Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans @ Colts Game Day Thread

Nadine

This loss is all JB's fault lmao , he shouldn't of let the FG get blocked which turned the game around = (fluke play), he should've massaged TY's calf so he could play and healed Mack's hand by holding it.

On a serious note, we are so short handed not many QB's could've won with our offense today. Have it JB haters, hey lets draft Jordan Love. I am sure Love would've scorched the Titans with the pathetic WR's we rolled out there today. lmao . I am sure Chad Kelly would've had a career day :banana:

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lol. They played their butts off. I am not mad at the effort at all. They did the best they could do. I don’t want to hear the trash talking about Jacoby and the INT at the end. He did what everyone wanted him to do and throw downfield and take chances.

Who ever is not blocking on FG needs to be fired.

You might not want to, but you should listen to folks that know JB isn't the answer.  Bucking reality just kind of seems..... I dunno, pointless?

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

This makes little sense.

You say he made the pass on his first read but is bad on progressions.  What progression does he have to make when he throws the ball on his first read?  If your first read is open you throw it to him.  How can you get better than that?

I guess you and I disagree on what we see.  I think he looked better today by getting rid of the ball instead of tucking it and running with it.  He at least gave his receivers a chance to make a play whereas in weeks past he did not.

It's great that he can throw to a receiver if he's the first read and he's wide open don't get me wrong. If he couldn't even do that, he wouldn't be a NFL QB. I'm saying when that first read isn't there, Jacoby has no clue what to do and looks flat out lost. 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lol. They played their butts off. I am not mad at the effort at all. They did the best they could do. I don’t want to hear the trash talking about Jacoby and the INT at the end. He did what everyone wanted him to do and throw downfield and take chances.

Who ever is not blocking on FG needs to be fired.

We weren't really wanting him to throw more downfield and take chances. We were just pointing out that he avoids it at all costs because he sucks. Which he again proved. 

Just now, bestQBever said:

that order sounds about right. Some coaching staff changes might need to happen such as ST coach and strength and conditioning.

Yeah I agree with the coaching changes. Strength and conditioning too, we always have so many injuries every year it’s crazy.

At this point I say throw in CK, at worst we lose out and have a good shot at a real QB, at best we win the rest of our games and maybe make the playoffs. Or is it the other way around...?

ignoring the horrible special teams play on field goal attempts either missing or getting blocked... one for a TD lol

JB is so bad... he throws late on first down passes to the dump off man while he stares around the field looking for a WIDE open player 

he does those stupid little mini pump fakes even which then leads to him throwing LATE to the dump off man who is running towards the sideline... so it's late and thus, incomplete

they say he protects the ball but with his team ahead by 3 at home in the 3rd Q he tries (on a first down) to throw late down the middle while he is kind of moving and not set.. and starting to get wrapped up by a defender... and it flies high and is picked off and that leads to a tied game at 17

why can't you lead guys or throw to someone who is kind of covered a little but open if you make an anticipatory throw? throw the ball on time... he sits there in a clean pocket and wastes 3 seconds then panics and tries to scramble and loses yards... he did this the play before the blocked FG for a TD. it made the FGA move to the left hash mark and he lost 2 yards. THROW IT TO SOMEONE... sometimes you will get a flag on the defense if you actually throw it to a guy who is kind of covered but can still make a catch with a good throw

he better not be starting next season

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This loss is all JB's fault lmao , he shouldn't of let the FG get blocked which turned the game around = (fluke play), he should've massaged TY's calf so he could play and healed Mack's hand by holding it.

On a serious note, we are so short handed not many QB's could've won with our offense today. Have it JB haters, hey lets draft Jordan Love. I am sure Love would've scorched the Titans with the pathetic WR's we rolled out there today. lmao . I am sure Chad Kelly would've had a career day :banana:

JB is a s s man. Accept it. He throws a nice spiral when his receiver is wide open though. 

9 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Well, when I made the post I stand by that.

As of now he looks bad on those INT's, no doubt.  I still like the fact that he is looking downfield instead of running it all the time.  I'm just looking at it from a "get better" point of view as I stated in my first or second post of this thread.  He is still slow at making progressions, but overall, I think he did better today.

Hopefully you realize my expecting an apology was in jest. JB still in my opinion didn’t look any different today than he has, he just had more time to stare at his first read. I didn’t get to watch the whole thing but when I did see him, he stared at his guy and never looked the other way, ever. Not one time did I witness JB look left than right. It was look middle, follow the receiver to the left and then throw, good or bad. He is terrible. And if he starts to add in turnovers, now he is beyond useless. This team is poorly qb’ed and half the time, the blame should equally go to the coaching staff, they have been questionable too. 

solid draft picks upcoming. Top 10?

Just now, bestQBever said:

It's great that he can throw to a receiver if he's the first read and he's wide open don't get me wrong. If he couldn't even do that, he wouldn't be a NFL QB. I'm saying when that first read isn't there, Jacoby has no clue what to do and looks flat out lost. 

Can't completely disagree with that.  I have to look at the all 22 to see if he did better in his progressions this week.  Once or twice I thought his head moved before he threw.  I could be mistaken though.  We shall see...

15 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

You didn't read my post... 

Irsay's won't give him that option. Jim's done it in the past. It's all optics. Fans have to see that the team is serious about winning and that means spending money and not hoarding it. 

% if we cut Vinny when we should have we could have two wins instead of losses. And Reich is starting look like he isnt the coach I thought he was. He is coaching desprate over using good judgement.

1 minute ago, Numba1Colt said:

ignoring the horrible special teams play on field goal attempts either missing or getting blocked... one for a TD lol

JB is so bad... he throws late on first down passes to the dump off man while he stares around the field looking for a WIDE open player 

he does those stupid little mini pump fakes even which then leads to him throwing LATE to the dump off man who is running towards the sideline... so it's late and thus, incomplete

they say he protects the ball but with his team ahead by 3 at home in the 3rd Q he tries (on a first down) to throw late down the middle while he is kind of moving and not set.. and starting to get wrapped up by a defender... and it flies high and is picked off and that leads to a tied game at 17

why can't you lead guys or throw to someone who is kind of covered a little but open if you make an anticipatory throw? throw the ball on time... he sits there in a clean pocket and wastes 3 seconds then panics and tries to scramble and loses yards... he did this the play before the blocked FG for a TD. it made the FGA move to the left hash mark and he lost 2 yards. THROW IT TO SOMEONE... sometimes you will get a flag on the defense if you actually throw it to a guy who is kind of covered but can still make a catch with a good throw

he better not be starting next season

THIS. I couldn't have said it better. I just don't see how some people in this forum can't see the glaring flaws in Jacoby Brissett's game. He isn't complete garbage, but he has no future as a starting QB for this team.

Just now, colts_100nascar17fan said:

On the bright side we get to watch tampa bay kill us next week,  nobody on this team can cover mike Evan or chris godwin, plus thier defense is great against the run and pass d getting better.

Take out “we” and replace it with “I”, I’ve got better things to do on a Sunday than watch JB stare down the field lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

Hopefully you realize my expecting an apology was in jest. JB still in my opinion didn’t look any different today than he has, he just had more time to stare at his first read. I didn’t get to watch the whole thing but when I did see him, he stared at his guy and never looked the other way, ever. Not one time did I witness JB look left than right. It was look middle, follow the receiver to the left and then throw, good or bad. He is terrible. And if he starts to add in turnovers, now he is beyond useless. This team is poorly qb’ed and half the time, the blame should equally go to the coaching staff, they have been questionable too. 

solid draft picks upcoming. Top 10?

Yeah, no worries on the apology thing.  That's why I didn't apologize, haha.  J/K.

I'll wait to see the all 22 before i see if he did better this week or not.  From my eye I couldn't tell how often he went to his second/third receiver during the game.

If we continue to lose players and/or the defense just loses interest, I think we could end up with a decent pick in the draft.  I also think this defense is too good and that they'll keep us close enough to screw it up and win a few.  haha

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Calmack said:

JB is a s s man. Accept it. He throws a nice spiral when his receiver is wide open though. 

Most QB's are with the offense we have, besides our O.Line we rolled out an average/probably below average team at best at every position. Jack Doyle was our best player for peet sakes lmao . Nobody on our offense today would be a #1 on any team = WR's, TE's, RB's. How people can't see that is amazing. Lets just say JB sucks, that is the ticket. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most QB's are with the offense we have, besides our O.Line we rolled out an average/probably below average team at best at every position. Jack Doyle was our best player for peet sakes lmao . Nobody on our offense today would be a #1 on any team = WR's, TE's, RB's. How people can't see that is amazing. Lets just say JB sucks, that is the ticket. 

I disagree, Doyle would be a number one and four out of our five OL would be. Outside of that yes, you’re right

Edit: Sorry about the OL part, only read the bolded lol

The QB can suck as well as the team. Doesn't have to be one or the other. 

Just now, Calmack said:

The QB can suck as well as the team. Doesn't have to be one or the other. 

There a decent amount of QBs in the league who would’ve steamrolled the thumbtacks with our D, our OL, and Doyle. JB is not one of them

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I said our Line was great and Jack was our best player today. Besides that nobody is close to a #1 that we had out there.

Agreed. If Ballard doesn’t resign Doyle I will be very sad.

• Like 1

If TY, Ebron, Campbell, and Mack play I am sure we win this game even with the terrible JB.

Yeah I meant THIS team. The currently suited up one. The one that sucks as much as the QB. JB would be carried by Mack and Hilton if they were there

Just now, Calmack said:

Yeah I meant THIS team. The currently suited up one. The one that sucks as much as the QB. JB would be carried by Mack and Hilton if they were there

That is thing, people have excuses for us winning games when others have been out. Like vs KC, Hill was out and many say that is why we won. They still had Mahomes and Kelce though. So why I can't I use an excuse like TY and Mack being out. Losing TY is beyond bad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Calmack said:

It's "the total of all of it's parts" thing.  The total of this team is not sufficient to beating a lot of teams.  We're not that deep.  Not sure how many teams are when dealt with this many injuries.  JB is not elite enough to overcome the deficiencies and his shortcomings are magnified.

When this team is closer to healthy JB is adequate and can get the job done in my opinion.  If we can find better we should make it happen.  It will be an interesting lineup come the last two or three games of the year.

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Yeah, no worries on the apology thing.  That's why I didn't apologize, haha.  J/K.

I'll wait to see the all 22 before i see if he did better this week or not.  From my eye I couldn't tell how often he went to his second/third receiver during the game.

If we continue to lose players and/or the defense just loses interest, I think we could end up with a decent pick in the draft.  I also think this defense is too good and that they'll keep us close enough to screw it up and win a few.  haha

Let me know what you see in the all22. I don’t have it and am not that heavily invested in it after a game is done. I do enjoy reading those who do break stuff down though after watching games over. We do have a pretty good defense  to keep us in games. Be interesting to see how many guys were injured after this game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It’s ok to see the QB for what he is with or without #1’s all around him. He is average with the team in place and he is below average when he is missing stars. It’s just what he is, we now have enough tape to see what abilities JB has and it isn’t starter material. Sorry, it just is fact. We will have to find a new QB, K, 2nd TE and likely another WR, that’s just needs on offense. There are needs on defense but mostly just finding the consistent pass rush going and keep building back up spots for injuries. 

• Like 1