was pressure in the QB to shut diwn an offense. But now you have these huge athletes at QB who thrive off script and create on their own and the results have been tremendous.

12 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Agree about the colleges producing inferior QBs. I disagree that pocket passers are still the preference. The game has evolved. Firstly, a QB that can rollout and throw on the run is deadly. And Brady’s two losses against the Giants showed why those type of QBs are out-dated. All it used to take was pressure in the QB to shut diwn an offense. But now you have these huge athletes at QB who thrive off script and create on their own and the results have been tremendous.

It’s not new. Archie Manning and Fran Tarkenton did it first long ago but the league knew it’s better to throw from a pocket. Archie got the crap beat out of him. 

16 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

It’s not new. Archie Manning and Fran Tarkenton did it first long ago but the league knew it’s better to throw from a pocket. Archie got the crap beat out of him. 

You could even add Randall Cunningham to that list. It’s not new, but it’s more prevalent and desired now.

Of course you want any QB to be able to win from the pocket. But you also need a QB who can can make plays outside the pocket. Extending plays is how you really wear a defense out. 

On 2/2/2020 at 9:25 AM, Chloe6124 said:

I actually think NE is a good place for him to be drafted.

Yes, and No. He will be able to process a lot of information fast and learn the offense. But he is not the kind to carry a team on his back when he doesn't have the defensive support or running game, he is not that type of QB.

At some point, Fromm will have to be that in his career. But then, only a handful of QBs that are currently playing, can put a team on their backs even when their support is failing. So, not worth a Round 1 grade based on that.

On 2/2/2020 at 11:40 AM, Chloe6124 said:

I would definitely add the reigning MVP and the Ravens in that list.

I’m one of the very few here that like Fromm and his potential as a franchise QB. He has great pocket presence, very accurate, high IQ, and doesn’t throw many INTs. He doesn’t have elite arm strength but it’s good enough. He will be playing on average about 10 dome games a year.

My comp for Fromm if he reaches his full potential under Reich would be Cousins/ Romo. With this great offensive line and Mack at RB he could be a great QB.