Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rodrigo Blankenship - Kicker... Round 5... Thoughts?

Rodrigo Blankenship - Kicker... Which Round?   

19 members have voted

1. 1. Rodrigo Blankenship - Kicker... Which Round?

• Round 4
    • Round 5
    • Round 6
    • Another Kicker...(Add Comment)

On 11/29/2019 at 1:32 PM, DougDew said:

If you think he's that good, I'd take him in round 4.

I consider a kicker to be a starter.  It would be difficult to get much more impact from any other position with round 4 talent.

I think there has been a tendency, really since the franchise coming to Indy, to take the kicking position for granted. From Dean Biasucci up to this season, kickers on this team have had above average efficiency numbers. Granted they have had a built in advantage of playing indoors, but this may be the first season in Indy history where we've dealt with these types of kicking woes. And because of that I hope your point really gets hammered home with the front office. 

On 11/29/2019 at 1:32 PM, DougDew said:

If you think he's that good, I'd take him in round 4.

I consider a kicker to be a starter.  It would be difficult to get much more impact from any other position with round 4 talent.

Round 4 would be about the earliest but I would only go there for a very talented kicker.  

Round 4 is generally a rotational or developmental field player.  A top 5 kicker is worth more than a rotational or developmental field player.  But if it's someone who's just going to be an average NFL kicker they arn't.  

• Like 1

Not a lot of draftniks are rating any kickers (not even Blankenship) as draftable this year.  I guess teams like us who had kicking struggles all year might pull the trigger in the 6th or 7th if they're really worried about it.  But, seriously, even before we just signed McClaughlin the other day, I had us signing him, Cole Hedlund, and a rookie undrafted, and having a good, old-fashioned kicking competition.   

• Like 1